Platinum Captians Circle question

tkbk

I never looked before on my tickets to see if they showed my captians cirlce number, until tday. I notice the member numbers are no where on the tickets. I am looking because for the first time I am a Platinum Circle member. I had to call princess last week to have two seperate accounts they have for me merged together. I asked if they showed me platinum and the gentlemen said yes and that I could proceed to check-in at the platinum members line. If my number is not on my ticket or say platinum then how do they know I am a platinum member when I check in? And to top it off the ticket only shows me with 1 previous cruise. (captians cirlce actually gave us 2 cruises for our 10 day cruise, so we actually show having 5 previous with princess on the website but have been on 4 previous with princess)

tkbk,

The actual cruise ticket (coupon 05 in the blue book) should normally have your Captain's Circle number printed right after the booking id.

I had the same problem a while back. If the reservation people show you are a platinum member then when you check in you will get a Platinum colored cruise card. The Captain's circle data base and the reservations data bases are separate, but communicate with each other.

You have done the right thing in calling Princess on this - for me it took a call to the Captain's Circle department to resolve the dual membership numbers (done within 2 days) and another to ensure the reservations folk have the right information, as it made a difference to the Travel Care insurance. If you are really concerned they can issue duplicate tickets for an extra charge (I didn't, and had no problem)

Your 10 day cruise only counts as one cruise under the current accounting, sorry to say.

Prince,

Thanks for the response.

The Captians Crilce website shows my 10 day cruise boken down as a trans pacific cruise and then also a seperate hawaii/tahitti cruise. So is it incorect then? Oh well then I am lucky if they show me as platinum one cruise sooner then I should be.

When you receive your actual ticket book in the plastic sleeve, it should be stamped "Platinum Check-In". Just proceed thru the crowd to the sign that says Platinum/Elite Check in - there will most likely be a Princess rep there - tell them you are platinum and they will flag you thru. They may or may not look at your actual ticket.

I hope it is all straightened out for you when you board, but at least you have some advice from the previous poster if you need to pursue the matter further once on board.

Gloria,

Thanks for the response, that does solve a lot. I received my tickets today and they do not say platinum anywhere on them. I gues I AM OUT OF LUCK. I woner if I print my profile off of the website with my cirlce number on it, if that would help.

Gloria,

Thanks for the response, that does solve a lot. I received my tickets today and they do not say platinum anywhere on them. I gues I AM OUT OF LUCK. I woner if I print my profile off of the website with my cirlce number on it, if that would help.

It should help. They know that it sometimes takes a while to get things in the system. It will also help on the ship, having the CC hostess get you your benefits.

When you check in you will get a Gold or Plat card. That will let you know for sure what PRincess considers to be your cruise level. I think if you go on the Princess site and log in it will show you Cap't Circle number. The web site is down right now so I can't check that out. Try it when it comes back up. Also on your cruise listing it will show what level you are, I believe.

The Platinum Check In sticker is on the outside of the plastic sleeve of your ticket booklet – if you’ve received your Platinum kit, you are Platinum. This information isn’t listed on your ticket (only your Captain’s Circle number is). As another poster suggested, if you’re in doubt, check the Princess website – if you sign in, you can check your Circle profile and it will tell you what you’re officially registered as. You can also check your booking on the Cruise Personalizer (you need your booking number) and it will indicate what level you’re sailing at.

That being said, when I was Platinum and sailed on Grand Princess, I was given a gold card as they didn’t have the correct information. If this happens, see the Captain’s Circle rep and they will switch your card over to the correct level.

Prince,

Thanks for the response.

The Captians Crilce website shows my 10 day cruise boken down as a trans pacific cruise and then also a seperate hawaii/tahitti cruise. So is it incorect then? Oh well then I am lucky if they show me as platinum one cruise sooner then I should be.

This happened to me a while back. I had made reservations which I later canceled. Those reservations would have made me a Platinum Member. When I made another reservation (with only 4 other actual Princess cruises) they even sent me a Plainum Member card, which I was not entitled to. When we went to the pier, Princess had straightened it all out and I was actually still a gold member. So perhaps when you get to the pier this will happen also....but if you are lucky, they will not have caught the mixup and you will go on board as a Platinum member. Platinum members get free interent use, which is cost saving for us now that we are really Platinum members.

Just got docs for our 1/28 sailing (Sapphire) and there is a Platinum Check-In sticker on the outside of the jacket, so this must be the replacement for the Express Check-in sticker.

Express check in does not mean a whole lot, but Platinum check in is a bit better. You do check in according to your deck assignment. They each have 2 lines and one is for Platinum members. You can then choose which is shorter. We have found the Platinum line to be fast. I think Princess has an excellent check in system. They have lots of personnel, and they move fast.

Express check in does not mean a whole lot, but Platinum check in is a bit better
Right – Express and Platinum check in are two different things. Express means you’ve filled out all your forms via internet and don’t need to fill anything out at the pier. Given the proliferation of the internet – and the requirement after 9/11 that immigration information be completed before tickets are issued – most people have qualified for Express check in by the time they leave home.

Platinum check in is for Platinum members (and I believe suite occupants also get it). This is a totally different check in line and it’s much faster than the regular or “Express” lines.

Prince,

Thanks for the response.

Even if you bought the cruise as a single, Princess probably counted it as a back to back, in which case you get credit for two cruises, thus Platinum.

The mini-suites and above also get Platinum check in even if you are still Gold, so that may explain some of the Platinum check ins for folks who haven't done the right number of cruises yet.

Bdjam, what is the "Platinum kit"?

Thanks

Sue

When you reach Gold, Platinum or Elite status, you normally would receive a kit from Princess – at least I did…except for Gold because I had already reached Platinum when the new tiers were introduced – and it’s usually at the end of the cruise that qualifies you for the next level. Included is a Captain’s Circle ID card, a welcome letter and a Membership Benefits Guide. I also got a lapel pin when I got to Elite, but don’t remember getting the same when I got Platinum. Once you have that specific kit, you’re at that tier – whether or not your reservation says so. It seems as posted above that the Captain’s Circle database isn’t connected to the reservation or ship-board databases…so sometimes they are not in sync.

Bdjam, thanks for the info - we completed our fifth Princess cruise last September and received nothing:( , perhaps it is because we are based in the UK. It doesn't matter though because the personaliser shows us as "Platinum" for our next cruise. Just wondered what (if anything!) we might be missing!;)

Thanks again and a happy New Year to all

Sue

Archived