Carnival changed our port

telebax51

Carnival changed one port on the Fascination southern Caribbean cruise from Dominica to Antigua never been to either. What are your thoughts on the change, is there some problem with Dominica?

The island was destroyed by Hurricane Maria. There was some outside hope that it would be visitable by the time the Carnival Fascination started going there in late April into May . . . .but even so it would not have been near the same Dominica that was there pre Maria. Tours are extremely limited right now and full vegetation will likely take well over a year to get close to what it once was.

I like the decision. And Carnival added Dominica to cruises later in the year to make up for removing it from these earlier cruises. Antigua has gorgeous beaches and quite a bit to see.

We have been holding back on excursions for that reason, they still may not be finish redirecting ports i hope San Juan is ok we have 4 days pre cruise there and 3 days post cruise in Condado. this will be our 3 cruise from San Juan.

The rest of the islands are good to go and have been receiving bigger ships consistently.

Dominica was always a question mark for when it would be ready. They started receiving some cruise ship guests at the end of January and my guess is despite having some excursions available the feedback probably was that it isn’t ready to really take on higher passenger cruise ships (2000+ people).

Have fun in San Juan :)