Best Royal Ship for kids ages 3-8

namest

We were on Freedom last year and my twin grandsons loved the ice rink. Freedom definitely needs some updating.

We are interested in a family of 10 returning to Royal but on a new ship. I have heard good things about Harmony.

Any thoughts? Is a different ship better? We are also dealing with 3 vegans and a severe dairy allergy. I wish the cruise lines were more accommodating

The menus and dietary needs are the same on ALL RCI ships. It's simply a matter of where you want to go, and what "amenities" each ship that goes where you want to, has! All of the kids are of age to enjoy the kid's clubs! They'll have a blast, no matter WHICH ship you choose!

Oasis class of ships have an array of wonderful things and the shows are very good. Kids enjoy the aqua theater show and the carousel, which are not on the Freedom. However, you may find that numerous activities have age/weight/height requirements and the kids couldn't participate. You are really talking very young kids - they probably wouldn't notice - suggest doing what's best for everyone.

As far as special dietary needs, contact special needs ahead of time. Most people find the food staff to be very helpful; not sure how much more accommodating you want them to be.

We took our 3 year old grandchild on Allure last December and he loved it and they were unbelievable great with the kids. We have been on 16 RCCL cruises and always thought they had some great stuff for kids, but experiencing it first hand was truly amazing. I was a little concerned about taking someone so young at first but now are shopping for the next cruise to take him on. I do believe that all the ships do a great job with small children, some have more space and options and Oasis and Freedom class would be my first option.