Please, need help or advice for flights Azmara Journey departure in Lisbon.

Gitte

Is it possible to book connecting flights for the Azamara Journey with arrival at 1.50 pm in Lisbon.

Transfer from airport to ship is about 20-25 minutes depending on the traffic. The ship leaves at 5.00 pm.

Thanks,

Gitte

Where are you flying from and when?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello Grandma,

7 June Journey with TAP Dusseldorf - Frankfurt - Lisbon.

DUS - FRA 8.35 - 9.25

FRA - LIS 11.40 - 13.50

Thank you.

Edited by Gitte

This looks OK, but ( and it’s a big but) what happens if either of your flights is delayed. If your first flight is delayed you might not make the connection, and if your second flight is delayed then it might be more difficult to get to the port by, say, 16:30 at the latest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know. I prefer earlier flights too or the day before but this flights are booked by Azamara Club Cruise. They said no worries.

Should your arrival in Lisbon be delayed, the shipping company will take care of everything else and will take care to bring you to the ship on time.

But I prefer to start a cruise without stress. ;)

They will not always wait - sometimes they will arrange your hotel and transport to the next port. It depends how long the delay is. I would go back to Azamara and see if you cannot get some different flight arrangement. The problem is this summer there are a number of French air traffic control "strike/go slow" days. It just takes one of them to cause you to miss your connection and it is going to be stress all the way.

They will not always wait - sometimes they will arrange your hotel and transport to the next port. It depends how long the delay is. I would go back to Azamara and see if you cannot get some different flight arrangement. The problem is this summer there are a number of French air traffic control "strike/go slow" days. It just takes one of them to cause you to miss your connection and it is going to be stress all the way.

Ann,

I do not understand it either. Why a flight with connection if there is an early direct flight?

Gitte

I am also on that cruise. At least the first port after Lisbon is Porto, which is very close if you should miss the ship. But I do not know why AZ would cut a flight that close. I would definitely request an earlier direct flight or get it in writing that they will transfer you to the first port if anything happens. I hope you aren’t flying Air France because of all the strikes.

Hi Brigitte. This would leave me feeling somewhat stressed with a connecting flight. Gone are the days when Azamara flew you in a day early and put you up in a hotel. It's one of the reasons I like to DIY now. Not always possible. I hope the flights go ok for you and you'll have a chance of a bite to eat and glass of wine before the drill ;)

Phil

Hi Brigitte. This would leave me feeling somewhat stressed with a connecting flight. Gone are the days when Azamara flew you in a day early and put you up in a hotel. It's one of the reasons I like to DIY now. Not always possible. I hope the flights go ok for you and you'll have a chance of a bite to eat and glass of wine before the drill ;)

Phil

I hope it too Phil. Enjoy Hawaï. :cool:

Today I received my e-tickets and the flight details for the Azamara Journey.

I could not log in to my flights because I did not receive a booking ID and the ticket numbers were not complete. :o:confused:

I had to call the airline for the missing data and they were very helpful.

Next time I book the flights by myself.

Yeah, and with Frankfurt Airport, it can be a real mess at times. I have frequent traveler friends who refuse to go through there unless they have 4 hrs. connection time. Hope everything goes smoothly for you, Gitte.

Thank you. We (yn)(yn)(yn)(yn)(yn)

It’s a real pity because I know Azamara worked really hard with their air and precruise arrangements some while ago. The previous Chief Blogging Officer, Bill Leiber went into great detail about what was being done to enhance the product and make it worthy of the cruiseline it was aiming to be. I guess the bean counters got involved and it went to pot.

Phil