What is the difference with WiFi packages

peanutbutterjelly

Here you go.... Decide yourself what you need. I will say service is spotty and at times slow. Its a bit cheaper for each plan if you buy a week package

Social Wi-Fi Plan ($5 USD per day)*

Access the most popular social websites and applications including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, SnapChat and the most popular airline sites. Does not include access to most websites and email. Does not support access to video and music streaming (such as Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, Pandora), iMessage or Skype. Cellular-network-dependent Wi-Fi calling and Facetime services are also not supported.

Value Wi-Fi Plan ($12 USD per day)*

Access popular social websites, email and applications including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, SnapChat and the most popular airline sites as well as news, entertainment (not including streaming sites), sports, weather, banking and finance. Post pictures of your trip and make your friends jealous. Faster speeds than the Social Plan. Does not support Skype or video and music streaming (such as Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, Pandora). Cellular-network-dependent Wi-Fi calling and Facetime services are also not supported.

Premium Wi-Fi Plan (17.70 USD per day)*

Our Premium Wi-Fi plan provides you access to all sites under the Social and Value Plans at the fastest possible connection on board (3 times faster than the Value Plan). Our Premium Plan also supports Skype calling where coverage allows. Does not support video and music streaming (such as Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, Pandora). Cellular-network-dependent Wi-Fi calling and Facetime services are also not supported.

On our last cruise, I started out with just the Social network plan. After a day of it, I upgraded to the next plan. Just know that you will be charged the higher rate for the entire cruise as opposed to just for the days after you upgraded. What I didn't like in the Social lowest plan was anytime I saw a news story posted to FB, I couldn't click to read the story.

Keep in mind that you can only be logged in using ONE device at a time. I've only used this plan on the Breeze and Valor, so I can't speak to the speed on other ships. For these two, it was good.

We just sailed on Vista last month and we had the middle package. It was perfectly fine for everything including face time and wifi calling. My wife made several calls every day and evening back home and even at sea days with no real issue. Only a couple of dropped calls and a couple times she said there was a slight delay. We could check our security camera's at our house and she was able to all the social media stuff she does.

Will give you a warning if you want to use wifi calling you need to set this up on your phone prior to sailing. Basically you agree that if you dial 911 on wifi calling it will not go through. I had read all the bad reviews and was skeptical. But actually was surprised how well it worked. There were alot of issues on my phone with the carnival app but hers seemed ok. She has a iphone 7.