What happens if one party in your booking doesn't show?

Optotronics

I was reading the "I'm devastated" thread and wondered what would happen if 2 people book a cabin and then at the last minute they decide they can't leave work or for whatever reason and although they bought insurance the reason is not covered and they know this and don't plan on filing a claim and they don't cancel. Can the other person on the booking board as normal and have their cruise?

Other question, would the person who didn't go, cancel or file a claim still get their captain circle cruise credit?

I was reading the "I'm devastated" thread and wondered what would happen if 2 people book a cabin and then at the last minute they decide they can't leave work or for whatever reason and although they bought insurance the reason is not covered and they know this and don't plan on filing a claim and they don't cancel. Can the other person on the booking board as normal and have their cruise?

Other question, would the person who didn't go, cancel or file a claim still get their captain circle cruise credit?

The person cruising would end up paying the same rate any single person would pay traveling alone in a stateroom, roughly double the individual rate. He/she would, of course get double the cruise credit. The person who canceled would not get the captain circle credit because they didn't cruise.

Tom

The person cruising would end up paying the same rate any single person would pay traveling alone in a stateroom, roughly double the individual rate. He/she would, of course get double the cruise credit. The person who canceled would not get the captain circle credit because they didn't cruise.

Tom

It's my understanding (and I've read a couple of reviews and posts where this happened), if there's no "cancel for any reason" insurance Princess keeps the $$ and doesn't charge the remaining passenger.

All Princess wants is the fare. They'd be double dipping if they made the remaining passenger pay again.

As a general piece of idle curiosity, how much of an average cruise price is made up of port charges?

It varies depending on ports...can be as little as $60-$70 for a week to $400-$500 for longer cruise. Some cruises have known high port charges...Ie: Panama Canal