Royal caribbean online check in

Same here, mine says incomplete too, but does not indicate what element is missing.

Right - even if I choose consecutive cruiser (which is the only way to get past the screen), I still can't get the green check to print the SeaPass. Maybe it's a time thing; but, the site should say what is missing, if anything.

Right - even if I choose consecutive cruiser (which is the only way to get past the screen), I still can't get the green check to print the SeaPass. Maybe it's a time thing; but, the site should say what is missing, if anything.

I think they will get this one fixed fairly quick, as they must be getting flooded with calls about it.

If you skip online check-in, how do you get luggage tags?

I think you will get luggage tags without doing online check-in. Luggage tags are created at the same time the cruise line creates the electronic cruise documents.

Did you upload pictures of yourself? Mine wouldn't change to completed until I uploaded a picture of myself and of my fiance. It didn't tell me why, but I just figured it out on my own. This is in response to those that can't get the green check mark.

Did you upload pictures of yourself? Mine wouldn't change to completed until I uploaded a picture of myself and of my fiance. It didn't tell me why, but I just figured it out on my own. This is in response to those that can't get the green check mark.

I did upload a photo, but mine still says it's incomplete.

I did upload a photo, but mine still says it's incomplete.

Their website sure is being "WONKY"! I hope they get it fixed soon! I had to call them a while back to book excursions because the website wouldn't let me...and then that finally started working. I have had other things not work properly too, as many others have experienced the same. :(

Yes, I uploaded the photos but it still will not show the green completed check mark.

I called today and was told that IT was aware and should have it fixed within a week. But they’ve known about the issue for at least a month. Typical RCI response, all over the place and different every time. You’d think it would be easier to just fix it, rather than field all the phone calls. I’ll just keep checking every few days.

I called today and was told that IT was aware and should have it fixed within a week. But they’ve known about the issue for at least a month. Typical RCI response, all over the place and different every time. You’d think it would be easier to just fix it, rather than field all the phone calls. I’ll just keep checking every few days.

It is amazing that everyone who calls is told something different. I was told it would take two weeks (that was three weeks ago).

It is amazing that everyone who calls is told something different. I was told it would take two weeks (that was three weeks ago).

I know. I was originally told three weeks ago that it would take a week. Now it’s still a week. Three weeks from now it will most likely be a week. :')

Biker19 is right. Anytime I’ve had to contact them I get different answers. I’ve literally hung up, called right back to get a different rep and had them solve an issue the previous one could not, or do something another rep had said they couldn’t. I love cruising with RCI, but their website and customer service leave a lot to be desired.

Having spent most of my adult life in IT, the users (employees) very rarely know what is going on with the system. Their management is given an answer which may or may not be vague and it gets filtered down. It may be vague because it can be complicated.

Upgrade to applications are not an easy thing for a major system. You have to have signoffs from multiple IT and user departments depending on the size and impact of the upgrade. You need to test it to make sure it works, does not create any more bugs, and does not affect anything else that isn't affected now. That usually means testing every function of the system for users, customers, and anyone else who uses the system. You also have to prepare a backout plan in case there is a problem with timelines. Depending on when the upgrade fails, there could be several backout plans.

Systems upgrades, unless it is an emergency which means the entire system is down, are typically performed on a scheduled maintenance date. It could be monthly or quarterly or even some other regular schedule..

In most shops, all upgrades must be tested, approved, and ready to go within a certain period prior to the upgrade. Depending on what is being upgraded, it can take hours to backup the system;s databases, install, bring the system backup, restore from the backup databases, verify functioning, and allow user access.

The 'down for maintenance' you see perhaps nightly or weekly are probably the daily and weekly data backups being done to the system. You can't access the information you are backing up.

Having spent most of my adult life in IT, the users (employees) very rarely know what is going on with the system. Their management is given an answer which may or may not be vague and it gets filtered down. It may be vague because it can be complicated.

Upgrade to applications are not an easy thing for a major system. You have to have signoffs from multiple IT and user departments depending on the size and impact of the upgrade. You need to test it to make sure it works, does not create any more bugs, and does not affect anything else that isn't affected now. That usually means testing every function of the system for users, customers, and anyone else who uses the system. You also have to prepare a backout plan in case there is a problem with timelines. Depending on when the upgrade fails, there could be several backout plans.

Systems upgrades, unless it is an emergency which means the entire system is down, are typically performed on a scheduled maintenance date. It could be monthly or quarterly or even some other regular schedule..

In most shops, all upgrades must be tested, approved, and ready to go within a certain period prior to the upgrade. Depending on what is being upgraded, it can take hours to backup the system;s databases, install, bring the system backup, restore from the backup databases, verify functioning, and allow user access.

The 'down for maintenance' you see perhaps nightly or weekly are probably the daily and weekly data backups being done to the system. You can't access the information you are backing up.

I appreciate your perspective, but when a company of this size and caliber is notorious and constantly mocked for how glitchy, unresponsive and unintuitive their website is, there’s a problem. I don’t know of any other company where an issue like this would be allowed to remain for a month, especially considering it’s affecting multiple sailings. Nor do I know of a website for a major corporation that experiences issues and/or goes down as often.

Even still, it would be one thing if management was all told the same thing and therefore the info you got from the CSRs is at least a bit consistent, but answers are all over the map. If you can call 5 times in a row and receive 5 completely different answers (which you can, believe me) that’s unacceptable. It means that you can’t rely on any information you receive from RCI.

I just completed my on line check in for our 7/13/18 Alaska cruise. All complete and it did not ask me for arrival time. My set sail pass just says check in 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.

You got me excited, but alas, mine still does not work.

You got me excited, but alas, mine still does not work.

Maybe it is because Radiance is a smaller ship. I also used Firefox for the browser (not sure if that has anything at all to do with stuff or not)! :halo:

I was finally able to complete my online check-in for my July 6 Adventure of the Seas cruise. Here is what I had to do.

Go to RCCL.COM, then click on ALREADY BOOKED and then click on ONLINE CHECK-IN. When you get to the area that asks how you will arrive at the pier, select CONSECUTIVE CRUISER. This is the only option that does not ask you to enter an expected arrival time (which is still not working). You can then continue through the rest on the check-in process and print your Set Sail pass.

Once they have the site working I will go back in to my reservation and fix the pier arrival information and reprint my Set Sail passes.

I was finally able to complete my online check-in for my July 6 Adventure of the Seas cruise. Here is what I had to do.

Go to RCCL.COM, then click on ALREADY BOOKED and then click on ONLINE CHECK-IN. When you get to the area that asks how you will arrive at the pier, select CONSECUTIVE CRUISER. This is the only option that does not ask you to enter an expected arrival time (which is still not working). You can then continue through the rest on the check-in process and print your Set Sail pass.

Once they have the site working I will go back in to my reservation and fix the pier arrival information and reprint my Set Sail passes.

Thanks for the heads up, they must have fixed that part since yesterday! I can print out our SetSail passes now too.:)