Spa pool crown princess

Xtrmflyer

Cruise week of 2/18 it was open all but 1 day. We had rough seas out the first two days and the water washing out of the pool onto the tile floor around the pool was creating a slip hazard. I suspect this has been the primary reason for it being closed much of this season. The water is also damaging the spa doors and encroaching inside into the spa hallway.

Cruise week of 2/18 it was open all but 1 day. We had rough seas out the first two days and the water washing out of the pool onto the tile floor around the pool was creating a slip hazard. I suspect this has been the primary reason for it being closed much of this season. The water is also damaging the spa doors and encroaching inside into the spa hallway.

We were on the 2/18 Crown sailing and it closed quite a few times due to the rough seas. We were using it because we were up in the Sanctuary. People that were in it, including my husband at one point, were being pushed all over the pool. We had the two seats outside at that were next to the railing by the spa pool and the water splashed so high that it came up to the Sanctuary! They had to close it, almost half the water came out!

Oh! So THAT's the reason it's been closed - bad weather! I thought it was a maintenance/technical issue.

No clue why it was closed on other sailings but I can tell you that they had to close it during our sailing because we watched half the water spill out more than once. The days it wasn't rough it was open.

Oh! So THAT's the reason it's been closed - bad weather! I thought it was a maintenance/technical issue.

Sometimes it's weather - can't control that.

Sometimes it's maintenance - Princess controls that.

One cruise we were on the Lotus Spa pool was closed for 3 or 4 days. They were completely refinishing and repainted the pool.

Sometimes it's weather - can't control that.

Sometimes it's maintenance - Princess controls that.

One cruise we were on the Lotus Spa pool was closed for 3 or 4 days. They were completely refinishing and repainted the pool.

We must have been on same as you. We boarded 1/28 and were on until 3/3.

We were on the 2/18 Crown sailing and it closed quite a few times due to the rough seas. We were using it because we were up in the Sanctuary. People that were in it, including my husband at one point, were being pushed all over the pool. We had the two seats outside at that were next to the railing by the spa pool and the water splashed so high that it came up to the Sanctuary! They had to close it, almost half the water came out!

We were on this cruise from 1/28 until 3/3. I stayed in the Sanctuary the entire time. At no time whatsoever did the water go up to the sanctuary. The water was at the half way point, because we suggested that the water be put down to 1/2 on days where it was a little rough, rather than empting the pool entirely and having to fill and get the water up. Starting 1/28, three cruises the pool was only open 2 1/2 days. We had 2 more cruises to go and were going to cancel the last 2 cruises. This was not acceptable. We were in port and the pool was closed. After complaining to the right person the pool got open.

Wondered if they closed it afterward. Haven't heard anything else.

Is the spa pool open? I've been reading a review that said it was down for maintenance. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

We were on 1/28-3/3. Spa pool closed for first 3 cruises except for 2 1/2 days. We spoke with an officer, as did others. First it closed for days, then painted, then we were told it was the filter, then we were told there was a leak in the pool. Then hubby and I went to front desk and spoke with Officer Andreay and he told us bunch of BS....can't fill the pool when the ship is moving in the front...what? didn't buy that....then he said well it costs too much to fill the water in the pool....after that we complained to someone who could fix problem. Each day they let me know pool was open.

We were on 1/28-3/3. Spa pool closed for first 3 cruises except for 2 1/2 days. We spoke with an officer, as did others. First it closed for days, then painted, then we were told it was the filter, then we were told there was a leak in the pool. Then hubby and I went to front desk and spoke with Officer Andreay and he told us bunch of BS....can't fill the pool when the ship is moving in the front...what? didn't buy that....then he said well it costs too much to fill the water in the pool....after that we complained to someone who could fix problem. Each day they let me know pool was open.
Thanks everyone for the input. I hope we have calm seas and the pool stays open. My DH has a bad back and canno t sit in the regular chairs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We were on this cruise from 1/28 until 3/3. I stayed in the Sanctuary the entire time. At no time whatsoever did the water go up to the sanctuary. The water was at the half way point, because we suggested that the water be put down to 1/2 on days where it was a little rough, rather than empting the pool entirely and having to fill and get the water up. Starting 1/28, three cruises the pool was only open 2 1/2 days. We had 2 more cruises to go and were going to cancel the last 2 cruises. This was not acceptable. We were in port and the pool was closed. After complaining to the right person the pool got open.

Wondered if they closed it afterward. Haven't heard anything else.

I hate to be called a liar! :o And have to politely disagree with you. I have a video of the water splashes hitting us up there!

Where were you sitting?! My seats were 100% up against the railing out in the sun and we watched it splash up. It was our last sea day. We got wet at one point which is why we stood up to see what was going on! Both us and another couple laughed at how high the water splashed up.

I hate to be called a liar! :o And have to politely disagree with you. I have a video of the water splashes hitting us up there!

Where were you sitting?! My seats were 100% up against the railing out in the sun and we watched it splash up. It was our last sea day. We got wet at one point which is why we stood up to see what was going on! Both us and another couple laughed at how high the water splashed up.

Didn't call you a liar, just at no time when I was up there did I see that, especially since after the third cruise they put the water to 1/2 way, some was coming out, but not much. Maybe you were there early in the morning before I got there. I was in the sun portion also not underneath. I very well could have missed it as I usually was there 10 am to 4 pm.

Love to see the video to show my hubby, he loves seeing rough seas.

Didn't call you a liar, just at no time when I was up there did I see that, especially since after the third cruise they put the water to 1/2 way, some was coming out, but not much. Maybe you were there early in the morning before I got there. I was in the sun portion also not underneath. I very well could have missed it as I usually was there 10 am to 4 pm.

Love to see the video to show my hubby, he loves seeing rough seas.

Sorry I took your comment the wrong way!