Gym & Spa??

Bo1953

Hello all,

Might these be located on deck 14 forward??

I may have missed the reveal for it and did not find it anywhere else.

Also, what about the teen and children's activity areas, any ideas as to possibly location? Deck 14 as well?

Thank you... bon voyage

Hello all,

I may have missed the reveal for it and did not find it anywhere else.

Also, what about the teen and children's activity areas, any ideas as to possibly location? Deck 14 as well?

Thank you... bon voyage

Not revealed yet. We still have entertainment, gym, spa, children's centers, and shopping to be revealed.

Hello all,

Obviously this is just speculation, but I'd bet you are correct about the gym and spa in forward of 14. The spa café and juice bar are right there as well as the solarium pool. Not sure about the kids area, can't tell if there is enough room in that area for both those activities, but the only area left to reveal on an upper deck is on 15 forward of the villa's and the retreat lounge. Not sure they'd put the kids area up there..... when's the next reveal :confused:

I'mskeptical if there will be a gym or a kids area

Unfortunately,there will obviously be no sports court .... as on the Solstice class

But thereare still a few unpublished areas. Let us surprise

No gym? Highly unlikely. I'm guessing it will be bigger and better than ever. It's a very important aspect of any mega-ship.

The same with a kids area. No there is not going to be a water park, as that is not what Celebrity is about, but a kids/teens center I would say for sure. Celebrity is not willing for forgo this lucrative market.

As you say, lets see if we are surprised!

I'mskeptical if there will be a gym or a kids area

Unfortunately,there will obviously be no sports court .... as on the Solstice class

But thereare still a few unpublished areas. Let us surprise

there will definitely be a gym. it's always heavily used on every ship I've been on. I for one am glad for no "sports court" if that's the case. I would have chosen deck 14 or 15 forward to enjoy the sun but I just could never deal with the sound of bouncing balls. Instant serenity killer.

• 1 month later...
there will definitely be a gym. it's always heavily used on every ship I've been on. I for one am glad for no "sports court" if that's the case. I would have chosen deck 14 or 15 forward to enjoy the sun but I just could never deal with the sound of bouncing balls. Instant serenity killer.
Thought you would enjoy a picture leaked many months ago of the spa entrance. I posted this before, but since no reveal is happening soon, this might again spark interest. The round desk in the middle looks like the check-in area with a winding staircase to the next deck behind. Excited to see beyond the entrance. 0a2b759374836333863bc732ac41eda9.jpg

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

It does fit with the rest of the Edge décor and could fit into the gray areas of the deck plans. It looks like a beautiful space! Thanks for posting again!

Sure, happy to post. It is a very nice design! Thinking it might fit on deck 14 near the bank of elevators, where you could have the very tall windows giving you a dramatic ocean view if placed just forward of the two, two-story villas on the port side. The stairway could lead to some treatment rooms on deck 15. Hopefully, they will leave part of 15 for a common viewing area at the front of the ship accessable to all from the elevators on 15. Fun to fit together the remaining puzzle pieces.

Lost my post???.( fat fingers)

Thanks for posting the latest spa finds

The treatment rooms are actually not very appealing to me..They are interior. I prefer a view to the sea whenever possible...but most of the time eyes are closed, covered or face down anyhow.,

The floor design is dizzying and cold looking as opposed to relaxing. Hope that has changed in the the final decor design...

I usually visit the spa twice on a 7 day cruise.....basic massage and facial.. with.port pricing if possible,

Lost my post???.( fat fingers)

Thanks for posting the latest spa finds

The treatment rooms are actually not very appealing to me..They are interior. I prefer a view to the sea whenever possible...but most of the time eyes are closed, covered or face down anyhow.,

The floor design is dizzying and cold looking as opposed to relaxing. Hope that has changed in the the final decor design...

I usually visit the spa twice on a 7 day cruise.....basic massage and facial.. with.port pricing if possible,

Agree with the interior treatment rooms - maybe just initial draft? Hopefully they will release the final renditions soon!

• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to the reveal...hope there is a bit more warmth to the spa than the depiction which seems a bit stone cold!

Tried to go to cruise power mentioned in the ad but seems that is a member site for TAs.

I assume the gym will be fairly standard hi tech equip...maybe with more space for classes

I went to the cruise power site as well - surprised the part devoted to Edge had an older deck layout prior to any restaurant reveal. You would think a site for TAs would have the latest info. Guess only those who have their focus on Edge would notice.

This follows what I heard on reflection on January. I asked a professional in the spa if they would be on edge. They said canyon ranch didn't get the edge contract. This person was definitely in the know per se. Seems it's the spa not a canyon ranch spa. The link never mentioned canyon ranch. Didn't want to spill the beans in case I was mistaken. If so should be a new experience!

This follows what I heard on reflection on January. I asked a professional in the spa if they would be on edge. They said canyon ranch didn't get the edge contract. This person was definitely in the know per se. Seems it's the spa not a canyon ranch spa. The link never mentioned canyon ranch. Didn't want to spill the beans in case I was mistaken. If so should be a new experience!

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I never even thought of the generic name, The Spa - you would think that if Canyon Ranch was involved, the name would be everywhere. If true, I wonder if this will happen fleet-wide eventually.

They haven't officially announced this yet, but it should be soon since I was able to find this announcement. I will be checking my cruise planners for the ability to book spa appointments. It will be interesting to see if Canyon Ranch is involved. I won't be disappointed - I like the idea of the Edge changing things up, with more new things to try.:D