Air Canada

shipgeeks

I will be on my cruise 24 hours before my flight so can't check in on line , but happy to know there will be people to help me. I was told to just go to Air Canada desk but maybe kiosk ok as well? I will be going from Vancouver to Calif.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I typically check in the night before. (It's one of the saddest things I do aboard ship. :loudcry:) If you don't have a computing device or need a printer, use the internet cafe/business office. You may have to buy some time, depends on the line and your status.

I typically check in the night before. (It's one of the saddest things I do aboard ship. :loudcry:) If you don't have a computing device or need a printer, use the internet cafe/business office. You may have to buy some time, depends on the line and your status.

Thanks. My TA told me they won't print out boarding pass because I'm American going back to states but I can check in.I'll ask when I get on board. She told me to check to be sure my flight hasn't been cancelled. Lord, that would be a nightmare!

What you probably don't have is an actual e-ticket number, which is a 13 digit number - with the first three corresponding with the ticketing airline.

Your locator is a six character alpha-numeric code, and it is simply a pointer to your reservation and underlying ticket (when issued).

Locators are convenient. They are, however, not a replacement for the actual ticket number - which is often needed when dealing with overseas carriers (especially in Asia and Africa).

Your locator number is your booking number.

If you go over here: https://www.aircanada.com

Click on the Booking tab and enter your locator and last name it will pull up your reservation with all the details you would ever need.

I would not be overly worried about a cancelled flight. It could always happen, however it is unlikely. When that does happen it usually due to weather or a problem with the aircraft. It is summer, so no snow storms. Your also departing from one of their major hubs. That makes it easier for the airline to substitute a different aircraft if they have to.

If a flight is cancelled the airline is responsibility for finding and paying to put you on another flight.

If a flight is cancelled the airline is responsibility for finding and paying to put you on another flight.

Within the conditions of the contract of carriage.

It doesn't mean they will buy a ticket for you on another airline, especially if it is a carrier with no interline agreements. Or few.

Blanket assertions can give folks a false sense of security.

If you go over here: https://www.aircanada.com

Click on the Booking tab and enter your locator and last name it will pull up your reservation with all the details you would ever need.

I would not be overly worried about a cancelled flight. It could always happen, however it is unlikely. When that does happen it usually due to weather or a problem with the aircraft. It is summer, so no snow storms. Your also departing from one of their major hubs. That makes it easier for the airline to substitute a different aircraft if they have to.

Thank you. I did as you suggested and my whole name showed up with date and flight. In pink there was a note that because it was booked thru travel agent ( or HAL) I couldn't do something so I'll just let it lie until I get there. I might have been able to pick a seat but not sure if I should muck things up. LOL really appreciate your help.