PARADISE found, plus our CONQUEST of two more ships (with pics) - 4/14/2018

Jamman54

This is the old conch graveyard. You are no longer allowed to bring home conch shells from here…..

IMG_1200-XL.jpg

IMG_1199-XL.jpg

IMG_1201-XL.jpg

IMG_1204-XL.jpg

IMG_1205-XL.jpg

Patti begins her long trek back to our cabana. She stops at the entrance to the Cruise Center where she found the taxi rates posted…..

IMG_1235-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Patti has made it back to our cabana…..

IMG_1248-XL.jpg

IMG_1246-XL.jpg

IMG_1249-XL.jpg

IMG_1259-XL.jpg

IMG_1247-XL.jpg

The most important feature in the cabana is the button. Press it and your servers will be there shortly to take your orders…..

IMG_1361-XL.jpg

To be continued…….

These are the views we have from the porch of our cabana…..

IMG_1261-XL.jpg

IMG_1262-XL.jpg

IMG_1263-XL.jpg

IMG_1264-XL.jpg

This is my bucket of Landsharks…..

IMG_1266-XL.jpg

I’m on my second or third already……

IMG_1267-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Thanks for sharing your pictures of the grand Turk cabana! We will be in one of these as well, in just two weeks! How close is 9 to the beach? Just walk around the flow rider? How far down is jacks shack from there?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is the beach to the right of the pier, along with the excursion pier and whale exhibit…..

IMG_1117-XL.jpg

I know you said the green umbrellas to the left are the free ones. We have never ventured to the right of the pier-do you know if these are free cruise line chairs or owned by independent vendors?

As always, wonderful review! Amber Cove was definitely useful, it doesn't seem many have covered it in detail and we are heading there this fall for the first time.

Hey Jeff and Patti Once again thank you for taking us along on your fantastic vacation. Also Jeff have a bucket on me. Gary:cool::cool:

I'm going to hold you to that Gary! :D

Thanks for sharing your pictures of the grand Turk cabana! We will be in one of these as well, in just two weeks! How close is 9 to the beach? Just walk around the flow rider? How far down is jacks shack from there?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have a great time with your cabana in Grand Turk! #'s 9 & 10 are the closest cabanas to the beach. There is a walkway to the right of the Flow Rider. It is a nice 10 minute slow and easy walk down the beach to Jack's Shack from your cabana. In fact, in our next segment, Patti will be taking a walk there. :D

I know you said the green umbrellas to the left are the free ones. We have never ventured to the right of the pier-do you know if these are free cruise line chairs or owned by independent vendors?

As always, wonderful review! Amber Cove was definitely useful, it doesn't seem many have covered it in detail and we are heading there this fall for the first time.

We have never hung out to the right of the pier either, so I don't have a clue. However, I can't imagine those clam shells being free.

As far as Amber Cove goes, since this was our first time there we wanted to cover it fully. We enjoyed our time there and can't wait to go back. :cool:

After relaxing for a while, Patti decided to take a walk down the beach to Jack’s Shack and see Topher. Here are some views of the beach as she makes her way down there…..

IMG_1270-XL.jpg

IMG_1274-XL.jpg

IMG_1268-XL.jpg

IMG_1275-XL.jpg

IMG_1277-XL.jpg

IMG_1279-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

There is no sign of Topher today, but there are plenty of other dogs and even a cat…..

IMG_1326-XL.jpg

IMG_1307-XL.jpg

IMG_1289-XL.jpg

IMG_1294-XL.jpg

Looking out at the water from Jack’s Shack…..

IMG_1309-XL.jpg

IMG_1316-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Patti leaves Jack’s and heads back to the cabana…..

IMG_1319-XL.jpg

She passes a wide variety of inflatable fun……

IMG_1328-XL.jpg

IMG_1329-XL.jpg

IMG_1330-XL.jpg

Patti has made it back to the Margaritaville beach…..

IMG_1331-XL.jpg

The Flowrider is up and running, and one of the staff is showing off his moves…..

IMG_1334-XL.jpg

To be continued……..

Patti has found me in the pool, and as it is time for lunch we head back to the cabana……

IMG_1338-XL.jpg

IMG_1341-XL.jpg

We push the button and a couple of minutes later our server is taking our order. Here are the menus. These are the appetizers…..

IMG_1344-XL.jpg

The soup and salad menu…..

IMG_1346-XL.jpg

These are the burgers and sandwiches…..

IMG_1348-XL.jpg

The Chef’s special selections…..

IMG_1350-XL.jpg

To be continued……

Here is the dessert menu…..

IMG_1352-XL.jpg

This is the specialty drink menu…..

IMG_1355-XL.jpg

In no time at all, our drinks and food have arrived. I had a frozen mudslide…..

IMG_1363-XL.jpg

Patti had a frozen strawberry daiquiri……

IMG_1365-XL.jpg

For lunch, I had Jimmy’s Jammin’ Jambalaya……

IMG_1369-XL.jpg

Patti had the turkey club which is huge……

IMG_1367-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Is your food included in the cost to rent the cabana?

We have found that Grand Turk with 2 ships in port is just too darn crowded so we enjoy the ship and a practically empty pool.

Our last visit to Grand Turk we were in port 7:30-2:30 with another ship and I thought the beach would sink there were so many people on it!

Enjoying your review!

I was interested in how much you paid for your cabana. I was thinking about doing this myself.

These chair rentals are new and are located near the bathrooms. No idea what the cost is for these…..

IMG_1141-XL.jpg

Two whale tails tower over the Cruise Center…..

IMG_1142-XL.jpg

The bars are now open…..

IMG_1144-XL.jpg

Here are some of the pool cabanas…..

IMG_1148-XL.jpg

On this side you will find the walk in entry to the pool……

IMG_1149-XL.jpg

Since I was the first to check in, I got to choose our cabana. As always, I chose # 9 once again. It is in our favorite location which is near the beach and flowrider, and away from the pool bar and dj…..

IMG_1152-XL.jpg

To be continued……

Hi Jeff,

NJ neighbor here (North Brunswick)!!!

Thank you so, so much for your AMAZING review and Patti's AWESOME pictures!!! My husband and I, along with my sister and brother-in-law (from Louisiana) will be cruising on the Conquest in September to celebrate my sister's 50th!!!! The only new port for us is Amber Cove and I am super-excited after having read your review!! We do already have our cabana reserved for HMC and are going to skip the Grand Turk one this year as we will be venturing onto the beach there for the first time!!! (never made it out of Margaritaville pool area on previous visits!!) But now, after your review and pictures, I am really considering that poolside cabana at Amber Cove!!!!

Thank you again for all of the time and effort you put into this review!!!!

Deena

Hey Patti thats one huge club sandwich, How was it? Jeff how much were those frozen drinks,they look delicious. Gary:evilsmile:

Patti must love it because she orders it every time we are there! The drinks in the big cups were 19,99 I believe. :D

Is your food included in the cost to rent the cabana?

We have found that Grand Turk with 2 ships in port is just too darn crowded so we enjoy the ship and a practically empty pool.

Our last visit to Grand Turk we were in port 7:30-2:30 with another ship and I thought the beach would sink there were so many people on it!

Enjoying your review!

The food is not included in the price of the cabana. One of the reasons that we rent a cabana there is so that we get some quiet space for ourselves. :cool:

Praise Patti for taking pictures. I am loving them.

We have a stop in Grand Turk and we are planning on Jack's Shack. Have you spend the day there?

Patti says thanks! :D We have never spent the day at Jack's Shack, but we do visit there from time to time. :cool:

I was interested in how much you paid for your cabana. I was thinking about doing this myself.

We paid $159.99 for the pool cabana at Grand Turk when we ordered it about 6 months before our cruise. From what I understand, the price has gone up since then. :(