Cabin question about the Ryndam cabins (Now the Pacific Aria) or her sisters

Velvetwater

Yes...I know she isn't in the fleet anymore but the Aussie boards are crazy quiet and its cabin question anyway.

We managed to be given an Oceanview porthole cabin (deck 5 which is 2nd from the bottom) right at the front. Doesn't look like we can change it.

How is the noise/motion in a front lower deck cabin? Has anyone got any pictures of these cabins?

Any advice would be great from anyone who has sailed on the Ryndam or her sisters (Statendam or Maasdam)

Thanks so much :)

Yes...I know she isn't in the fleet anymore but the Aussie boards are crazy quiet and its cabin question anyway.

We managed to be given an Oceanview porthole cabin (deck 5 which is 2nd from the bottom) right at the front. Doesn't look like we can change it.

How is the noise/motion in a front lower deck cabin? Has anyone got any pictures of these cabins?

Any advice would be great from anyone who has sailed on the Ryndam or her sisters (Statendam or Maasdam)

We sailed on all of them and love those smaller ships. We have had verandah cabins with no problems except our last Maasdam where we had too much noise since that cabin was right over what was known as the Ocean Bar. I understand they changed the public rooms and divided up the dining rooms after they changed hands. But other than that, we always enjoyed our smaller ship cruises on every one of them.

Lot of ship-wide vibration on the last Maasdam cruise, but no reports of that same problem before or after that one cruise so don't think this is an inherent problem in these sister ships - we had to move fast and were dodging hurricanes on that repositioning run from Boston to San Diego. So I think it was just a one-off situational experience.

I have sailed on the Maasdam and we had a lot of roll call members. I wasn't in your cabin type but others were. No one reported issues at the front of the ship.

There is a spot you can still go to where the pics are still there for your ship. If you google HAL Cruiser Information, you will find a ton of pics for that ship as well as the other in her class - all mostly provided by Cruise Critic members and any comments that they had.

Hope this is a bit helpful to you.

I never had a cabin with portholes, but the cabins with windows, as low down and as forward as possible were my favorite on the S-Class ships. I was usually on the lowest passenger deck, and preferred the cabins across from the Medical Center.

I enjoyed the noise from the thrusters during docking, and I really liked the anchor noises when the she ship as at anchor, but many people find those kind of noises annoying. Also, there are often loud banging noises overnight as a result of the waves hitting the side of the ship, which others have complained about. I like to hear those noises, but everyone is different.

Motion wise, it will depend on the seas. I felt the motion far less in the lower cabins than I did in the Lido. But if the seas were quite rough, the motion is noticeable. If the seas were smooth, I honestly had trouble determining if the ship was moving unless I looked out the window.

Thanks for the replies and advice! It seems the staterooms haven't really changed except cosmetic things.

erewhon, I stated in my original post that the Aussie forums are quiet and since she was with HAL longer than shes been with P&O it seemed fitting to ask here.

There's quite a lot about the clanging when entering and leaving port which is fine as I like sail ins and sailaways on the top deck :)

Thanks for the replies and advice! It seems the staterooms haven't really changed except cosmetic things.

erewhon, I stated in my original post that the Aussie forums are quiet and since she was with HAL longer than shes been with P&O it seemed fitting to ask here.

There's quite a lot about the clanging when entering and leaving port which is fine as I like sail ins and sailaways on the top deck :)

You asked the right questions on the right forum. No problems. Love to get even more feedback about the changes to our old HAL ships, now rebranded and redone for Australia P&O cruising. .

Loved the S-Class. I had an OV cabin just aft of the port hole cabins on the Statendam. When sailing directly into the wind, waves and weather, the bangs can get pretty loud and the ship shudders. Other than that no problems.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You asked the right questions on the right forum. No problems. Love to get even more feedback about the changes to our old HAL ships, now rebranded and redone for Australia P&O cruising. .
Loved watching the videos of the former Ryndam. That was my first HAL ship so I have fond memories of her.