Carnival Pride Arriving Late March 4th

PRProf

Just a quick note to let those of you scheduled to head out tomorrow, due to the high winds and waves, the Captain has chosen to take a longer route by hugging the coast line. He just announced that he thinks we will pull into the port between 2-3 Sunday afternoon. If I hear any update, I'll repost.

Just a quick note to let those of you scheduled to head out tomorrow, due to the high winds and waves, the Captain has chosen to take a longer route by hugging the coast line. He just announced that he thinks we will pull into the port between 2-3 Sunday afternoon. If I hear any update, I'll repost.

How was the trip? Any quick pros or cons about the Pride on this trip?

Trip has been great... except for Mother Nature! Latest news from the Captain is we now are delayed at pulling alongside the dock until 4 pm. We hit tremendous winds and waves around midnight, which slowed us down, but kudos to the Captain for putting safety first.

I can say from experience that it will be a nightmare for people on the ship trying to get flights changed. When it happened to us we had a 9 hour wait at the airport before catching a flight home. Would we do it again....in a heartbeat! Cruise is so worth it.:')

The line to get into the port must have been massive. In December we were 3 hours late and the incoming traffic was backed up onto both directions of I-95.

Cruise parking must have been a disaster too!!.... Spaces still taken by passengers on the incoming cruise....

That's why when we sailed Pride in January (14-day Journey's cruise) we stayed an extra day at a hotel in case Pride was late coming in. Of course, we arrived on time but better safe than sorry.

Cruise parking must have been a disaster too!!.... Spaces still taken by passengers on the incoming cruise....

At the end of December they did not let embarking passengers into the lot until the disembarking had completed. That is why traffic backed up onto I-95. Our uber could not get in either (especially since they driver had embarking passengers in the car). Luckily there was a taxi in the lot who took us home.