Wedding called off what do I do

JawjaCrewser

My last cruise was on RCL, we took my stepson and his girlfriend. When I booked I specifically asked about changing her out if they happened to break up (both are in college but have been dating for about 3 years). There was no charge if it was done more than 30 or 60 days out and a $50 charge after that, or something like that. Whatever it was it was nothing substantial. Check with NCL or your TA if you used one. I’d be stunned if you couldn’t change, there might be a small fee but that’s peanuts.

Enjoy the cruise. Everything happens for a reason.

It sounds from your post like you bought trip insurance directly from NCL? If so, that does include cancel for any reason with a 75 percent future cruise credit worth what you paid. You will also get a full refund of taxes and port fees. In addition, depending on when you booked, you are still far enough out that you will get some portion of the cruise fare back as well (act quickly though). As such, I would call NCL, if you decide to go on the trip, you can take someone else. If you decide to cancel, you're not going to take a total bath, you're going to get the port taxes and fees back, some percentage of the fare back, and then 75 percent of the rest as a future cruise cert (assuming again that you have the NCL trip insurance).

My fiance and I have decided not to get married. In fact we have split altogether...I have booked and paid in full for a 7 day cruise that leaves in 42 days. What if anything can I do in terms of refunding her share of the cruise fare? I did get cruise insurance(the middle one) if that makes any difference. Can I take a buddy instead?

My son and girlfriend broke up a week before their cruise. NCL was super about letting him cancel and gave him most of his money back and he didn't have insurance.

My son and girlfriend broke up a week before their cruise. NCL was super about letting him cancel and gave him most of his money back and he didn't have insurance.

My MIL was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and had to cancel a suite on POA. NCL said nice things, but still applied the cancellation policy. OP - do not go in expecting any refund beyond what is contained in the cancellation policy.

We took our daughter and her then boyfriend on a cruise to celebrate his college graduation. They broke up two days into the 7 day cruise. Awkward. She didn't want to ruin the cruise for us so she didn't tell us, so I ended up having to crop him out of all the really nice formal portraits we took.

We took our daughter and her then boyfriend on a cruise to celebrate his college graduation. They broke up two days into the 7 day cruise. Awkward. She didn't want to ruin the cruise for us so she didn't tell us, so I ended up having to crop him out of all the really nice formal portraits we took.

I about spit coffee on the monitor!

Go, have fun... DO NOT look for the next "one", let it sink in and "no regrets"!

On a Mediterranean cruise I took in 2016, one of our assigned table mates (traditional dining), had booked the cruise for himself and his wife. She cheated on him a few months before the cruise and they ended up getting divorced. He was trepidatious to cruise alone but he was so glad that he mustered up the nerve. He ended up hanging with our group all week and we are all still friends. We're actually trying to talk him into our cruise this year too! Just go and meet up for some of the solo events, I'm sure you will have a great time.

My son also split with his girlfriend about a month before an xmas cruise. They did refund port fees and taxes and any packages bought(ie spa or dinner). They applied the refund policy for the rest of the cost paid. He went by himself and had a great time(he did the breaking up so it may have been a little easier that way)