Embarkation Process in Seattle for Alaskan Cruise

dmg1956

My wife and I are on the Eurodam in late July this year for our first Alaskan cruise and I have a kind of basic question. We will be Neptune Suite passengers for the first time.

If anyone has been a Neptune Suite passenger can you please give me the basics of the embarkation procedure after arriving at Pier 91?

I'm writing here my current understanding of the procedure so please feel free to correct me, give tips, etc.

• Drop luggage with the Porter (luggage tags attached)
  • Proceed to priority check in (we will have done all check in stuff on line) and go through that procedure signing medical disclosure, etc.
  • Find Priority Boarding line (or priority lounge if we are to early) and get on board
  • We plan on going directly to the MDR for lunch not wanting to brave the crowds in the Lido although we could do the Lido since we will be among the first to board thereby beating the crowds

That's it. Any help, suggestions, tips will be most appreciated and thank you all

My wife and I are on the Eurodam in late July this year for our first Alaskan cruise and I have a kind of basic question. We will be Neptune Suite passengers for the first time.

If anyone has been a Neptune Suite passenger can you please give me the basics of the embarkation procedure after arriving at Pier 91?

I'm writing here my current understanding of the procedure so please feel free to correct me, give tips, etc.

• Proceed to priority check in (we will have done all check in stuff on line) and go through that procedure signing medical disclosure, etc.
  • Find Priority Boarding line (or priority lounge if we are to early) and get on board
  • We plan on going directly to the MDR for lunch not wanting to brave the crowds in the Lido although we could do the Lido since we will be among the first to board thereby beating the crowds

That's it. Any help, suggestions, tips will be most appreciated and thank you all

Boarding for Suites passengers usually starts at 11:30 AM.

Suggest dropping your carry-on luggage in your stateroom before going to the MDR.

Agree, you understand the check-in process well and I would also strongly suggest that you take time to visit the Neptune Lounge and introduce yourself to the Concierge after your lunch. She/he can answer your questions and can make any reservations for shore excursions or dining reservations you want. The person should also ask you if you want late afternoon hot/cold/or both hors d'oerves and at the time you wish them delivered.

We arrived in a taxi , a porter took our luggage and we went inside, piority check in line , security and done.

Though we always arrived fairly earlyfor our cruises, and were among the first on board, we chose Lido for lunch. we liked the energy and excitement many cruisers have on embvarkation day. most are happy and not ' difficult'. I didn't love the MDR menu much and DH liked the bolognese sauce in Lido. I preferred Ldio wi th DH.

Edited by sail7seas

I don't know how you are arriving at Pier 91 in Seattle (the pier that HAL and Princess plus a few other lines use), but if you're arriving by private car or taxi, the porters come out to you with their carts, and you can leave your bags with them and proceed to walk into the terminal. When you enter the terminal, there will be agents representing HAL at the bottom of the escalators to make sure that you have all your documents (passports, boarding pass, whatever) and that you're heading to the correct ship (frequently there are two ships embarking passengers simultaneously). As of last summer's Alaska season, the health questionnaire is filled out here. Then you proceed up the escalators to go through security, which is an "equal opportunity" process, no special lines for suites. So get there early, by 11 am, to expedite your process. Then, when you've completed security, you get to go to the Suites and 4* 5* Mariner priority check-in. They will announce boarding around 11:30am for those in the priority line, and also those needing wheelchair assistance. We also prefer the Main Dining Room over the Lido for our lunch. The concierges in the Neptune Lounge will be stationed there to assist you with any questions or concerns, and there will also be non-alcoholic beverages, sparkling wine, and cold lunch items served there for your delectation.

You can also bring your luggage inside Pier 91- they open up the doors to the customs/disembarkation area on the first floor after Customs has finished . There will be signs and people for each ship accepting luggage. We prefer to bring our luggage inside as Porters outside are collecting bags for both ships and too easy to get mixed up in the event a tag comes off, We also put another full sheet tag in each bag we are checking just in case.

There is now a cartr in Neptune Lounge with various wines and alcohols to have an adult bevefage. You will be charged according to what you mark down you helped yourself to. Concierge is there to help if you have any qauestions as was mentioned above..

The last time we went to Pier 91 on HAL we were dropped off by taxi and walked with our luggage inside to where the luggage pick up is, dropped them off, and then walked back to the front door to go up to check in.

It may vary as to whether you drop your own luggage off or hand it off to porters.

I don't know how you are arriving at Pier 91 in Seattle (the pier that HAL and Princess plus a few other lines use), but if you're arriving by private car or taxi, the porters come out to you with their carts, and you can leave your bags with them and proceed to walk into the terminal. When you enter the terminal, there will be agents representing HAL at the bottom of the escalators to make sure that you have all your documents (passports, boarding pass, whatever) and that you're heading to the correct ship (frequently there are two ships embarking passengers simultaneously). As of last summer's Alaska season, the health questionnaire is filled out here. Then you proceed up the escalators to go through security, which is an "equal opportunity" process, no special lines for suites. So get there early, by 11 am, to expedite your process. Then, when you've completed security, you get to go to the Suites and 4* 5* Mariner priority check-in. They will announce boarding around 11:30am for those in the priority line, and also those needing wheelchair assistance. We also prefer the Main Dining Room over the Lido for our lunch. The concierges in the Neptune Lounge will be stationed there to assist you with any questions or concerns, and there will also be non-alcoholic beverages, sparkling wine, and cold lunch items served there for your delectation.

Thanks Old as Dirt Mom. As usual you have provided an exceptional answer to my question. I appreciate it very much. Thanks also to those others who have responded. Yes, two stops after the MDR lunch: the Neptune Lounge in order to give our list of requests to the concierge; then the Spa to secure a day pass unless the concierge can do that as well.

Again, thanks a bunch.