Caribe Deck Balcony

msnat

I've seen some recent posts dealing with balcony size. Had to dig around in my old reviews to find this about the Caribbean Princess, a Grand Class like Diamond and Sapphire.

....we booked on the Caribe deck for that extra space. Everyone talks about halves, thirds and percents when describing the cover of Caribe balconies. While packing I happened to eye the sewing kit while we were gathering our stuff. Anyway, I grabbed one of those cloth-measuring strips that you roll up and take up no space at all. Drum roll please, the standard balcony has a usable width of 8’11”. The extra deep Caribe balcony measures 9’5” (83.9 Sq Ft). Dolphin deck, below, has a depth of 6’1” (54 Sq Ft). Baja, above, has a balcony depth of 4’4” (38.6 Sq Ft). So, the overhang above Caribe balcony isn’t quite 50%, it’s close enough as a description.

Hi,

I recently cruised aboard the Crown Princess (Feb. 23 - March 3, 2018) and had one of the excellent Caribe Deck balcony staterooms (C503). The balcony is very spacious and I highly recommend these staterooms. There are two chairs and two footstools. Also, there is a round table (approximately 24 inches in diameter) that is the correct height for dining. The fact that the balcony is only partially covered makes it feel more open and provides a better view of the sky.

Late each evening, I went to the International Cafe and picked up to two small desserts. I then enjoyed having the desserts on my balcony while viewing the sea and sky.

Chuck

• 4 weeks later...

Without a doubt best value balcony cabins. I would highly recommend also having the “ ultimate balcony dining “experience as you have so much more space for the waiters to serve you. They come in the morning , clean the whole balcony, windows, tables etc then in the evening you have a magical experience. Well worth the extra $20 over Sabatinis.

Sent from my iPad using Forums