Havana Cabin 5230

SoftballMom8

I just booked my Havana cabin on the Vista. Our cabin is #5230. Its the last inside cabin before you go into the Havana area outside. Is that a good stop or should I try and get moved??

Havana is a great area!! Your cabin will be fine. However you exit/enter from the front of the Havana lounge....Near Ocean Plaza. You do not have access to Havana Pool area from the hallway the rooms are in. You will need to walk thru the Havana lounge

Havana is a great area!! Your cabin will be fine. However you exit/enter from the front of the Havana lounge....Near Ocean Plaza. You do not have access to Havana Pool area from the hallway the rooms are in. You will need to walk thru the Havana lounge

I've never been on this ship but booked on the Horizon in 2020. My understanding was you could get to the pool area from the walkway from the cabanas also, is that not true?

• 5 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I was in this room last week and thought it was awful. There is no blocking out the music with earplugs or anything like that. The whole room vibrates from the bass. You could place your hand on the floor or wall and feel it coming through. And it comes from both the dining room below during meal times "showtime" and from Havana bar. There were other random knocking noises that would happen occasionally, no idea on the source. Most nights it did not quiet down until midnight, but there were a few nights where there were no shows. I will also note that I have moderate-to-severe hearing loss and I was still very much affected by the noise and vibrations.

On this cruise, it was the last Havana cabin available and given the choice again, we would not book it. We'd search for another week or get another cabin and give up Havana. I asked the person in the room beside me and they said they had zero issues with noises or the bass vibration.

I did count off the paces to see what was on the other side of the wall and it was 34 paces and there was a locker / closet that said "fancoil control" ... no idea if there was a piece of band equipment like a speaker or subwoofer in there or if it was just the acoustics causing the sound to reverberate in that corner, but it was pretty terrible.

8 hours ago, five. said:

I know this is an old thread, but I was in this room last week and thought it was awful. There is no blocking out the music with earplugs or anything like that. The whole room vibrates from the bass. You could place your hand on the floor or wall and feel it coming through. And it comes from both the dining room below during meal times "showtime" and from Havana bar. There were other random knocking noises that would happen occasionally, no idea on the source. Most nights it did not quiet down until midnight, but there were a few nights where there were no shows. I will also note that I have moderate-to-severe hearing loss and I was still very much affected by the noise and vibrations.

On this cruise, it was the last Havana cabin available and given the choice again, we would not book it. We'd search for another week or get another cabin and give up Havana. I asked the person in the room beside me and they said they had zero issues with noises or the bass vibration.

I did count off the paces to see what was on the other side of the wall and it was 34 paces and there was a locker / closet that said "fancoil control" ... no idea if there was a piece of band equipment like a speaker or subwoofer in there or if it was just the acoustics causing the sound to reverberate in that corner, but it was pretty terrible.

I do not doubt you.  We are a HUGE fan of havana rooms, but I would never stay in an inside one and def not one that backed up the band area.  The music in the Havana lounge is loud and much reverberation.  We are always surprised that wen we get to cabin the lack of noise once we are inside.

• Like 1