Breakaway Feb 16-25

jeppler

Another wonderful cruise from NY. Teppanki once again offered up the best filet Mignon ever. They won't tell where they get it.

Was anyone else in Spice H2O early in the cruise for the mini dust up with a guest? There was a large, loud group over-stuffing the hot tub and playing a boom box that could be heard across the deck. When a waiter told them that boom boxes were not allowed, the apparent "leader" of the group literally started yelling at the poor guy, and telling to go away. He then began roaming the deck to see why complained and got even louder and more obnoxious.

I was on this cruise - had a good time - a ton of kids on mid-winter break so a little too loud and crowded - we stayed away from the buffet because its overstuffed and the food selection and taste gets worse every year on NCL - however the MDRs food was amazing (except last cruise night in Manhattan room was poor quality and service). Specialty and MDR very strong this time - Taste and Savor was great for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

Definitely noticed some annoying elements on the cruise this time - they were playing very loud music and "dancing" on deck 8 outside a few times - people generally avoided the area where they were.

The ship is starting to look a bit rundown, cracking paint in some areas of the cabin and dirty tiles - the steward for my room forgot to clean the bathroom on the first day, forgot to bring us beach towels, and forgot to put a bed cover on for unpacking - was pretty decent the rest of the trip, but only on the second to last day did they really clean the room well. Always had a slightly lingering urine smell around the cabin (101248) - don't know what that was about. Breakaway's drydock will hopefully fix some of these issues. Overall I love the ship, sailed on her for four times, and even though the crowd, staff, and ambiance changes, the ship is great. Current captain is a bit boring (had a much better one in 2015 who was so lively and exciting on ship announcements - don't know who he was, but was awesome, loved talking about how ships need to be in water!)

Gonna book an Escape cruise for later this year to try out a breakaway plus vessel - maybe Bliss in late 2019?

I was on this cruise - had a good time - a ton of kids on mid-winter break so a little too loud and crowded - we stayed away from the buffet because its overstuffed and the food selection and taste gets worse every year on NCL - however the MDRs food was amazing (except last cruise night in Manhattan room was poor quality and service). Specialty and MDR very strong this time - Taste and Savor was great for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

Definitely noticed some annoying elements on the cruise this time - they were playing very loud music and "dancing" on deck 8 outside a few times - people generally avoided the area where they were.

The ship is starting to look a bit rundown, cracking paint in some areas of the cabin and dirty tiles - the steward for my room forgot to clean the bathroom on the first day, forgot to bring us beach towels, and forgot to put a bed cover on for unpacking - was pretty decent the rest of the trip, but only on the second to last day did they really clean the room well. Always had a slightly lingering urine smell around the cabin (101248) - don't know what that was about. Breakaway's drydock will hopefully fix some of these issues. Overall I love the ship, sailed on her for four times, and even though the crowd, staff, and ambiance changes, the ship is great. Current captain is a bit boring (had a much better one in 2015 who was so lively and exciting on ship announcements - don't know who he was, but was awesome, loved talking about how ships need to be in water!)

Gonna book an Escape cruise for later this year to try out a breakaway plus vessel - maybe Bliss in late 2019?

Was that the captain who sang and played guitar? He was great, we loved him. Was the music on deck 8 coming from personal boom boxes or from the ship?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

...Was anyone else in Spice H2O early in the cruise for the mini dust up with a guest? There was a large, loud group over-stuffing the hot tub and playing a boom box that could be heard across the deck. When a waiter told them that boom boxes were not allowed, the apparent "leader" of the group literally started yelling at the poor guy, and telling to go away. He then began roaming the deck to see why complained and got even louder and more obnoxious.

Wish I was there for that. The extra warm days made it a great cruise for people watching

Ah, the joys of cruising with some of the entitled idiots from NY. Most are fine but the bad ones from NY are worse than anywhere else, IMHO of course.

NYC, unlike the other departure ports, is a major airline/transportation hub. We get people from all over who want to enjoy the "capital of the world" in addition to cruising. So those "NYers" you're complaining about most likely flew in from "the boondocks" or some other back world place.

Ah, the joys of cruising with some of the entitled idiots from NY. Most are fine but the bad ones from NY are worse than anywhere else, IMHO of course.

Mighty decent of you to add the disclaimer "most are fine " Not really sure how you are so sure that entitled idiot was from NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok then “Skeeter”. Thanks for quantifying that “most are fine”. So glad you could at least make us aware of that.

I said the same thing. I didn't see anything in the op's post that said such.

Same here. Didn’t see it at all. Just a story about some loud mouthed bro douche that made a scene. No mention of a New Yorker.