How are the Swans doing 2018?

Buddy was named in the All Australian team night and was also named as captain of the team which evidently has caused much debate on social media. I think he is a fitting captain but Shannon Hurn from the Eagles also would have been a worthy choice.

Leigh

Buddy was named in the All Australian team night and was also named as captain of the team which evidently has caused much debate on social media. I think he is a fitting captain but Shannon Hurn from the Eagles also would have been a worthy choice.

Leigh

How could anyone not support Buddy ;) Must be jealous :D

I just checked, thinking the scores would start coming out for the playoffs. Imagine my surprise when i saw they don't play until next week. Dopey American :o

Go Swans

ML

Not so dopey, there were a few people here who asked me what time this weekend the games were on as well.

It's a very odd weekend without any AFL. Did any of the regulars on this thread get caught up with the final's ticket disaster? My husband is a Melbourne member but decided that he would like to sit with son and I in the MCC reserve. So I went online just after 11.45am (and as we were away I was sitting at a park bench and table using my iphone as a wifi hotspot) for a 12pm sale of MCC visitors' tickets and reserved seats. If course I was placed in the queue and evidently was caught up in the shemozzle with the competing club members' sale as I didn't even get to the sale page! I had sent a message to the MCC on Facebook to see what was happening and received a reply that all visitors' tickets and reserved seats were all sold. Fortunately I was able to buy two tickets the following day when the club members' sale was rescheduled as MFC members were able to buy 2 tickets per membership. I decided to sit with DH as I didn't want him to have to sit by himself. Son and son in law will line up to gain entry to the MCC reserve.

Hope it's all sorted for the next round of finals.I'm now on the Dees bandwagon. Go Dees!

Leigh

It's a very odd weekend without any AFL. Did any of the regulars on this thread get caught up with the final's ticket disaster?...I'm now on the Dees bandwagon. Go Dees!

Leigh

Hi Leigh

Sorry to read about your ticket issues--technology never works when you need it. I think it can sense our urgency and then digs in, sort of like a kid (or a dog)! Glad you got it sorted and can sit with DH. I do hope your son and SIL make it in.

All the best with that Dees pick, but the Swans will win it all :D

Go Swans

ML

I got caught up with the ticketing debacle. It just so happened I flew to Brisbane on Tuesday so when tickets went back on sale just went down to Ticketek outlet at Suncorp Staduim no queue no hassle. I was the first person the Ticketek lady had ever sold an AFL ticket to!

Lol, it was good luck for you then.

Gosh, I haven't been to an outlet since they went online. I wouldn't even know where they are near us, if any.

Leigh

Last time I went to an agency was 2015. It was the only way to collect members grand final tickets.

Even then it took some time to locate one.

Thanks Mic, should be a good game. Just don't like the time slot on a Sunday afternoon, it is close to 7.30 pm before we arrive home.

Leigh

at least yours is on the weekend and afternoons not as bad as night game my game is thursday night lucky i am not working fri also lucky i scored late notice a day off on thursday to go or i would not be going at all wish it was fri would be better if you ask me but powers that b made hawks game thursday

So which team are you going for on Friday night? :p

Not sure who this was directed at Mic, but I'll be barracking for the Dees on Friday night, Thursday not really fussed. Swannies on Saturday afternoon and don't really care who wins Saturday night.

Leigh

Thursday night literally has no winners. I don't like either team, but Hawthorn are far worse and more consistently obnoxious due to their success, so I'd hate it slightly less if Richmond won (which they did).

Friday night, my wife and in-laws (who are currently staying with us for about a week on their way home from a caravanning trip up on QLD) are all mad Geelong supporters, which means I want Melbourne to win. Also Melbourne haven't won anything of note for bloody ages, so I can't begrudge them a win. I think Melbourne will win.

Swans v GWS - obviously I want Swans to win as it's my team. As to who I think WILL win, that's trickier. Giants have some very very good players coming back in with Greene, Griffen, de Boer, Williams. The question is whether they've brought too many players back too quickly. It's a gamble which could pay off, or it might backfire if one or two of those players break down early in the game. We have a couple of ok players coming in too in Franklin and Parker.

West Coast v Collingwood, who cares.

Thursday night literally has no winners. I don't like either team, but Hawthorn are far worse and more consistently obnoxious due to their success, so I'd hate it slightly less if Richmond won (which they did).

Couldn't agree more losfp! Good luck for the Swans tomorrow. One of my friends who has been seriously ill has been a Swans' supporter all of her 70 plus years so for her, I hope they win. So too for ML who started this thread. Go Swannies!

We're off to the G tonight for the Dees v Cats game, quite looking forward to it. Go Dees!

Leigh

Melbourne had some serious stage fright after quarter time. I'd like them to win next week but I fear the Hawks will be too experienced for them. They will want to play like they did in that excellent first quarter, and less like the middle two quarters.