Gym & Spa??

Bo1953

Looking forward to the reveal...hope there is a bit more warmth to the spa than the depiction which seems a bit stone cold!

Tried to go to cruise power mentioned in the ad but seems that is a member site for TAs.

I assume the gym will be fairly standard hi tech equip...maybe with more space for classes

I find all of Kelly Hoppen's designs rather cold on paper (cabins, The Retreat, The Spa). I am hopeful that they are just trying to make the spaces look sleek and modern in the renditions, but that in reality there will be more color and depth to give it warmth. It looks like there will be great light and views, which will make me happy. :D

I went to the cruise power site as well - surprised the part devoted to Edge had an older deck layout prior to any restaurant reveal. You would think a site for TAs would have the latest info. Guess only those who have their focus on Edge would notice.

I noticed ;)

Guess we'll stay tuned... spa visits have been a big part of my cruising over the years. Was not sorry to see Steiner go but have been quite disappointed with Canyon Ranch on X..... including, pricing, services and attitude!

I liked the Elemis products better than CR but can buy them online, and have quite a few of the CR workout clothes,,,,Most enjoyed spa has been Red Door at Sandals( very reasonable and nice products) and some private resorts that do their own thing.

Open to something new as long as I can afford it, and they offer standard services like massage, reflexology and facials. Have tried many other so called "cutting edge" services but prefer the standards!

Agree about light being important but hope they have some rugs on the spa floors or very warm spa slippers!

Edited by hcat

Pretty impressive...big change from previous Celebrity ships. Glad we have an Aqua Class cabin!

Yes, I am jealous. I will try to do the thermal suite on a port day with the Elite perk, if available, or pay for a pass for a day to try it out. [emoji3]

We can't afford the spa experience. Just way too expensive. Those who do will love this one but, sorry, waiting for the rest of the ship to be revealed. We are booked in January, 2019 and are still waiting those areas we can utilize. Wonder what the theater will look like?

Glad i found this info here... I will copy and paste my posting from another thread over here and suggest folks look here!

Thanks for posting ( Lloyd) and re posting (vt) the spa video...

my post on the other thread:

Made me quite satisfied that we continued with AQ class for our EDGE cruise..Has always been our preference. Spa plus Blu ......great combo at the AQ class price point...so far! Will be looking to book AQ for 2020 after seeing this mini reveal!

Spa is Interesting...seems to be missing an aromatherapy rm, but maybe I missed it, Salt breathing is of course the new hot item and the other rooms and loungers look nice as well...Steam room and dry sauna are the bulwarks of any spa and they are there,, Best of all they will be fresh and new!

Overall the decor seems quite masculine in design and crypt like...very cold. Hope warmth and softness are added with candles, flowers, aromas, music, art......soft goods,,.

Going to check out pricing next

Edited by hcat

I am also very excited about the spa and that AQ has that nice benefit (daily passes for the SEA Thermal Suite are going for $69). I looked at the prices for AQ on one of my 3 day preview cruises and there was only $100 PP difference between AQ and an S3. I would bet the price will go up as the demand will be higher after everyone sees the new spa.

The FAQs sheet said that even the top suites will not have free access, only AQ. They also said they would continue giving Elite on up a free pass on a port day. :D

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/CEL_EDGE_Spa_Reveal_FAQS.pdf

Good to know about the Elite pass...in case we ever book without taking AQ. Class. Have not found the list of spa prices yet...just looking for a facial and massage.,.nothing cutting edge..bad pun!

The way prices are going, not sure what we will book in the future but this seems like an upscale spa...missing a T pool. Worth the upcharge for spa, PG + Blu

There's a cruise critic article..will try to post the link here.

(LLP says it's the 1st mens barbershop ..not true, , When they removed T pool from Century they enlarged the spa and added a small barber shop. Maybe LLP was still with Royal back then???)

Husb will help me look at that after dinner.. I don't like to touch the Cruise Planner these days. .I'm afraid I'll hit the wrong button and wipe it all out.

biotech facial might be ok..I used to enjoy the Marine Collagen...then went on to oxygen infusion.. anti ageing..nothing too exotic..And plain swedish massage or Canyon Ranch massage have been OK..

Also thinking about one session of hair treatment...The Elemis salon's frangipani hair trtmnt was great..I still have some of that left.

Did you book anything yet?

We dont have OBC yet...so I have to see what my Royal card points will cover!

Husb will help me look at that after dinner.. I don't like to touch the Cruise Planner these days. .I'm afraid I'll hit the wrong button and wipe it all out.

biotech facial might be ok..I used to enjoy the Marine Collagen...then went on to oxygen infusion.. anti ageing..nothing too exotic..And plain swedish massage or Canyon Ranch massage have been OK..

Also thinking about one session of hair treatment...The Elemis salon's frangipani hair trtmnt was great..I still have some of that left.

Did you book anything yet?

We dont have OBC yet...so I have to see what my Royal card points will cover!

This one looks good to me (kind of aromatherapy with a relaxing massage). We have some OBC so I'm tempted. I was saving it for Dinner on the Edge, in case it is a gazillion $$ - decisions, decisions. :D

Thai Herbal Poultice Massage - 75 minutes

enhance

Overview

This energizing, rhythmic massage utilizes scented herbal poultices that are heated and applied to the body at pressure points to relax the muscles and release tension. Your therapist then follows with an array of Eastern and Western massage techniques and acupressure movements combined with essential oils that will take your body on an exotic journey of total renewal.

I saw on a roll call that some people tried to switch to AQ after the Spa announcement, but they were sold out. They also were unable to purchase a pass to the SEA Thermal Suite (STS).

I checked my cruise planner for my Edge cruises and they offered a week pass for the STS for one for $149 and for two for $249. All passes to the STS were unavailable on all cruises when I tried to do a dummy booking. We will probably try it on a port day with our Elite passes before booking a week pass on a future cruise. I am intrigued by the 7 different thermal suites - my guess is that they will be popular.

I am so excited for my first Aqua Class experience! I wonder if the fitness on demand will have an upcharge. Fitness room looks nice

The Fitness on Demand may be complimentary. The website has some of the things offered and an asterisk for the ones with a fee. The Fitness on Demand did not have the asterisk, so may be free. :)

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/spa/fitness-center/

Folks on our Jan roll call tried to move to AQ or buy Thermal Suites passes and they were sold out...I think things may open up closer to sailing dates.,they usually do. I am pleased they will limit the Thermal Suite passes because it does fill up a bit,...esp on sea days...Seems the spa, gym and Thermal Suites are a big hit so far!!!!

As I posted on my roll call for the 1/27 sailing:

"I knew once that e mail arrived and the Spa/ PG thermal Suite details were revealed, things would go quickly. (Guess they refer to it as Thermal Suites now.....Royal C name for the PG on X)

Booked 2 spa appts this morning . After wandering around the Cruise Planner maze, dh helped me get 2 treatments with the Port Pricing discount & 18 % grat added in...

Those discounted appts are clearly marked and are limited to port times, so if anyone is interested, I suggest you book ahead now. I took the basic Swedish Massage ( same price as with Steiner) & Collagen facial...( maybe a bit pricier than in the past.) Have to look at the salon hair treatments and flowers, next."

Sandy...seems we made a good choice with AQ class.....fitness on demand seems interesting and looking forward to the gym and spa!

Folks on our Jan roll call tried to move to AQ or buy Thermal Suites passes and they were sold out...I think things may open up closer to sailing dates.,they usually do. I am pleased they will limit the Thermal Suite passes because it does fill up a bit,...esp on sea days...Seems the spa, gym and Thermal Suites are a big hit so far!!!!

As I posted on my roll call for the 1/27 sailing:

"I knew once that e mail arrived and the Spa/ PG thermal Suite details were revealed, things would go quickly. (Guess they refer to it as Thermal Suites now.....Royal C name for the PG on X)

Booked 2 spa appts this morning . After wandering around the Cruise Planner maze, dh helped me get 2 treatments with the Port Pricing discount & 18 % grat added in...

Those discounted appts are clearly marked and are limited to port times, so if anyone is interested, I suggest you book ahead now. I took the basic Swedish Massage ( same price as with Steiner) & Collagen facial...( maybe a bit pricier than in the past.) Have to look at the salon hair treatments and flowers, next."

Sandy...seems we made a good choice with AQ class.....fitness on demand seems interesting and looking forward to the gym and spa!

Good advice!

Iwas finally able to open the entire 33 page or so SPA MENU...brochure and downloaded it to my tablet. Will get a hard copy on board

It is really well done.,...hope the treatments live up to the promise...