GUAR room assignement freaking out!!!

SoFLcruiser5225

I think our OP is a one and done poster. Maybe they read the advice here and just didn't bother to let us know. Hope it all works out for them.

A one and done poster who also praises another cruise line and trashes HAL at the same time ......:confused: ?

We have cruised 4 times so far and I always book a guaranteed balcony and never had an issue, yes in the past on NCL we had a "partially obstructed" view of our balcony but that was only when you looked directly down you would see a lifeboat, our panoramic views were great!

But we booked our cruise on HAL on the Nieuw Amsterdam Alaska cruise and just received our room assignment as room "4053" which is a partially obstructed view, from pictures it looks like a life boat is DIRECTLY in front of our balcony! I called HAL and they directed me to write an email to the inventory of the company and i have not heard back.

Wondering if theres any advice or anyone that has had a VH balcony room on the Nieuw Amsterdam who could give me some hope that our balcony isn't completely blocked by a life boat!!!!

anything helps!

its not as bad as you think and BTW those boats could be a blessing blocking the wind up there

you could walk out and see everything

downfall is you have no privacy from balconies above

good cruising