Mariner OTS Concierge lounge?

swooldri

Does the Mariner still have a Concierge lounge? Some information I have found says as of this March the lounge gets turned into inside staterooms with no Concierge lounge but a new suite lounge added. If this is true, they are doing this change/work while running revenue cruises?

I would think they would do this work when dry docked in May?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

Does the Mariner still have a Concierge lounge? Some information I have found says as of this March the lounge gets turned into inside staterooms with no Concierge lounge but a new suite lounge added. If this is true, they are doing this change/work while running revenue cruises?

I would think they would do this work when dry docked in May?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

As far as I know, the Concierge Lounge is not going anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As far as I know, the Concierge Lounge is not going anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes it is. Four inside cabins replacing that space after extensive dry dock in May. Say goodbye forever to the CL. :(

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/mariner-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1881/09

Yes it is. Four inside cabins replacing that space after extensive dry dock in May. Say goodbye forever to the CL. :(

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/mariner-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1881/09

According to your link this happens after March 19th. Not during the May dry dock.

Which is correct. I will be surprised if it is complete in March.

Thoughts?

It would appear that there will be a suite lounge on deck 14 - part of the Viking lounges. Not sure exactly what the suite lounge will be and who will get access to it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If it's in line with other Suite Lounges it will be for suites and pinnacles only.

It would appear that there will be a suite lounge on deck 14 - part of the Viking lounges. Not sure exactly what the suite lounge will be and who will get access to it.

I think we are pretty sure that there will be a Suite Lounge after the May dry dock. which will be for guests in Grand Suites and better, plus Pinnacle level. However, I believe the OP is trying to find out if that Suite Lounge will come sometime before the May dry dock.

I think we are pretty sure that there will be a Suite Lounge after the May dry dock. which will be for guests in Grand Suites and better, plus Pinnacle level. However, I believe the OP is trying to find out if that Suite Lounge will come sometime before the May dry dock.

According to the deck plans the SL is showing as of March 19th.

According to the deck plans the SL is showing as of March 19th.

I guess we will find out soon enough. Hopefully we will get a report from people onboard. I think John is still on the two remaining repositioning legs.

I guess we will find out soon enough. Hopefully we will get a report from people onboard. I think John is still on the two remaining repositioning legs.

My wife and I are on the last leg prior to dry dock (Dubai to Barcelona) and we are Diamond+. So the main reason I asked, is we were wondering if we will have access to a lounge other that the Diamond. Maybe we can hear from someone that will be on the ship after March 19th.

Thanks, Steve and Karen

According to your link this happens after March 19th. Not during the May dry dock.

Which is correct. I will be surprised if it is complete in March.

Thoughts?

Actually no....I clicked on the link for deck plans from May 2019- April 2020. If you will notice to the right the bold black option is the choice listed.

Mariner is going in for 100 mil major dry dock before she comes here to PC in May. I will be on just after she gets here to check her out. She was my very first ship on an RCI cruise. Looking forward to having her back here where she began. She is actually the first and only brand new RCI ship deployed to PC to start her runs.

If it's in line with other Suite Lounges it will be for suites and pinnacles only.

Though I noticed an interesting thing in the listing of the lounge in the advertisements. It lists full suites...but no Pineapples....accidental omission...or on purpose? :confused:

Actually no....I clicked on the link for deck plans from May 2019- April 2020. If you will notice to the right the bold black option is the choice listed.

Mariner is going in for 100 mil major dry dock before she comes here to PC in May. I will be on just after she gets here to check her out. She was my very first ship on an RCI cruise. Looking forward to having her back here where she began. She is actually the first and only brand new RCI ship deployed to PC to start her runs.

Understood, but if you click on the March 19, 2018 to May 3, 2019 link you see this modification shown possibly being completed prior to dry dock. This is my point when is this modification going to really be completed. I think during dry dock, but it is not all that clear.

Edited by swooldri

I guess I am confused. What is the difference between a suite lounge and a concierge lounge? They both seem to have free drinks, hors d’oeuvres during a specific hour, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Suite Lounge no longer allows D+ entry. It's for full suites and maybe pinnacles.

Concierge Lounge is for D+, full suites, and pinnacles.

I believe the dates listed on the different versions of deck plans are in error.

The ship currently has sailings until the drydock in Spain after unloading passengers on May 7th in Barcelona.

We will be on the last 2 sailings from Singapore to Barcelona.

I see no reason to believe that the current CL would or could be converted to cabins prior to the drydock.

I also expect there will be rather high numbers of Diamond and above on the last 2 cruises. I would guess 800 to 1000 or possibly more. With that in mind I expect the Lotus Lounge will be used for evening cocktails as has been done on the Explorer TP's.

As for the Suite Lounge, although the description say GS and above if you look up the Liberty it also say GS and above, Pinnacles are allowed in on the Liberty and I assume the Mariner will be the same. At this point I am assuming that all Voyager and Freedom class ship will be eliminating Concierge Lounges and replacing them with Suite Lounges

Understood, but if you click on the March 19, 2018 to May 3, 2019 link you see this modification shown possibly being completed prior to dry dock. This is my point when is this modification going to really be completed. I think during dry dock, but it is not all that clear.

Yeah, RCI's website is not immune to errors...that's for sure! ;)

At this point I am assuming that all Voyager and Freedom class ship will be eliminating Concierge Lounges and replacing them with Suite Lounges

And I am guessing will be the case eventually fleet wide. :( I dislike not having an alternative lounge to visit if one is busier than the other...or my usual pet peeve...one coffee machine is not working. :eek:

Diamonds were kicked out of the CL a few years ago, now D+ have essentially been kicked out of the CL by just renaming and relocating them as an SL. :rolleyes:

However, with crowding in the DLs becoming an issue with the fast growing number of Ds coming on board, and the overflows on some ships being eliminated, not to mention new ships have smaller DLs (Harmony). I would guess another change is in the making. :confused:

Seems like they re-name it before dry-dock....

Rename it...or actually put in those four inside cabins in place of the CL...when?

Normally cabins are prebuilt and then inserted into the ship. I am not sure it that is the case with these add-ins. Even if the are assembled in place It would cause a lot of disruption to do this while the ship was in use by passengers. I believe they will not put in the 4 cabins until drydock.

As for renaming it before drydock. I doubt they would bother renaming it sooner but I also would not be surprised if they limited assess to Suite and Pinnacle only due to what may be a high number of Pinnacles.

If they follow what has been happening on other ships and not have any overflow lounges for evening cocktails both lounges will be insane.