Feb 27/18 Celebrity Curacao shorex not as advertised

Packard

The ABCs are on our schedule down the road so it's always good to get info on them. Other than this issue, how did you like them?

On the ABC cruise when in Bonaire try Bonaire Cruisers it’s golf cart rentals. Independent excursion that you have to book ahead and early as they sell out. We all thought it was the best part of the cruise. You have to be able to walk 4 or 5 blocks from pier to their location. IMG_4691.thumb.JPG.59cb65bac908ee656aac428a305ca063.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for Bonaire cruisers. We did the golf cart last year and it was probably the most fun we had on the entire cruise. Don’t forget to ask where the wildlife is. They seem to keep a good track on where things are and will point them out on their map.

You can try to work on getting a refund further with a phone call. BUT, accepting the 15% refund on the day of was your mistake. There is nothing more now that they owe you. You can of course come on here to critique the excursion. That's your best recourse.

I think you could easily have received 50% back that same night with a few words to the right person. And what REALLY would have helped is if you had more people to join in.

Having liquor available does NOT describe this a "typical" booze cruise. :rolleyes: That argument would fall in the "meh" category.

That’s not correct. I accepted 50% on the Equinox wrote a letter when I returned and was given a $200 or $100 when I get back from corporate. They did contact me. I followed up with them. All 12 in my group got it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update everyone......I received a call from Corporate today and they are putting the cost of the shore excursion back on my credt card. They do read letters and do respond. Nicely done Celebrity!

Kind of off-topic, but have you noticed how many of the Aruba tours show the intact natural bridge as one of their promo photos? Considering it collapsed in 2005, I think it's a bit of false advertising to still have it visually show up as tour highlight 13 years later (some mention in the text that it's collapsed, but still have the intact photo). Of course, these tours do take you to the resulting pile of rubble, but it isn't quite as photogenic. ;)