Decent Pizza / Sub Restaurant vic Times Square

pasodancer

You do not need to go to Little Italy for good pizza in NYC. There are pizza places on practically every block. And if it’s not a chain it’s good. There’s no such thing as bad NY pizza. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Little Italy is to find an Italian bakery.......really any European bakery will do.........miss having real baked goods........supermarket bakery just isn't the same!

For that, try the market at Grand Central Terminal, or Amy's Bread in Hell's Kitchen (9th Ave between 46th and 47th) or Chelsea Market if you're going to Chelsea, or just punch in bakery or fresh bread in Google Maps once you're on the ground. Fresh baked goods are not going to be a problem in Manhattan!

If you check Yelp (not always the best source, but...), there are several highly rated Italian bakeries near Times Square. Their number one (never been, no personal recommendation) is Levain Bakery near Columbus Circle, far from Little Italy.

Back to the OP:

How long are you in town and what else are you doing? We're throwing things at you, but they may make no sense depending on your other plans. For instance, if you're in town for 2-3 nights and planning to walk the Highline, then you'll be blocks from Chelsea Market, and I think we'd all recommend you check that out for your bakery fix. If you're going to SoHo, then the original John's (no longer affiliated with the location in Times Square; there was apparently a divorce) is on Bleecker Street. It's totally different from Times Square, but apparently a little more "New York".

Not prying, but if I have some idea of your "big picture", we're in Manhattan 3-4 times a year on average, and there are folks answering your post who live there...

You do not need to go to Little Italy for good pizza in NYC. There are pizza places on practically every block. And if it’s not a chain it’s good. There’s no such thing as bad NY pizza. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And... It's not expensive

enhance

We (DH, adult son who has a bottomless pit for a stomach and me). We will be in town from Thursday noon until Saturday (Anthem). We are staying at the Marriott Marquis. Only plan thus far is to take a sightseeing bus tour on Friday which we will probably book at the hotel. Will register for various late night talk shows when the windows open. Otherwise we are open to "whatever"............we are mobile (can easily walk). Husband is not a city person but I grew up in Philly so am very comfortable in large cities. So, bottom line is that we will be typical tourists!

OK. I'm not going to rush to fill your time unless you have questions. You don't have a lot of time, and the shows film in the middle of the afternoon, so you really only have Friday for that.

Do some research on the HOHOs. I personally would NOT do that on a Friday unless you just really enjoy being stuck in Manhattan traffic (which makes I-95 look like a freeway!). The evening loops, even though they don't stop, might be good for Thursday night, giving you Friday to explore, eat pizza, find a bakery, etc. You can walk to a lot of Manhattan from the Marquis, and see an awful lot of Midtown. But you won't have time to explore a museum, or linger long, if you want to see much.