A few recorded facts.

mercury7289

Clearly I am not the only one making assumptions. I have never said that service charges were for the profit of P&O. I have always believed that they are distributed as P&O state.

I have read your position on service charges and staff wages over and over again on several threads. You seem to think I have a different position. I don’t. I just don’t feel the need to repeat them ad nauseam. I have always stated that service charges should be scrapped and the Cruise price increased for all so that all the staff are paid a decent wage without having to rely on tipping or service charges.

Finally, whenever we have stayed in a Suite we have always tipped the cabin steward very generously - in addition to paying the service charge.

Forgot to ask you Selbourne, you make this statement

As this thread is about facts, let me offer a couple more. Cabin stewards with Suites tend to look after slightly fewer cabins to compensate for the extra time they take to service. Their pay and reward structure does not penalise them for this

Can you just point to where it is a fact that their pay and reward structure do not penalise them for this. It has escaped me.

Forgot to ask you Selbourne, you make this statement

Can you just point to where it is a fact that their pay and reward structure do not penalise them for this. It has escaped me.

I know that you like to be deliberately antagonistic and I’m tempted not to rise to the bait, but cabin stewards are not paid a price per cabin, they are paid a salary, supplemented by their various service charge distribution / bonus scheme / service reward schemes etc. The details of this have been published on this site but sadly removed.

When we have had suites, our stewards have explained that, as suites take longer to service (especially aft suites on Britannia due to the soot on the balcony) they are allocated one or two less cabins than those who have regular cabins only so as to even out the workload. Their pay is unaffected.

If you are going to point to the fact that I don’t have a copy of the P&O contract of employment to satisfy your need for proof, or suggest that the staff have lied to me, then so be it, but I have no desire to go round and round in the never ending circular discussions on this subject that you seem to thrive on. You believe what you like. It matters not a jot to me.

I know that you like to be deliberately antagonistic and I’m tempted not to rise to the bait, but cabin stewards are not paid a price per cabin, they are paid a salary, supplemented by their various service charge distribution / bonus scheme / service reward schemes etc. The details of this have been published on this site but sadly removed.

When we have had suites, our stewards have explained that, as suites take longer to service (especially aft suites on Britannia due to the soot on the balcony) they are allocated one or two less cabins than those who have regular cabins only so as to even out the workload. Their pay is unaffected.

If you are going to point to the fact that I don’t have a copy of the P&O contract of employment to satisfy your need for proof, or suggest that the staff have lied to me, then so be it, but I have no desire to go round and round in the never ending circular discussions on this subject that you seem to thrive on. You believe what you like. It matters not a jot to me.

I agree with Selbourne maybe its time to call it a day on this thread.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app