Live from the Bliss - TA 4/21/18

CoffeeGoddess

Such a great thread, thank you.

Can't help but notice some folks might have missed something you posted in the beginning:

Speaking of pictures, I do ask that you not use the quote function for the pictures. Reposting them just clogs up the thread and makes it harder for me and others to see what you may have said and see new posts. If you want to comment or ask a question on something that is in a picture, then please delete the other pictures if you use the quote function for that picture. If you just want to make a general comment, PLEASE do not quote the whole picture post!

TLDR: Please do not quote pictures!

Such a great thread, thank you.

Can't help but notice some folks might have missed something you posted in the beginning:

I've realized early on that people either don't read or don't care. Thankfully Tapatalk truncates it so I don't see the full post but I feel sorry for people who have to scroll through all of it.

Sent from outerspace

It is cold here in Halifax so I'm really glad I brought my coat. I did stop at The Smiling Goat Espresso shop for an Americano to warm up.

b4924d232ea3cf00e96cc4726576f664.jpg

e32834043507eac0ff88e67865d06fd0.jpg

Not much planned today, just schlepping around the town to see what I can see. Hopefully I can get a good lobster roll, too.

a5ee63112a9ad9005aca33285d505b01.jpg

Sent from outerspace

Are any on the Studio cabins across the hall from a Balcony cabin. I'm traveling with my friend and her husband that will be in a balcony and I want close to them. Thank you

They are on the same floor , but they have their own secure entry and hallway- so no, you will not be able to open your door and be across the hall from your friend. But you can be on the same floor.

I'm glad to see the wine list! My husband and I were trying to figure out why we didn't go to the wine bar more on our Escape cruise, and we thought it was because the wine prices were over the drink amount with the UBP. In looking at this that doesn't seem to be the case, there are still quite a few under the amount. Guess we'll have to hit it up more when we're on the Bliss in the fall!
Just in case you didn't know, if something is over the $15 max for UBP, you only pay the difference. So I saw several glasses that were $17.50 and with UBP you'd only pay the $2.50. A lot of people don't know that

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app

Regarding the haven deck space, I think NCL has done a great disservice to the non haven guests. How many of us like to go to the top level and look out over the Bow and feel the wind. Looks to me like this option is no longer available unless you are a haven guest. That’s the only thing that I have noticed so far that they did wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agreed. We usually go up front and watch while we're pulling in to port. We weren't too happy about the ENTIRE front of the Bliss being for haven only

maybe I'm a little too East Coast for cruising, but my first inclination upon learning about this 'leave a towel on it and its yours forever' phenomenon poolside and in lounges is to scoop up said towel/belongings, nicely place it on the floor next to the seat, and take the seat for myself. If someone complained to me about it I would argue that seats are for sitting, not storing belongings, you can tell by the name.

would I get in trouble for this sort of situation-handling on a cruise?

I would do exactly the same thing. Except I would give the belongings to a crew member or have a crew member remove them. Really hopping this issue is fixed by the time we board next March

It has indeed turned to a rainy day. I got caught out so made my way back to port to check out the farmer's market. I picked up a cool shirt and card, a mini lobster roll, Halifax T-shirts and a moose umbrella.

8d346c9a3281ceaa1241b73e34debd5d.jpg

4d2ac98e6cc2b0bc222ab9a88176c131.jpg

I also stopped at Garrison Brewery right in port for a tasting and saw a couple of familiar faces.

fdad2735a25e630a87b0fece11184701.jpg

026edb1bcde77416dac2bc9cc5da639e.jpg

2643517178cdf048d234dc273252564e.jpg

8249b94dc0d57cbd14c14d1fd49a3169.jpg

Sent from outerspace

I feel so bad that you guys don’t get to experience a nicer day. Halifax has had some great pre-summer patio weather lately, but the rain had to go ruin it! Hope you enjoyed your lobster. I’m checking out the Bliss at the pier and she sure is a beauty!

I slept in and headed straight to the spa today. Looks like everyone and their brother did, too.

The spa really needs some towel/robe hooks around the pool, it would probably free up some chairs. Tip: if you forgot a hair tie, they have one in the shower cap package.

There's only one thing I'm not fond of in this spa: the slamming doors.

During my treatment yesterday the door to the spa at the front desk and the door to access the thermal suite itself kept slamming. While the locker rooms and treatment rooms have a soft close, these are heavy glass bastards and once you let go they are closing hard. I hope they come up with a fix for those.

Sent from outerspace

Here’s one for you @maniacal cruiser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting to have some issues with internet not connecting and I'm wondering if more people are starting to use it.

I went up to the Observation Lounge to fund a chair to do updates and it's packed again. Then I found this:

3b9cd6bb1b9154fc6453650f4ebce5be.jpg

IT BEGINS

There is now a new version of the chair hog; the Observation Lounge variety. The couple at the table next to me confirmed they had gone for at least an hour. I was here for a good 20 minutes before they finally showed up with napkins from the buffet which probably means they went up to eat.

Anyways, here's the day 6 daily.

aa3e9a59c6ab2df2d4c574371885e251.jpg

3ddf0103432bc9cc90b204325b8adffc.jpg

117fc4bc0d69cc86ddeb044edb737fce.jpg

d1884a588891bd862483eb4ab3a0c31f.jpg

Yeah, we all think you and your wife/friend are rude, buddy.

46d25cf49eea3ba6ac60ea31d0edaefa.jpg

Sent from outerspace

WOW! Who brings a towel to the observation lounge? I’m hoping NCL nips this in the bud. I don’t agree with it being done at the pool but understand it for times like when you are getting in the water/hot tubs etc. but this is just plain inexcusable.

WOW! Who brings a towel to the observation lounge? I’m hoping NCL nips this in the bud. I don’t agree with it being done at the pool but understand it for times like when you are getting in the water/hot tubs etc. but this is just plain inexcusable.

Don't worry Moby0215....I don't think you would notice it even if someone did it!?! ;p

Don't worry Moby0215....I don't think you would notice it even if someone did it!?! ;p

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

See Post #510 :rolleyes:

I don’t see your point? I’m assuming you are referencing the post about not quoting posts with photos? Well get over that as I will surely admit that there is no way I read every 530 some posts in this thread. Has nothing to do with noticing if someone would bring towels to the OL.

I don’t see your point? I’m assuming you are referencing the post about not quoting posts with photos? Well get over that as I will surely admit that there is no way I read every 530 some posts in this thread. Has nothing to do with noticing if someone would bring towels to the OL.

Both subjects have to do with "common courtesy".

Both subjects have to do with "common courtesy".

I am a computer programmer and cyber security expert and can assure you that not quoting a post with a picture has nothing to do with common courtesy. Unless you are referring to the fact that the OP specifically posted about not doing that of which I already stated that I had not read all of the 530+ posts of this thread nor should the OP expect everyone to. Now if we could please get back on topic that would be great.

I would love to hear more about people’s experiences with possible chair hogs in the OL.

I am a computer programmer and cyber security expert and can assure you that not quoting a post with a picture has nothing to do with common courtesy. Unless you are referring to the fact that the OP specifically posted about not doing that of which I already stated that I had not read all of the 530+ posts of this thread nor should the OP expect everyone to. Now if we could please get back on topic that would be great.

It was the very first post. But I'm used to people not being courteous enogh to even read that.

Sent from outerspace

Round two of Halifax seemed even colder and having being forewarned that nothing was in bloom at the botanical garden I wrapped it up pretty quickly I had some meh fish and chips and totally should have gone for the lobster like two other couples from the ship did. Ah well, now I'm wondering if the spa is packed because I could really do with a sauna about now.

Sent from outerspace

It was the very first post. But I'm used to people not being courteous enogh to even read that.

Sent from outerspace

I don’t agree but I apologize if you think that is not being courteous.

When I open a thread (usually through Tapatalk app on my phone) that already has tons of posts, it does not always start at the first post and I don’t always feel the need to read from the beginning. Cause like I said, no way I am reading 500+ posts. If you think that is not being courteous the again I apologize. I however do not think that having to read the first post makes one courteous or not.

As your cruise is almost coming to an end (sorry)...wanted to ask what the biggest misses (probably too many hits to list) of the new floating island ship are? Might be hard to tell on a half booked ship designed to hold like 4000 pax, but nonetheless.

Asking the same of all 3 "live" reviewers to get each of their takes on what they personally are not a fan of on the new ship.