M-1 Mini-Suite Category

Arwen

Hi All!

We are excited as we have already booked our mini-suite stateroom for a South America cruise leaving on Feb 2, 2019 (49 days) on the Royal

Our TA told us that we are in the "highest category of mini-suites", an M-1. We see that we have a bit more real estate than some of the other mini's...but are there any other perks?

We have been on the Royal before and booked our first Mini when we did a Carib cruise this past November. We LOVED it.

I ask, because I still did not get it clear if other than the slightly extra real estate if we can look forward to anything else? (besides a fantastic trip that we have looked forward to for a long time)

We also made sure our TA marked us for No Upgrade as we do not want to lose our prime location. We told our TA that we would consider an upsell, maybe. Anyone know what an upsell might be? Same category, different location or better than that?

Thanks!

If you have a M1 midship CC mini, the next upgrade is to a suite of some sort. If your CC mini is forward, you might get a move to midship but probably not.

If you are not platinum and above, CC gives you preferred embarkation which you will notice when you print out your boarding passes. I have found this to be a tad helpful but not so much. The best part about CC is the dining experience. We just got off the Royal and had the most wonderful experience on her with CC dining. All my cruises in the future will be CC.

Enjoy your cruise.

Pooh

An upsell is usually to a better type of cabin--mini to full suite, for example. I don't recall seeing them moving from one location to another, but mini to CC mini might be another possibility.

The lower your cabin type, the more likely an upsell offer can be simply based on the numbers. If I book an inside cabin, there are hundreds of cabins that might be offered as an upsell. If I book a mini, there are relatively fewer cabins that would qualify as an upsell. But, if there are full suites that go unsold, an upsell offer from a mini is certainly a possibility.

Hi All!

We are excited as we have already booked our mini-suite stateroom for a South America cruise leaving on Feb 2, 2019 (49 days) on the Royal

Our TA told us that we are in the "highest category of mini-suites", an M-1. We see that we have a bit more real estate than some of the other mini's...but are there any other perks?

Thanks!

Club Class Dining is the best benefit. Also a couple of splits of wine and some other things. Search Princess Club Class for the benefits.

An upsell is usually to a better type of cabin--mini to full suite' date=' for example. I don't recall seeing them moving from one location to another, but mini to CC mini might be another possibility.

The lower your cabin type, the more likely an upsell offer can be simply based on the numbers. If I book an inside cabin, there are hundreds of cabins that might be offered as an upsell. If I book a mini, there are relatively fewer cabins that would qualify as an upsell. But, if there are full suites that go unsold, an upsell offer from a mini is certainly a possibility.[/quote']

Thank you for the info...I figured I likely have more chance of winning the state lottery than a really reasonable and swell deal on a real full sized suite ;-)

I guess I was wondering if we would be offered an upsell to Club Class. Does not seem like our stateroom would need to change though for that though.

And I have read mixed reviews about paying the extra for Club Class.

If you have a M1 midship CC mini, the next upgrade is to a suite of some sort. If your CC mini is forward, you might get a move to midship but probably not.

If you are not platinum and above, CC gives you preferred embarkation which you will notice when you print out your boarding passes. I have found this to be a tad helpful but not so much. The best part about CC is the dining experience. We just got off the Royal and had the most wonderful experience on her with CC dining. All my cruises in the future will be CC.

Enjoy your cruise.

Pooh

Thank you! Our stateroom is midship on the Baja deck. Preferable location for us for sure. It would take a really sweet deal for us to want to give it up...

An upsell is usually to a better type of cabin--mini to full suite' date=' for example. I don't recall seeing them moving from one location to another, but mini to CC mini might be another possibility.

The lower your cabin type, the more likely an upsell offer can be simply based on the numbers. If I book an inside cabin, there are hundreds of cabins that might be offered as an upsell. If I book a mini, there are relatively fewer cabins that would qualify as an upsell. But, if there are full suites that go unsold, an upsell offer from a mini is certainly possibility.[/quote']

Yes, I believe because we are already in a high category and prime location that it will be unlikely we will be offered a sweet deal. However, for the right price, I would go for the CC part.

This cruise is super popular and it has basically sold out...11 months ahead! We called our TA (who is absolutely fabulous) and she found three M-1 Category mini's available. We grabbed the one of the three she suggested.

Very little to chose from now. The best part is that the Royal departs from Fort Lauderdale and returns to L.A. We are here in Seattle and no international flight is a huge plus!

If I understand this right, you are already in Club Class. An M1 mini IS Club Class.

Jim

Jim, THANK YOU so much! I have a great TA for sure, and she kept telling me we were in the top mini-suite category but never mentioned Club Class.

I take your word for it and will make sure that we take advantage of all it has to offer!!!! The Princess cruise website was not too clear (IMHO) on which Mini's are CC.

We took a cruise on the Royal in Nov 2017 and had a nice mini-suite (Aloha 208), but no one ever said that we were CC and completely unaware if we were or were not.

Do you know if the CC is marked on the documents or our key card (when we get them) or are we just supposed to "know"?

If I understand this right, you are already in Club Class. An M1 mini IS Club Class.

Jim

Yep.

An Mx stateroom is non-Club Class; an M# stateroom is Club Class.

For example, an "MB" is not Club Class, but I've seen an "M2" Club Class.

DW loves Club Class dining: Top-notch waitstaff, Anytime Dining without

the dreaded beeper, tables for 2 close enough to chat but far enough

away to ignore without being insulting, ...

Worth the delta? That's a "Should I order chocolate or pistachio ice cream?"

question.