Coffee Card

jinpasco

The point is that you paid for 15 drinks. When you have 15 punches, you are done. The company is not out any money even if you finish it on another cruise. So why should it expire? Just like gift cards that you bought and paid for can no longer expire under the law!

The point is most of the people that are bent on this didn't pay, they were given the cards as a perk?:D:)

And those that have a few punches left , what is the loss...??? If the card goes missing they are in the same "boat."

Only those that purchased them with a bogo might have a few floating around...but otherwise....... why would anyone have purchased several cards, to keep.

Regarding gift cards independent vendors refuse them all the time...are you going to take someone to small claims court for 50 bucks...

I live in CA..........and have had many gift cards with no expiry refused after so many years.

Edited by land lover

:eek:Can't believe I am still reading these threads and responding......:D

And for the record, I do not agree with people who think they have a "right" to sell their "perk" coffee cards on line or as some did on my roll calls a few years ago.They can do what they want with them, but "right" really?

I think it is generous of those who give the cards, their mini bar or bottle of wine to others.

And what will I do on my next 2 cruises that I have the drink package...and I will receive a mini bar, probably not choose a coffee card exchange...pretty simple choice to me.......rather have a bottle of wine or mini bar items to distribute to others or take at least the booze home.

I hope I will never respond to another coffee thread again......yeah right......

You are assuming that the staff selling the coffee cards even know there is an expiration date now.

Oh, they know all right. The 4 I talked to were well aware of them but not concerned , yet.

When the first expiration date kicks in I'm sure their manager will be quite bust trying to calm down some of the folks who are oblivious to them.

Each card should last the length of the cruise and then expire. Done. Leave the ship and toss it. Done. Why should something so simple be so complicated. Lifetime coffee for $35? Not really.

Then that’s how they should sell it. When I bought mine they said it was good on future cruises as long as punches left. I didn’t use all 10 punches as I don’t have a cappuccino every day and it was a 7 day cruise. I figured I could use it the next year so I bought it. I never expected lifetime coffee but 10 special coffees as the advertised. Certainly won’t fall for that again.

Then that’s how they should sell it. When I bought mine they said it was good on future cruises as long as punches left. I didn’t use all 10 punches as I don’t have a cappuccino every day and it was a 7 day cruise. I figured I could use it the next year so I bought it. I never expected lifetime coffee but 10 special coffees as the advertised. Certainly won’t fall for that again.

Didn't you get 15? And what exactly did you fall for?:confused: Is there a date on the card? If so, what's the mystery?

:eek:Can't believe I am still reading these threads and responding......:D

And for the record, I do not agree with people who think they have a "right" to sell their "perk" coffee cards on line or as some did on my roll calls a few years ago.They can do what they want with them, but "right" really?

I think it is generous of those who give the cards, their mini bar or bottle of wine to others.

And what will I do on my next 2 cruises that I have the drink package...and I will receive a mini bar, probably not choose a coffee card exchange...pretty simple choice to me.......rather have a bottle of wine or mini bar items to distribute to others or take at least the booze home.

I hope I will never respond to another coffee thread again......yeah right......

If Princess's intent was to curtail selling of coffee cards on eBay this new card won't stop it at all. It'll probably increase the number of cards being sold since they'll expire someday.

At least that's how I see it. I have numerous cards that I wasn't planning on selling but the newer ones with a date I will sell on eBay shortly and keep the older ones for my own use.

We have just come off a princess ship. Yes the coffee card is only used for a specfic cruise and is writen on the back of the card. However, the specialty punchs can be used for furture cruises, just not for free coffee.

So your card did not have an expiration date (12/31/18) on the back?

Some coffee cards have been kicking around for many cruises...lifetime was an exaggeration. ;)

That policy changed a few years ago. Now the coffee card has a voyage number on the back, and you can only use it for coffee and tea for that particular voyage. However, any remaining punches can be used until the card is all punched.