Seriously? Celebrity Asking Me To Rate/Recommend Website?

Luvcrusn

Interesting thread. We have cruised extensively, only once on Celebrity abut 10 years ago. Today I went to their web site to browse what is available for later this year. The web site is *REALLY* bad! Virtually unusable for quick browsing to see if there's anything of interest.

Sorry, Celebrity, but I gave up after less than 10 minutes and am now looking elsewhere.

Interesting thread. We have cruised extensively, only once on Celebrity abut 10 years ago. Today I went to their web site to browse what is available for later this year. The web site is *REALLY* bad! Virtually unusable for quick browsing to see if there's anything of interest.

Sorry, Celebrity, but I gave up after less than 10 minutes and am now looking elsewhere.

I felt the same way with the NCL site. Not so much that it was bad as I just wasn't comfortable with the feel of it. I did spend more that 10 minutes, though, and even tried a couple of times to see if my feeling would change.

Kind of sounds like you went in with preset expectations.

Ok, let’s talk about ‘clicks’.

I am on my iPad and I want to book a specialty restaurant for my upcoming cruise.

I open celebritycruises.com, then click ‘login’. My UID/pswd is prepopulated, so I click ‘login’. Since I know where I want to go, I click on “Manage your vacation”. It takes me to a page where I can “view my vacation” or “make a payment”, but instead, I click “Cruise Planner”. Then it shows me my cruise, and I have to click “Manage vacation” and I get an error. So again I click “Manage My Vacation”. Now it says I have no vacations planned!

Desperate, I click the “Book Experiences”, which takes me back to the Cruise Planner page, where I have to “manage reservation”, then Explore Cruise Planner. I end up at a page suggesting I book a new cruise!!

Again I click, “manage your vacation” and finally, after several repeated clicks on the ‘cruise planner’ links, I am taken to a page where I can enter my trip information. Again, this information have been saved (by me) and I click “find reservation”. Whew....I must be close!! Uh oh. I’m back to the page where I’m asked to book a new “luxury” vacation.

Even more desperate, I click the three lines next to Menu, Onboard Experiences, Eat & drink. Nope, not here. That shows me things I can do, just not for MY specific cruise.

So by now, I’m frustrated, cuz all I’ve done is go in circles....and I’m TRYING to give X money!

I eventually find how to book something, but by the time I do I could care less if I ever see X’s website again and am envisioning strangling some It guy!

Now imagine that I, myself, am a web developer with 30 years in the IT industry. I KNOW how a website should and should NOT be done. I have no clue who developed this website, but if *I* ran the IT division, I’d ask for my money back!

Ok, let’s talk about ‘clicks’.

I am on my iPad and I want to book a specialty restaurant for my upcoming cruise.

I open celebritycruises.com, then click ‘login’. My UID/pswd is prepopulated, so I click ‘login’. Since I know where I want to go, I click on “Manage your vacation”. It takes me to a page where I can “view my vacation” or “make a payment”, but instead, I click “Cruise Planner”. Then it shows me my cruise, and I have to click “Manage vacation” and I get an error. So again I click “Manage My Vacation”. Now it says I have no vacations planned!

Desperate, I click the “Book Experiences”, which takes me back to the Cruise Planner page, where I have to “manage reservation”, then Explore Cruise Planner. I end up at a page suggesting I book a new cruise!!

Again I click, “manage your vacation” and finally, after several repeated clicks on the ‘cruise planner’ links, I am taken to a page where I can enter my trip information. Again, this information have been saved (by me) and I click “find reservation”. Whew....I must be close!! Uh oh. I’m back to the page where I’m asked to book a new “luxury” vacation.

Even more desperate, I click the three lines next to Menu, Onboard Experiences, Eat & drink. Nope, not here. That shows me things I can do, just not for MY specific cruise.

So by now, I’m frustrated, cuz all I’ve done is go in circles....and I’m TRYING to give X money!

I eventually find how to book something, but by the time I do I could care less if I ever see X’s website again and am envisioning strangling some It guy!

Now imagine that I, myself, am a web developer with 30 years in the IT industry. I KNOW how a website should and should NOT be done. I have no clue who developed this website, but if *I* ran the IT division, I’d ask for my money back!

1. Login

2. Select My Reservations from the Welcome pulldown - at this point it sort of looks like you are in Cruise Planned but I'm skeptical.

3. Select Manage Reservation from the cruise description block - never from the header as that's just trouble.

4. You are now in the body of your reservation. Scroll down and select EXPLORE CRUISE PLANNER. You are now, I believe, in the working part of Cruise Planner.

I have found that I have to try different routes to get to what I want. That is, to me, the biggest flaw in the site and the biggest challenge to what I hope is a new IT structure. It's just not intuitive. Even when some route makes sense on the face of it - Manage Your Vacation from the header, for example - it may take you to some branch you don't want.

IMHO, the data is all there but navigation and presentation are often failures.

Alas, ‘twas not to be.....As I mentioned before, that path takes me to a page where I can Plan Your Luxury

Vacation. I CAN get there from Onboard Packages - Dining Packages, but that’s just not ‘intuitive’.

Now, it might behave differently from a laptop, but from my iPad, it does not.

Not sure if going from page to page causes the program to load it’s state, but it needs to be fixed.

Alas, ‘twas not to be.....As I mentioned before, that path takes me to a page where I can Plan Your Luxury

Vacation. I CAN get there from Onboard Packages - Dining Packages, but that’s just not ‘intuitive’.

Not sure if going from page to page causes the program to load it’s state, but it needs to be fixed.

Don't have an iPad, Android or any such. Just an iPhone that I barely use and a laptop. I wouldn't be shocked to find that the iPad site and the laptop site are different animals. After 39 years in IT website development is among the very few things I haven't dabbled in. I'd be curious to find if the steps I listed work for you from a laptop - they work consistently for me. But we don't cruise again until 09/06/19 so there's plenty of time for things to go haywire. :)

Are you selecting MANAGE YOUR VACATION from the top of the page? That has always been a way to the rabbit hole for me and I avoid it like the plague.

1. Login

2 Select My Reservations from the Welcome <yourname> dropdown in the upper right

3. Scroll down and if you see EXPLORE CRUISE PLANNER select that

That's where the actual Cruise Planner will work for me. I didn't see any Plan Your Luxury Vacation along the way.

No not using the link at the top....going down the rabbit hole from Manage Vacation.....

CRUISE PLANNER

To add shore excursions and packages such as dining, beverage & internet to your reservation please click "Manage Reservation" from an itinerary below then click on the "Cruise Planner" button.

Interesting tho, if I click the bar at the very top (the one that shows my IP address) I get this....yay!

https://www.celebritycruises.com/?error=Error%20locking%20the%20Cruise%20Reservation.

No not using the link at the top....going down the rabbit hole from Manage Vacation.....

CRUISE PLANNER

To add shore excursions and packages such as dining, beverage & internet to your reservation please click "Manage Reservation" from an itinerary below then click on the "Cruise Planner" button.

Interesting tho, if I click the bar at the very top (the one that shows my IP address) I get this....yay!

https://www.celebritycruises.com/?error=Error%20locking%20the%20Cruise%20Reservation.

At this point I have to believe it's an iPad vs laptop issue. Sorry.

Tend to agree.....but I certainly can’t believe that a company as big as RCCL can’t get a silly website to work.

One of the first things web developers do is to query the device and operating system from which the request came. It’s a few lines of code and the page is then customized for that ‘user’. It’s not rocket science....it’s been done for 20 years or so.

I’ve argued that the company almost intentionally encourages people to book external shore excursions and other forms of revenue due to their laxidasical attitude toward their website. If they want to attract Millennials (or any other demographic other than this old fart), a functioning website is imperative. They can do all sorts of things to impress people once onboard.....but you have to GET them onboard.....via a functioning website!!

Penny wise and pound foolish if you ask me (but no one did.....:o)

</rant>

Oh....thank you cltnccruisers for the help. I knew the answer before posting here, but you really tried to help and for that I am grateful.

One of the main reasons I post here.....the most helpful people around!

I received this request to rate the site as well. I can't recall what I was doing / where I was when the dialogue popped up.

Question: when managing a reservation - is there somewhere where it indicates your travel agent if your reservation is linked to one. I can't seem to 'find' that anymore!??

I don't ever recall seeing my TA indicated on the old or the new site. Also, thankfully my log in hasn't been synced with my Royal Log In yet. Based on my experiences for the past year that can lead to nothing but problems. I shudder at the thought!

I don't ever recall seeing my TA indicated on the old or the new site. Also, thankfully my log in hasn't been synced with my Royal Log In yet. Based on my experiences for the past year that can lead to nothing but problems. I shudder at the thought!
Thank you.

Personally, I don't have to worry about a Celebrity-Royal login conflict - - I don't have a Royal login [emoji12] or I'd shudder at the thought as well!

Thank you.

Personally, I don't have to worry about a Celebrity-Royal login conflict - - I don't have a Royal login [emoji12] or I'd shudder at the thought as well!

That seems to be very fortunate. I'm often impatient with changes to technology and like to be among the first to experience the newest, latest thing, but in the case of Celebrity and technology, I've learned that with change comes massive problems that take far too long to be corrected (if ever)!

All I want to do is print my Xpress pass for a cruise I’m booked on, sailing in three weeks. FORGET IT!!! Not happening on the website. I am now BLOCKED, seemingly for the foreseeable future...

I am now on Day #3. Still no access. If I call (which I have HAD to do on numerous occasions), I’m afraid I will have a MAJOR meltdown with whoever has the misfortune to answer my call. It’s five o’clock- somewhere - and I have reached for the Scotch bottle.

All I want to do is print my Xpress pass for a cruise I’m booked on, sailing in three weeks. FORGET IT!!! Not happening on the website. I am now BLOCKED, seemingly for the foreseeable future...

I am now on Day #3. Still no access. If I call (which I have HAD to do on numerous occasions), I’m afraid I will have a MAJOR meltdown with whoever has the misfortune to answer my call. It’s five o’clock- somewhere - and I have reached for the Scotch bottle.

I'm not a fan of website helpdesks as they tend to be staffed by people who are unable or unwilling to think for themselves and do nothing more than follow a script. HOWEVER, on these boards I've seen multiple numbers cited. In the footer of the homepage if you select CUSTOMER SUPPORT --> Contact Us and scroll down a bit under Already Booked you should see

• Celebrity Website Assistance 1-800-722-5941

Not to say it'll fix anything but it's a different number than the pop-up messages I've seen.

Good luck.

If I was asked by Celebrity to rate their web site....I'd give them a 10 which would probably result in a personal phone call from Lisa and an invitation to do a testimonial video on board one of their ships.....that is, if the person assigned to actually look at the ratings (addmittedly it's a stretch to think there actually is such a person) doesn't have a seizure due to the shock of seeing his first 10.

Now that you've taken the pause for refreshment I have a couple of suggestions that may (or may not) work. First, cap the bottle so it doesn't spill on your keyboard in case of failure. Then open your browser and delete cookies and cache. Then open and InPrivate window on Edge if you have it, or other browser and go to the Celebrity website. Once you've reached the Celebrity home page, don't log in with user name and password. Instead click check in up in the upper right. Enter your reservation number, name, ship and sail date. Hopefully you'll find what you need there. Good luck. If it doesn't work, take a breath...or twelve and call.

Thanks for that 800-number, cltnccruisers. I actually called it, optimist that I am... This cruise line is hilarious. I say this as an elite+ CC member, having sailed with X for over 19 years.

I was transferred twice, on hold both times for over 20 minutes. I’m presently holding for a Captain’s Club rep (12 mins. and counting)..

All I want is access to my account in order to print my Xpress Pass.

Thanks for that 800-number, cltnccruisers. I actually called it, optimist that I am... This cruise line is hilarious. I say this as an elite+ CC member, having sailed with X for over 19 years.

I was transferred twice, on hold both times for over 20 minutes. I’m presently holding for a Captain’s Club rep (12 mins. and counting)..

All I want is access to my account in order to print my Xpress Pass.

Ridiculous - one of many reasons I avoid helpdesks.

Luvcrsn's idea certainly has merit. I often have found on the X site that if one route to a destination doesn't work try another and it may.

Now that you've taken the pause for refreshment I have a couple of suggestions that may (or may not) work. First, cap the bottle so it doesn't spill on your keyboard in case of failure. Then open your browser and delete cookies and cache. Then open and InPrivate window on Edge if you have it, or other browser and go to the Celebrity website. Once you've reached the Celebrity home page, don't log in with user name and password. Instead click check in up in the upper right. Enter your reservation number, name, ship and sail date. Hopefully you'll find what you need there. Good luck. If it doesn't work, take a breath...or twelve and call.

This was too funny. But, guess what? (Gawd, I hate this saying—why on earth did I use it). Your advice, and necessary steps that were taken, has worked! God love ya.

And now that I have my much-anticipated Xpress Pass in my grubby hands, the cap on the bottle is off again.

Much Good Luck to everyone who suffers from The Hated Celebrity Website. I truly hope that I get the chance some day to respond to any X website survey with regard to their IT “consultants”.:evilsmile:

This was too funny. But, guess what? (Gawd, I hate this saying—why on earth did I use it). Your advice, and necessary steps that were taken, has worked! God love ya.

And now that I have my much-anticipated Xpress Pass in my grubby hands, the cap on the bottle is off again.

Much Good Luck to everyone who suffers from The Hated Celebrity Website. I truly hope that I get the chance some day to respond to any X website survey with regard to their IT “consultants”.:evilsmile:

So glad it worked! Thanks for the blessings. Hopefully you have a nice beverage package and once onboard you can drink to the website!

Hopefully you'll find what you need there. Good luck. If it doesn't work, take a breath...or twelve and call.

I was going to correct you and say "if it doesn't work, take a breath, and uncap the scotch bottle again"..... But I saw a few posts later, that it worked! Congrats!

If I was asked by Celebrity to rate their web site....I'd give them a 10 which would probably result in a personal phone call from Lisa and an invitation to do a testimonial video on board one of their ships.....that is, if the person assigned to actually look at the ratings (addmittedly it's a stretch to think there actually is such a person) doesn't have a seizure due to the shock of seeing his first 10.

Ha ha, love it :D.