Largest Table MDR/Sharing Tables

We’re a group of 7 people traveling on Allure.

I’m curious what the capacity of the largest table is.

Going back a while, one of the things that I enjoyed was coming to dinner on the first night and meeting other people, who you would look forward to meeting each night for the rest of the cruise.

I haven’t has that experience in quite some time, and I’m wondering if that’s still happens.

Are there tables which would accommodate additional families over and above the seven of us?

We’re a group of 7 people traveling on Allure.

I’m curious what the capacity of the largest table is.

Going back a while, one of the things that I enjoyed was coming to dinner on the first night and meeting other people, who you would look forward to meeting each night for the rest of the cruise.

I haven’t has that experience in quite some time, and I’m wondering if that’s still happens.

Are there tables which would accommodate additional families over and above the seven of us?

There are 8 maybe 10. Personally I would just get a table for your group. Even with a table for 10 the other may feel as if they are not part of the group. I know my wife and I would not like to be at a table of 8 or 10 where everyone else is one family.

My husband and myself once shared a table with a family group of eight. Whilst they were friendly and welcoming we felt we intruded on their 'family meal'. We enjoy meeting with others but it would have been much better if the table had been made up of couples. If we were planning to cruise as a couple again we would most probably request to be at a smaller table.

14 is the most we were quoted and that I have ever seen.

Good to know that there’s still seating with other couples/families for when we’re just a family of four cruising and that people sit with the same family every night.

I completely understand why people would feel like they wouldn’t want to be at a table with a large family.

There are 8 maybe 10. Personally I would just get a table for your group. Even with a table for 10 the other may feel as if they are not part of the group. I know my wife and I would not like to be at a table of 8 or 10 where everyone else is one family.

I agree, being joined with a group/family & outnumbered would not be our preference.

Once on Voyager we [DW&I) had MTD. First night we were put on a table with 8 people who all were travelling together, which was not ideal. After a few nights of table surfing we ended up on a table for 12 with 5 other couples who never knew each other pre-cruise - we had a great time for the rest of the cruise.

I've seen a few tables for 12 in the MDR.

We were at a table set-up for 12 on the BOS in April. There were 6 of us in our family. There was a couple of 2 at the table. The next night 2 of the chairs had been removed.

We had a nice time interacting with each other. The couple of 2 was included in all our conversations.

Previous to this on our past 3 cruises on RCCL there was "just" us, the parents, and our 3 teenage sons who are now 15, 18, and 20.

Before that the previous cruises with the boys, we were seated with another family. That was enjoyable, also.

We are fine with just our family and with other people. We always include everybody at the table in the conversations. There are positives in either arrangement.

When we cruised BK (before kids) we were usually seated with a table of other couples. That was great, too.

Since the introduction and popularity of specialty restaurants, the chance of seeing your table mates each evening is small. When we did traditional dining (years ago) the MDR was the the place to go and no-shows were not common. We changed to MTD when we noticed we were sitting at half empty tables too often.

Exactly this. As a couple we would feel like a third wheel at a table like this. It happened to us once and it was awkward, and it was only a family of five. not to mention when they didn't show up we were completely alone.