Last minute questions!!!

Nicole721

I feel so frazzled! We leave in five and a half days for Ft. Lauderdale and embark the CB in a week and even though I've spent months researching and planning our cruise, I still have a million questions so if anyone can answer any of these, I'd be SO grateful :)

1. Does anyone know 110% the order of the menus? We're planning on going to the specialty restaurants on Italian and Caribbean nights and I'd hate to book on the wrong night!

2. Does anyone know where I can find some recent (within the last month or so) patters?

3. We're booked in an aft suite. I've got a list of amenities that we're entitled to, but I've heard that we have to call and set up certain things. What amenities do I need to arrange and how do I do that?

4. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in my family not addicted to diet coke, but I'll ask on their behalf: can they bring a case of diet coke on board? Should we pack it?

5. We're not first time cruisers (we've done a few on Carnival) but we're first time cruisers with Princess. Is there anything we should be sure not to miss? Events? Activities? Food?

6. We're booked for the 1/2 Day Champagne Catamaran to St. John and the French Riviera Beach Rendevous (I think that's what they're calling it...it's the excursion with lunch to Orient Beach). Anyone ever done those excursions? I'm on the fence with the St. John one because we have two non swimmers in our family (I hear there's a dingy or something like that though). Does anyone know how far out the catamaran anchors?

Anything else I need to know? Any tips? I appreciate ANYTHING anyone can tell me :)

Are you kidding me?:D It's called a vacation for a reason, you are to relax and enjoy yourself. Have fun and allow the vacation to unfold as each day progresses. Don't overplan or overanalyize everything or this can set you up for failure if something doesn't happen just right.

From reading on the boards it sounds like you will have a wonderful time at the restraunts and on your excursions. Yes you can take soda with you.:)

Have tons of fun and leave frazzled nerves at home.

Believe me...

After the semester I just got finished with, this kind of frazzled almost feels relaxed LOL.

I just want to make sure I don't miss ANYTHING :)

The diet coke addicts in my family will be VERY glad to hear they can bring it on...thanks!!! :)

4. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in my family not addicted to diet coke, but I'll ask on their behalf: can they bring a case of diet coke on board? Should we pack it?

I'm pretty sure I can answer no. 4 You can just carry it on. You don't need to pack in any special way. You can each carry a 12 pack if you wish. That's what I did. DW had a case of diet pepsi as they don't have that on the ship.

Anything else I need to know? Any tips? I appreciate ANYTHING anyone can tell me :)
Relax and don't worry. Most things will take care of themselves. I think you are starting the trip with the right attitude; for the most part things will be great, but not everything will be perfect.

Re: the order of the menus ---sometimes this seems to vary, for whatever reason. But if you want to book the specialty restaurants, the best time to do this in on embarkation day. The Patters will list the time, and there will be a table set up outside Sabbatini's. The waiter there will be able to tell you which menu is planned for which evening on your cruise, and that info can guide you in deciding which night to reserve. It's always a good idea to go down and make a reservation -- you can always cancel it, but it can be hard to make one later in the cruise. Have fun !!!

You didn't say where you are from, but if you are flying in, you might want to buy your soda in Ft Lauderdale before you get on the ship. Soda is very heavy and could put you over your weight limit for the plane. That could cost you more than the price of the soda cards. We take soda on board all the time. It's not a problem. Rememeber to bring a few huggers with you so you can carry the soda around the ship comfortably.

Have fun, we did!

Nicole: You do sound very frazzled! I hope you are able to relax and unwind on this cruise. I'm sure you'll have a great time. I'd ask when I got onboard when the theme nights are and then book your specialty restaurants accordingly.

In the things-to-do-not-miss category, I'd have to say on the top of my list is Bert Stratton, followed by comedy shows and other specialty acts. Also the International Crew show was great.

Hope you all have a wonderful time!

Marly

Nicole: You do sound very frazzled! I hope you are able to relax and unwind on this cruise. I'm sure you'll have a great time. I'd ask when I got onboard when the theme nights are and then book your specialty restaurants accordingly.

In the things-to-do-not-miss category, I'd have to say on the top of my list is Bert Stratton, followed by comedy shows and other specialty acts. Also the International Crew show was great.

Hope you all have a wonderful time!

Marly

I've heard a lot about Bert...I'll be sure not to miss it!

I'm mostly frazzled because American Airlines messed our flights up (I booked us returning on 1/14, I went to confirm a few weeks ago to make sure things were still the same, and they had us returning on 1/7...the day the boat sails) and they're giving us hell so I'm making sure we don't have any other unforseen unpleasant suprises.

Besides, I don't go back to school for another month so I've got too much time on my hands ;)

Thanks for the suggestions! :)

1. Does anyone know 110% the order of the menus? We're planning on going to the specialty restaurants on Italian and Caribbean nights and I'd hate to book on the wrong night!

I actually wouldn't recommend missing Italian night. Many of the lines executive chefs are Italian and they really do it up on this night. THey also offer Limoncello after dinner (a wonderful Italian lemon liquor).

2. Does anyone know where I can find some recent (within the last month or so) patters?

3. We're booked in an aft suite. I've got a list of amenities that we're entitled to, but I've heard that we have to call and set up certain things. What amenities do I need to arrange and how do I do that?

You'll have a welcome letter in your stateroom when you arrive that will give you this info. You can deal with this onboard.

Don't pack it and you can carry it aboard. There's a grocery very close to the ship in FLL. Either pick some up on the way to the ship or leave the ship after boarding and come back (you can also pick it up in most any port)

5. We're not first time cruisers (we've done a few on Carnival) but we're first time cruisers with Princess. Is there anything we should be sure not to miss? Events? Activities? Food?

Any pasta (the chefs are Italian) especially the Fettucine Alfredo and Rack of Lamb are two of my favorites

6. We're booked for the 1/2 Day Champagne Catamaran to St. John and the French Riviera Beach Rendevous (I think that's what they're calling it...it's the excursion with lunch to Orient Beach). Anyone ever done those excursions? I'm on the fence with the St. John one because we have two non swimmers in our family (I hear there's a dingy or something like that though). Does anyone know how far out the catamaran anchors?

No need to do the Orient Beach excursion. Walk off the ship, up the pier to the taxi staging area (clearly marked with signs off to the right as you leave the pier. This area is set-up by destination. Get in line in the Orient Beach area. The taxi will be shared with other, reasonably priced, and they will reliably come back and pick you up at whatever time you ask. Request to be dropped off at the Bikini Beach Club. You can rent chairs and umbrellas here, get drinks served to you right in your chair. They also have a great restaurant, bar, live music, and restrooms, gift shop, etc. The food is amazing, the beach beautiful. We always go over to Orient in the morning and go back to Philipsburg mid-afternoon for shopping and then take the water taxi back to the ship. All very do-able on your own.

The Champagne sailaway has been a very highly rated tour for a number of years.

No need to do the Orient Beach excursion. Walk off the ship, up the pier to the taxi staging area (clearly marked with signs off to the right as you leave the pier. This area is set-up by destination. Get in line in the Orient Beach area. The taxi will be shared with other, reasonably priced, and they will reliably come back and pick you up at whatever time you ask. Request to be dropped off at the Bikini Beach Club. You can rent chairs and umbrellas here, get drinks served to you right in your chair. They also have a great restaurant, bar, live music, and restrooms, gift shop, etc. The food is amazing, the beach beautiful. We always go over to Orient in the morning and go back to Philipsburg mid-afternoon for shopping and then take the water taxi back to the ship. All very do-able on your own.

Chris, Thanks for the tip. We're looking at Orient Beach for our upcoming cruise.

Amen! Just go with the flow and try a little spontaneity! Enjoy your cruise! ;)

Are you kidding me?:D It's called a vacation for a reason, you are to relax and enjoy yourself. Have fun and allow the vacation to unfold as each day progresses. Don't overplan or overanalyize everything or this can set you up for failure if something doesn't happen just right. Have tons of fun and leave frazzled nerves at home.

Archived