Gym & Spa??

Bo1953

Iwas finally able to open the entire 33 page or so SPA MENU...brochure and downloaded it to my tablet. Will get a hard copy on board

It is really well done.,...hope the treatments live up to the promise...

It is nice - the one I have doesn't have prices (got them on my cruise planner). Did you find one with prices?

I may book my Thai Herbal Poultice massage now since things will likely book up. :D

Yes, the cruise planner has the prices... but the spa menu booklet has descriptions and photos only,.,...no idea what all those special massage bed therapies will cost...but happy with the basics for now.

We do not have any OBC yet so just as well that spa , excursions and specialty dining are all pre paid. We do get the E + perks for internet, laundry , etc, and the booking perk of Classic Drinks ....so we should be OK. Booked part of our pre cruise hotel with Hilton Honors points...that helped a bit.

Thanks...it was informative but a bit boring for my taste,..

Just under that video there was an Infinite Balc Tour video..which showed the bed by balc with the bi-fold doors open. Seems it won't be as bad as I imagined.....but next time we'll go for bed by bathrm...

Thanks...it was informative but a bit boring for my taste,..

Just under that video there was an Infinite Balc Tour video..which showed the bed by balc with the bi-fold doors open. Seems it won't be as bad as I imagined.....but next time we'll go for bed by bathrm...

Agree, it is a bit boring. I think it was a webinar for TAs? It was posted on YouTube so I watched it to see if there was anything new and learned a few things. Probably not meant to be exciting like the public video. They call the TA webinar series "Edge-U-Cation." :D

Glad the bi-fold doors look better to you. I am looking forward to seeing how it looks. I will take lots of pictures from the Dec 1 cruise. Hopefully we can get both a bed by the balcony and bed by the bathroom for the cabin crawl, to compare. I think you got a great deal either way!

I booked my massage this morning. Thanks for reminding me to book the in port treatments early to get the better rate. Since the preview cruises are only going to the Bahamas from 12-5 one of the days, I booked a 3 PM appointment that day for $188 - a 75 minute Thai massage - very excited! :D

I will get some pictures then and also will get pictures of the SEA Thermal Suite during a tour the first day, I hope.

Agree, it is a bit boring. I think it was a webinar for TAs? It was posted on YouTube so I watched it to see if there was anything new and learned a few things. Probably not meant to be exciting like the public video. They call the TA webinar series "Edge-U-Cation." :D

Glad the bi-fold doors look better to you. I am looking forward to seeing how it looks. I will take lots of pictures from the Dec 1 cruise. Hopefully we can get both a bed by the balcony and bed by the bathroom for the cabin crawl, to compare. I think you got a great deal either way!

I booked my massage this morning. Thanks for reminding me to book the in port treatments early to get the better rate. Since the preview cruises are only going to the Bahamas from 12-5 one of the days, I booked a 3 PM appointment that day for $188 - a 75 minute Thai massage - very excited! :D

I will get some pictures then and also will get pictures of the SEA Thermal Suite during a tour the first day, I hope.

I would love to see pictures of beds by the balcony if you are able to get them! So the room next to mine became available and I have been debating on whether or not change to get the bed by the bathroom but I am so paranoid about X or the TA messing something up that I think I will just keep what I have, especially because I was able to change my promotion from 1 perk to 2 perks. I may try the HIIT class and see how intense it really is. I remember signing up for a bootcamp class once on the Silhouette and it was not what I was used to. I remember telling the instructor how it was different from what I was used to he said they need to adjust depending on the demographics. To my surprise when I was checking my expenses for the day, I noticed a refund so I think it may had been due to my comment.

I would love to see pictures of beds by the balcony if you are able to get them! So the room next to mine became available and I have been debating on whether or not change to get the bed by the bathroom but I am so paranoid about X or the TA messing something up that I think I will just keep what I have, especially because I was able to change my promotion from 1 perk to 2 perks. I may try the HIIT class and see how intense it really is. I remember signing up for a bootcamp class once on the Silhouette and it was not what I was used to. I remember telling the instructor how it was different from what I was used to he said they need to adjust depending on the demographics. To my surprise when I was checking my expenses for the day, I noticed a refund so I think it may had been due to my comment.

Wow, sounds like they wanted you to be happy with your class.

As far as changing cabins, I know what you mean about messing things up. I now have them email a booking confirmation while I wait on the phone. I don't hang up until I check to make sure the cabin, perks, price, etc. are correct on the confirmation. If something is incorrect, they can fix it. The X people and the TAs I have dealt with have been nice about waiting on the line. :)

• 2 weeks later...
OF COURSE the one I want to book for my husband's birthday is not showing on the website. Where is the salt stone massage?? Nowhere to be found!!

I couldn't find it either. I would call Captain's Club to try to book.

The treatments I saw online were mostly the "standard" treatments...most of the new stuff was not listed including the special treatment tables..

Guess we'll have to stay tuned.

The treatments I saw online were mostly the "standard" treatments...most of the new stuff was not listed including the special treatment tables..

Guess we'll have to stay tuned.

There definitely were new treatments including the new spa tables with those treatments included. The mineral boost massage appears to be done on the amber and quartz crystal bed, and the ocean wave massage is done on the Spa Wave MLW Amphibia Table. both of these were available for booking, along with some others. But the salt massage, nada!

Sorry..I stand corrected. Hope they post soon

I have basic facial and massage booked but might add reflexology...or see if they offer combo specials once on board

I find all of Kelly Hoppen's designs rather cold on paper (cabins, The Retreat, The Spa). I am hopeful that they are just trying to make the spaces look sleek and modern in the renditions, but that in reality there will be more color and depth to give it warmth. It looks like there will be great light and views, which will make me happy. :D

Agreed... color schemes are just too gray (all the rage for the next fifteen minutes) and white in many spaces and the cabins. Maybe it's all about lighting inside? I'm really hoping for so much more "Wow!" experience inside as I find the outside asymmetrical look to be ugly... especially for the starboard side's hideous support frame (and in bright orange no-less?!?) for the Magic Carpet. Real ugly (but cool concept)... hoping they can make it look nicer in later versions. (I understand it's all about physics and structural integrity and whatever, but why enhance it's ugliness in the design?) Looks like a handle to carry Edge around!:'):')

Spa decor is kept simple to encourage relaxation but I prefer warm tones..The grey that is popular now makes it look too cold, sterile and crypt like to me.

But it can easily be warmed up with the soft goods and wall decor. It is not complete so it may look and feel better in person! Looking forward to it!

Spa decor is kept simple to encourage relaxation but I prefer warm tones..The grey that is popular now makes it look too cold, sterile and crypt like to me.

But it can easily be warmed up with the soft goods and wall decor. It is not complete so it may look and feel better in person! Looking forward to it!

hcat, speaking of Edge décor, I'm not sure if you saw my post about the cashmere mattresses? I asked celebrityonetouch about allergies and posted the answer here under post #74:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2507939&page=4

Agreed... color schemes are just too gray (all the rage for the next fifteen minutes) and white in many spaces and the cabins. Maybe it's all about lighting inside? I'm really hoping for so much more "Wow!" experience inside as I find the outside asymmetrical look to be ugly... especially for the starboard side's hideous support frame (and in bright orange no-less?!?) for the Magic Carpet. Real ugly (but cool concept)... hoping they can make it look nicer in later versions. (I understand it's all about physics and structural integrity and whatever, but why enhance it's ugliness in the design?) Looks like a handle to carry Edge around!:'):')

I hope for pops of color in addition to the "cool elegance" throughout the ship.

As far as the ship itself, I think that some pictures of the Edge may her look ugly, but I think they are the ones where the MC looks large in relation to the ship, in order to highlight the MC maybe? The picture I like the most is this one - it puts the MC in perspective and I am hopeful that the relatively small MC (110 ft long) in relation to the much larger ship (1004 ft long) will make it less likely to stick out like a sore thumb. I will have to see the finished product to know - I am actually more concerned that the aft will be the less elegant part of the ship, but will wait until the final touches are done before passing judgment. I have not liked the looks of ships I have sailed in the past, but they look better to me once I get used to the look and have enjoyed a cruise on them. :D

enhance

hcat, speaking of Edge décor, I'm not sure if you saw my post about the cashmere mattresses? I asked celebrityonetouch about allergies and posted the answer here under post #74:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2507939&page=4

I did not see yoyr post so thanks for letting me know,,.

Here's the reply I posted,.

Thank you for inquiring for me.. Monica was the person I spoke to who NEVER called me back.,.I will call her again today,

I am allergic to Cashmere clothing so the mattresses stuffed with it will probably be the same.,I think I will have a problem unless they can do more than tell me I won't be allergic to their mattresses,

I will probably have to bring a plastic cover and hope for the best but wont book another X until I see how it goes,..

Update: spoke to another rep in Special Needs...my inquiry is still on file...I am requesting a non mohair mattress or a plastic cover...,,Allergies are serious issues, esp when the throat closes up...( wool silk, mohair) so I am hoping they find a solution, I won' t be the onky one... thanks again for your help

Edited by hcat

I hope for pops of color in addition to the "cool elegance" throughout the ship.

As far as the ship itself, I think that some pictures of the Edge may her look ugly, but I think they are the ones where the MC looks large in relation to the ship, in order to highlight the MC maybe? The picture I like the most is this one - it puts the MC in perspective and I am hopeful that the relatively small MC (110 ft long) in relation to the much larger ship (1004 ft long) will make it less likely to stick out like a sore thumb. I will have to see the finished product to know - I am actually more concerned that the aft will be the less elegant part of the ship, but will wait until the final touches are done before passing judgment. I have not liked the looks of ships I have sailed in the past, but they look better to me once I get used to the look and have enjoyed a cruise on them. :D

enhance

Very nice shot..thanks for sharing!

I did not see yoyr post so thanks for letting me know,,.

Here's the reply I posted,.

Thank you for inquiring for me.. Monica was the person I spoke to who NEVER called me back.,.I will call her again today,

I am allergic to Cashmere clothing so the mattresses stuffed with it will probably be the same.,I think I will have a problem unless they can do more than tell me I won't be allergic to their mattresses,

I will probably have to bring a plastic cover and hope for the best but wont book another X until I see how it goes,..

Update: spoke to another rep in Special Needs...my inquiry is still on file...I am requesting a non mohair mattress or a plastic cover...,,Allergies are serious issues, esp when the throat closes up...( wool silk, mohair) so I am hoping they find a solution, I won' t be the onky one... thanks again for your help

Thank goodness they advertised their cashmere mattresses so that you could do something ahead of time. I hope other unsuspecting people don't have serious reactions.

Probably wont affect too many..more common allergy is wool, silk..etc

not even sure it will affect me but no way to know ahead of time..I may see if a local store has them and stop by to see if I react..

Still hoping it all works out