BOGOHO - A Cautionary Tale

The friend only got the $800 dollar price because the op paid $1600, for what really was a $1200 cruise for each. Royal Caribbean should have refunded based on the payment made, not the artificial individual cruise fare.

The friend only got the $800 dollar price because the op paid $1600, for what really was a $1200 cruise for each. Royal Caribbean should have refunded based on the payment made, not the artificial individual cruise fare.

NO ONE paid $1,600. EVER. Period. EACH person PAID $1,200. ON EACH of their own credit cards. EACH person was REFUNDED $1,200 on EACH of their own credit cards. ALL of this broohaha is over FCC. Cruiseline $$ ... FREE $$.

I'm finding it difficult to believe that some people cannot see the problem. A couple of friends agree to pay 1/2 each for a cruise - sounds normal to me. They have a MAJOR disappointment when the cruise is cancelled at very short notice and decide to come down under anyway despite significant extra expenses. They get their refund and RCI should be flexible enough to allocate the FCC as they wish - after all they would much rather have gone on the cruise and they both had additional expenses!!! Why should one person have to pay the other $400 cash in exchange for the higher FCC when she may not even want to and would not plan to cruise for the higher cost? Apparently RCI can do this in other circumstances. I hope you call again and get a good resolution.

NO ONE paid $1,600. EVER. Period. EACH person PAID $1,200. ON EACH of their own credit cards. EACH person was REFUNDED $1,200 on EACH of their own credit cards. ALL of this broohaha is over FCC. Cruiseline $$ ... FREE $$.

WRONG.

Yes, each person paid $1200 on their credit card.

BUT, the OP was refunded $1600 and the friend $800, because those were the individual fares (one full fare, one half off).

People need to READ.

Anyone of normal intelligence, given the context of the thread, would know I was referring to the fcc’s. Which should be allocated based on the dollar payment, proportional to the cash refund.

WRONG.

Yes, each person paid $1200 on their credit card.

BUT, the OP was refunded $1600 and the friend $800, because those were the individual fares (one full fare, one half off).

People need to READ.

Unfortunately, it seems you are the one not fully reading and/or understanding. The OP and travel companion both received $1200 back in cash (probably just put back on their Credit Card), which was the amount that each one paid. Then for the inconvience, RCCI also gave out FCC equal to what each person's fare officially was (First person in room $1500 after taxes and fees taken out, second person in room $700 after taxes and fees).

It would be nice if RCCI would be able to adjust this, but this is really just a bonus amount to help cover for the inconvenience of cancelling at the last minute. If it were simply about more money going to one versus the other, then it would be a no brainer for the Op to just pay $400 to their travel companion.

I get the frustration, but I would personally just let it go, and then if it works out that a cruise comes along that the OP wants and is able to actually use the additional FCC, then they could pay out to their friend. If the friend throws a fit over it, or the OP thinks it may cause a rift, then I would probably just fork over the money, and just to not cause issues.

In the end, it would be awesome if RCCI would split it as requested, and they may if you spend enough time trying to make it work out and get different people on the phone, but at some point you have to decide what your time, sanity and friendship is worth.

I'm finding it difficult to believe that some people cannot see the problem. A couple of friends agree to pay 1/2 each for a cruise - sounds normal to me. They have a MAJOR disappointment when the cruise is cancelled at very short notice and decide to come down under anyway despite significant extra expenses. They get their refund and RCI should be flexible enough to allocate the FCC as they wish - after all they would much rather have gone on the cruise and they both had additional expenses!!! Why should one person have to pay the other $400 cash in exchange for the higher FCC when she may not even want to and would not plan to cruise for the higher cost? Apparently RCI can do this in other circumstances. I hope you call again and get a good resolution.

Point of detail... They were in Australia when they received the cancellation notice. See original post. [emoji2].

Sent from my iPhone using Forums