Questions - 3 year old and 22 month on the Oasis

So we are planning a cruise on the Oasis in August, with our two daughters 3 years old and 22 months. Has anyone had any experience with the Baby and Tots program?

Is the cost include? Also, Anyone use the Babysitting?

Thanks

The Royal Babies and Tots nursery is excellent. It is not included in your cruise fare, the charge is in the neighborhood of $8 per hour and to guarantee access you'll need to book your hours in advance to ensure proper staffing to maintain strict ratio of staff to children. I can't speak to the in-stateroom babysitting as we've never used that option.

If your three year old is fully potty trained they'll be able to attend the Adventure Ocean kids program which is included in your cruise fare.

The Royal Babies and Tots nursery is excellent. It is not included in your cruise fare, the charge is in the neighborhood of $8 per hour and to guarantee access you'll need to book your hours in advance to ensure proper staffing to maintain strict ratio of staff to children. I can't speak to the in-stateroom babysitting as we've never used that option.

If your three year old is fully potty trained they'll be able to attend the Adventure Ocean kids program which is included in your cruise fare.

Thanks Our 3 year old is potty trained. So hope she will enjoy some time in the kids program. Our 22 month will spend sometime in the nursery. First cruise with kids after 5 without... Should be an interesting experience

Thanks Our 3 year old is potty trained. So hope she will enjoy some time in the kids program. Our 22 month will spend sometime in the nursery. First cruise with kids after 5 without... Should be an interesting experience

It will be different.

Are you familiar with the Chinese proverb/curse? "May you live in interesting times." :D :D :D

This will be a "family" cruise...totally different than a couple"s cruise!!! No worries...you're a family, and this is your life for the next 20 years! (Yes..at least 20...maybe more!) Get used to it!

Go to the nursery when you board and book the times allowed....you can only book so much time at the beginning, but if there is space available later, you can get some of that.

It will be different.

Are you familiar with the Chinese proverb/curse? "May you live in interesting times." :D :D :D

Thanks. Very familiar with that quote. And it is very true. Never a dull momsnt with my two girls and I would not change a thing....

This will be a "family" cruise...totally different than a couple"s cruise!!! No worries...you're a family, and this is your life for the next 20 years! (Yes..at least 20...maybe more!) Get used to it!

Go to the nursery when you board and book the times allowed....you can only book so much time at the beginning, but if there is space available later, you can get some of that.

Thanks

I hope to be cruising with my girls for many years

We will definitely book some adult tint with the nursery...

Go to the nursery on day 1. You can only book like 12 or so hours. Then if more space is available you can book more. You can’t prebook before the cruise. It was $6 per hour in the day and $8 at night as I recall. Staff is really great.

Babysitting is staff dependent. They had none on our cruises on oasis. If they do it is more expensive. Approx $25 an hour.

It is very different with lil ones. But watching my daughter on the boardwalk and the carousel (over and over) made up for the harder aspects.

Let’s face it. No trip is easy with toddlers. However, I found cruising to be an easy vacation with toddlers (relative to other types of trips with toddlers). The staff really help so much. Most miss their kids and love to help you out whenever possible. It is truly heart warming.

We miss the days of cruising with a toddler (Grandson) and love seeing the young families and the little ones on a cruise. The crew is amazing and cater to the toddlers. You'll see a few people trying to discourage you but they are truly in the micro-minority. We had an umstroller when he was little and he traveled easily on the ship and in ports. He fell so easily into the nightly routine of a "treat" of a carton of chocolate milk and cookie before getting ready for bed that he would keep asking when it was going to be "treat time." He knew he also got special treats because it was his vacation too. He fell asleep in his umstroller or on a lounger in the shade with the ocean breeze and motion of the ship lulling him after he would get exhausted playing in the water. It was a terrific experience and is why we kept choosing to go on a family cruise every year. Take the Grandmother along. You'll be surprised how quickly she will offer to babysit while you have some adult time. ;p

Thanks everyone for the advice... we booked last night... We are going on the Oasis on Aug 26th of this year. I will update the posts after the cruise and let everyone know how it went...

The only thing I am not looking forward to is the drive. We are going to drive from NJ to the port. Flights are looking to be almost 2000 for us including luggage and shuttles

• 4 months later...
Thanks. Very familiar with that quote. And it is very true. Never a dull momsnt with my two girls and I would not change a thing....

Agree. First time took my kids were 2, 5 and 9. Took Grand Parents with us then. But second cruise 2yrs ltr all by myself Single Father with 3. Loved it! Little one got sick so lot of time would drop older kids at program and Wee One hung with Dad. Even after she got better we'd sit in upper Balcony for Main Show, then go to Karaoke. She loved the music, or attempts. She turned 20 today, going out to Dinner with her Father...