A good way to annoy people

Maya1234

I would cancel and book with Princess. You never have to make a reservation for the shows, just show up and sit down. Specialty restaurants always seem to have some openings the day you want to book. You can make a reservation one day at a time if you have anytime dinning, or just show up (sometimes a short wait). I prefer that type of cruise where I am Free to choose the Style I want for that day, rather than being locked into a regimented time schedule like you are forced to do on NCL.

I have to chuckle at this post. I mean you do realize NCL is the original Freestyle. No need to make any reservations, no set dining times, etc. it’s just that they do offer reservations on the bigger ships for those who do like to plan. But it’s certainly not necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to chuckle at this post. I mean you do realize NCL is the original Freestyle. No need to make any reservations, no set dining times, etc. it’s just that they do offer reservations on the bigger ships for those who do like to plan. But it’s certainly not necessary.

If you do not NEED reservations then why do they have them? If anyone can show up and see the show or eat in the restaurants then reservations would not exist, there would be no point to having them in the first place. It is an illusion and frankly false advertising.

If you do not NEED reservations then why do they have them? If anyone can show up and see the show or eat in the restaurants then reservations would not exist, there would be no point to having them in the first place. It is an illusion and frankly false advertising.

Offering reservations and needing reservations are two different things. If you do not know the difference I’m not sure what to tell you.

The bigger the ship the more reservations help with the flow and qty of folks trying to see shows.

Having said that, every cruise I have taken that used reservations still in the end had room for late comers.

Also the later in the week the easier to walkup.

Besides about 5% of the folks walk out after 15 mins

Offering reservations and needing reservations are two different things. If you do not know the difference I’m not sure what to tell you.

So you are saying anyone can get a seat at any show they show up to see , and eat in any pay for restaurant they decide they want to eat in that night and they are accommodated? I understand the difference between needing and offering reservations, but why would the OP be so upset if reservations were never needed. They would simply go where they wanted to once on board. The issue is with NCL's Feestyle cruising and how misleading it appears from the post on this thread that concept has become. I was simply trying to help the OP have a more relaxed experience that would make them feel Free and be able do plan activities as befit their Style at the time, rather than the FEESTYLE experience of NCL.

I would cancel and book with Princess. You never have to make a reservation for the shows, just show up and sit down. Specialty restaurants always seem to have some openings the day you want to book. You can make a reservation one day at a time if you have anytime dinning, or just show up (sometimes a short wait). I prefer that type of cruise where I am Free to choose the Style I want for that day, rather than being locked into a regimented time schedule like you are forced to do on NCL.

You are making a lot of assumptions. I've never been on a cruise but I already know that I don't HAVE to make a reservation but I CAN if I want to.

You are making a lot of assumptions. I've never been on a cruise but I already know that I don't HAVE to make a reservation but I CAN if I want to.

I am not making any assumptions, but because the OP was upset at not being able to make reservations logic would say he or she feels they need to be made in order to have a nice cruise on NCL. I simply gave a recommendation to the OP that would provide a nice cruise with no reservations even able to be made for the shows. I am sorry my attempt at helping another person has caused you to chime in on something you admit you know nothing about.

I am not making any assumptions, but because the OP was upset at not being able to make reservations logic would say he or she feels they need to be made in order to have a nice cruise on NCL. I simply gave a recommendation to the OP that would provide a nice cruise with no reservations even able to be made for the shows. I am sorry my attempt at helping another person has caused you to chime in on something you admit you know nothing about.

Yeah okay buddy.

Has everyone calmed down yet?.

Has OP been able to make show reservztions yet?

When I did the Escape on Nov I was unable to reserve some of the shows on line.

But once on ship the box office or screens around ship allowed me.

Also usually there are about 50 seats approximately empty and scattered around.

One thing I noticed us about 10 mins into show, folks left and seats got gobbled up by folks standing

I know it's not the Bliss, but on the Getaway we have never had any trouble making reservations for shows or specialty restaurants on board, either at the Box Office, our tv or the kiosks scattered around the ship--often we did the day of and still got in.

Now, we are willing to be a little flexible as to day and time--don't have to see x show at exactly x time on x day.

Has everyone calmed down yet?.

Has OP been able to make show reservztions yet?

When I did the Escape on Nov I was unable to reserve some of the shows on line.

But once on ship the box office or screens around ship allowed me.

Also usually there are about 50 seats approximately empty and scattered around.

One thing I noticed us about 10 mins into show, folks left and seats got gobbled up by folks standing

That’s a negative because the Bliss has not opened reservations for shows yet.

That’s a negative because the Bliss has not opened reservations for shows yet.

oh well but some might be on you tube by now. Still with 15 days I think there will be plenty of time. But shore excursions are selling. I waited too long to the Tortuga Island and Beach in Costa Rica. Darn.

It’s only the mega ships. On the Gem, we made no reservations in the MDR’s, and you can’t reserve shows. Does Princess have mega ships? I believe all of the larger ships on every line require more reservations.

It’s only the mega ships. On the Gem, we made no reservations in the MDR’s, and you can’t reserve shows. Does Princess have mega ships? I believe all of the larger ships on every line require more reservations.

Thank you for that information, I can see why the size of the ship would make a difference. I think Princess has 3 ships with 3560 passengers, much less than the Mega ships. I have been on Allure of the Seas and did not care for having to make reservations for shows, especially because they would also limit when you could make dining reservations if you already had a show reservation. I prefer being able to decide when to eat, or what to see that night depending on how I am feeling, maybe because I cruise a few times a year I do not feel the need to do everything with each sailing. For me cruise lines have a personality, and some lines appeal to me more than others. The only cruise line I did not enjoy was NCL, so I could not resist when the title of this thread was 'A good way to annoy people'. I probably would have enjoyed NCL if I used any of the specialty restaurants, but my DH has only agreed to them 5 times out of over 40 cruises across several lines. I also see many people talking about the wonderful Haven experience, but that is well beyond our means.