Teenager dress code

Cruiseaptp

This is why I hate posting questions. Because you will probably be mocked/laughed at/ or bullied.

Oh-ask away. Dress code threads bring out the trolls.:mad: Yes, you are correct but at least they are just on a thread. If face to face-many CC bullies would not say a word.

I ask silly questions all the time. My favorite is when people semi bully you and they have never even been on the ship you're asking about or post their own personal preference and not what the reality is.

Lol. I am not a friend of stereotyping. It's a pet peeve. So I will just leave it at that.

No stereotyping, just plain observation . LOL For over 10 years I am on this board I never saw Brits or Italians or any other nationality asking this question ....so I guess its only Americans who haw problem with pants for dinner .....;p ;p

• 3 weeks later...
"Dress shorts" You can lipstick on a pig it's still a pig.

Put pants on or go to the buffet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds like you just need to purchase a cruise line, and then you can make all the rules you want.

When I started cruising in 2010 I was still concerned about dress codes. If you look at the mirror before leaving the room and like what you see all is good.

And yes I would rather have someone at my table in good fitting jeans and a tank top who is wearing a style that fits the body than someone in his best clothes that might have been fitting 15 years ago but not anymore now.

Is it that hard to get your kids to wear something nicer dinner?

We were traveling with 4 kids between the ages of 5-9 and none of them had issues wearing some nice pants and a collared shirt or dresses to dinner.

So good to hear! We will be traveling with our family including our two grandsons (who will be 13 and 15) and they will be following the dinner dress code suggestions....I know they’d be wearing nice pants and nice shirt anyway!

It seems in the states (for the most part), it has become the mindset that “anything goes’ and so many choose to ‘do their own thing’ and if you don’t like it....tough. I get so weary of this attitude.

We were on the Riviera last month for a 10-day Caribbean cruise. It was a lovely cruise and we met so many interesting people. My husband and I chose to dine many times with tables of six or more just to meet new people.

One morning we chose to have breakfast by ourselves in the beautiful MDR. Near us was a young couple. The woman had on short-shorts and a very scant top. The man had on shorts and a sleeveless top. Actually, they looked very uncomfortable and out-of-place.

Riviera has several dining options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and this couple probably would have felt a lot more comfortable eating breakfast in the “Waves Grill” or the “Terrace” where they would have found more passengers wearing similar clothing. Just saying......

Just wanted to add, as a mother to 4, that if a child does not wear dress clothes at home, purchasing a wardrobe, even if it's just 2-3 pairs of pants, to use just for a cruise, can get expensive when spread over multiple children. Particularly growing children who may quite likely not wear them again. We live in Texas and my son has very little call for dress pants. He does have "dress shorts" that are worn with a belt and a collared or button down shirt.

Can't speak to the actual ship, but on MSC Splendida, and on other lines, dress shorts for ds were fine.

Just got off ship! My teenagers loved it but only came to dinner twice. It would have been fine to go with dress shorts, if anybody else wanted to know. We only ate the the complimentry resturant at the 19:15 time.