Boarding time?

MoeMoe55

We are at the terminal now for the Eurodam and they have stated boarding at 1:00 so they may be holding to their letter.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested to see how it goes... we are first time on HAL from Seattle on 5/8. Got email today saying our deck boards at 2pm. That's a long time to hang around Seattle after checking out of the hotel. Would prefer to get to the pier around 10:30-11 as we do on other lines, but hate to have to wait around for 3 hours or more. Hope others on subsequent sailings will post their experience.

Wonder if they are testing out staggered boarding like Carnival is doing now? Carnival started out just a port or two at a time. Unless it's changed (haven't been following Carnival since I have no cruise planned w/ them), if you get there before your time, you have to wait outside the terminal.

I can only go from my own experience with a 4 pm scheduled departure from Seattle. Last May on Eurodam to Alaska from Seattle, they pulled the same stunt on us with the later staggered boarding times, 1pm and later, even though we were travelling as 4 star Neptune suite passengers. We showed up at 11am, anyway. Boarding began at 11:30. As soon as they announced embarkation for Neptune/Pinnacle suites and 4 and 5 star Mariners , they continued with the rest of the passengers, and I stress they continued immediately. As passengers checked in, they were given a number based upon when they showed up, and it was first come, first served, regardless of cabin category.

All food venues on board were open at 11:30, the Main Dining Room opened at noon. The spa opened at noon. Pools and hot tubs were open at 11:30. Cabins were ready for occupation at 11:30. The muster drill took place at 3:15. I am not leaving on a cruise from Seattle this year until later in the season, but if I get the same notice about the staggered boarding times, I can tell you I will ignore it.

KroozNut..... I’m wondering about your mention of “pre register” before your cruises. We are boarding in Vancouver a week from Sunday (first cruise hence the probably dumb question), should I be filling out a pre registration something? We are in a Neptune suite if that matters. I’m all in for anything to speed up the process and start the fun!!

Catl331 is correct. By 'pre-registration', I mean checking in online via HAL's website, after setting up an account (if you don't already have one). You can print out your boarding passes and other documentation and bring it with you to the pier.

Definitely recommend doing this prior to your sailing..

HAL wasn't enforcing assigned boarding times as recently as our sailing on Oosterdam last Fall. Our boarding passes indicated a 1:00pm boarding time and they began boarding precisely at 11:30am. Since we were in the first group (after priority boarding), we were onboard with a glass of champagne in hand and heading to lunch before 12. :)

We were on the cruise right after yours, no enforcement. Arrived about 11:45 to discover most people were already there. Check in was fast , assigned to next to last boarding group, despite an SS cabin. Missed lunch in MDR, our main reason foe wanting earlier boarding.

We were on the cruise right after yours, no enforcement. Arrived about 11:45 to discover most people were already there. Check in was fast , assigned to next to last boarding group, despite an SS cabin. Missed lunch in MDR, our main reason foe wanting earlier boarding.

Lesson learned...;)

We are leaving out of Seattle on 5/7 on the Zaandam. Got the same boarding letter the other day. We'll go over at 12:30 but seriously HAL needs to get their boarding process updated. If the mega ships can get you onboard by 12-1 HAL should be able to also.