birthday celebration

leono1

it will be my girlfriends 30th the day we board the sensation in miami in november.

im going to buy the stateroom birthday decorations for the day we board (i may even splash out and buy two for two seperate days as i want the cake and the champagne package ;-) :):))

will anything else be automatically done i.e sing happy birthday\cake in the MDR or will they not know its her birthday unless i somehow notify them?

i would whisper it to the waiter.

they havent known my birthday, but sometimes they seem to know, but i wouldnt count on it. just let him know quietly, so you are sure he knows.

they will put a candle into some little dessert and get more waiters to sing to her.

the whole cake, you have to pay for it, they wouldnt give you a free whole cake, just a dessert with a candle, but its still nice.

i would whisper it to the waiter.

they havent known my birthday, but sometimes they seem to know, but i wouldnt count on it. just let him know quietly, so you are sure he knows.

they will put a candle into some little dessert and get more waiters to sing to her.

the whole cake, you have to pay for it, they wouldnt give you a free whole cake, just a dessert with a candle, but its still nice.

They gave me a whole birthday cake on my birthday on the NCL Getaway when we were at dinner. Earlier in the day, my room steward left me a cupcake that said Happy Birthday on it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can buy a cake from the candy shop. They will deliver it when and where you want it. You can avoid the 15% delivery charge if you wait to buy the cake. I have never been charged a gratuity at the candy shop. If the cake is a surprise, don't let her see your account statement until after she sees the cake. The charge from the candy shop will show up almost immediately after placing the order.

Go to the book faces. Locate Carnival’s brand ambassador (John Heald). Post that it is a birthday and ask (nicely) for something special. It’s nothing fancy (we got chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of cheap bubbly for an anniversary trip) but it is pretty neat. Plus, she will think you have some friends in high places! Beware, though: some on CC apparently find asking for these freebies to be below them (although it’s encouraged by John).

Go to the book faces. Locate Carnival’s brand ambassador (John Heald). Post that it is a birthday and ask (nicely) for something special. It’s nothing fancy (we got chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of cheap bubbly for an anniversary trip) but it is pretty neat. Plus, she will think you have some friends in high places! Beware, though: some on CC apparently find asking for these freebies to be below them (although it’s encouraged by John).

You have to wait to do this until a day or 2 before your cruise though [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

I just celebrated my birthday on the Glory last week and on the second day of our cruise two gift cards from Carnival popped into my HUB account. It was super exciting. They both said Happy Birthday on them but perhaps everyone gets these? $12 off any photos we purchased. And a $50 gift card to use for anything at the Spa. My actual birthday was during the cruise. My husband surprised me with a cake from the candy shop which they brought to our dinner table.

We also celebrated our son's birthday on the cruise as well. When doing the online check-in process I marked us both as having birthday celebrations. His actual birthday was a week after the cruise but they brought him a small cake to the table one night and they all sang! They did this on their own without my asking at dinner. He did not get gift cards. Perhaps your birthday has to be during the actual cruise for those?

There is a spot on your Cruise Manager that you can list a Special Occasion. Not positive that will result in anything but worth listing. Have fun!

We put "Honeymoon" on ours, as it was technically our honeymoon. But our room steward gave us a $12 pixels gift card (we used it to buy a picture frame for one of our own pictures :D ) and we had a bottle of bubbly and some little chocolate tidbits from the Maitre D that was left in our room one evening. Nothing extravagant, but it was nice :)