Internet Cafe Costs?

Hi all,

I'm taking the cruise to Cuba next week on Majesty. It's my first cruise so I don't really know what to expect. I'm going to need to check my e-mail every day for work, but most likely won't need to spend more than a few minutes a day on it. Since the Voom plans are all per day, they seem inefficient for this scenario. I keep seeing vague allusions to "internet cafes" on board, but I haven't been able to find any recent pricing information. Does anyone know how much they cost and whether they let you buy internet in per minute/per amount of data increments?

My phone doesn't have international roaming, so that isn't an option, and everything I've read implies that free WiFi is not something that you can count on in Cuba.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm taking the cruise to Cuba next week on Majesty. It's my first cruise so I don't really know what to expect. I'm going to need to check my e-mail every day for work, but most likely won't need to spend more than a few minutes a day on it. Since the Voom plans are all per day, they seem inefficient for this scenario. I keep seeing vague allusions to "internet cafes" on board, but I haven't been able to find any recent pricing information. Does anyone know how much they cost and whether they let you buy internet in per minute/per amount of data increments?

My phone doesn't have international roaming, so that isn't an option, and everything I've read implies that free WiFi is not something that you can count on in Cuba.

Thanks!

Cost of VOOM (internet service) onboard, whether you use your device or one of the giuest computers:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55188055&postcount=105

There are no Internet cafes onboard any Royal ships. You’ll need to get Voom.

Royal ships STILL have Internet Cafe's, and as others have stated must purchase whole day of use even to use computer for few minutes...

Hi all,

Thanks!

Thanks so muchmuch ever! Not what I was hoping, but it's good to be able to plan ahead.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. :)

If you were thinking about getting the soda package, you may be interested in this: There is usually a special of soda + VOOM. Look in your Cruise Planner.