NCL vs. Carnival "Refunds"

patannel

Well, Carnival came up with great compensation after a water line breakage on board the Dream today. WTG!

Much better than what NCL has given it's guests on "the cruise from hell". And it was NO ACCIDENT! Sneaky, and little regard for passengers health and safety.

Carnival will give a FULL REFUND to effected passengers. AND a 50% credit toward a future cruise. I am holding out for a better offer from NCL.

My post has been confirmed. It is on the Carnival Message Board. Communication from an official at CCL. Never sailed on CCL, myself.

Within 24 hours passengers offered flights home if they wish to get off ship, ( I would love to have been offered a flight home on Day 2 or any day of a 16 day cruise SUN,when the toxic chemicals were brought our for all the see), 100 % REFUND, (you get cash, not offered to SUN passengers), and 50% credit for future cruise.

ALL we got is 100% credit of the FARE toward future cruise on NCL. TRASH to me. I spent a bucket list savings account to take the PANAMA CANAL cruise. As did the majority of fellow elderly cruisers from around the world. It was not a 7 day go to the Caribbean Cruise. Several are still sick ! A crime was committed. But "sorry" I signed a ticket to relieve NCL to do whatever they wanted to do.

No NCL management official has even posted an apology on CC.

My post has been confirmed. It is on the Carnival Message Board. Communication from an official at CCL. Never sailed on CCL, myself.

Within 24 hours passengers offered flights home if they wish to get off ship, ( I would love to have been offered a flight home on Day 2 or any day of a 16 day cruise SUN,when the toxic chemicals were brought our for all the see), 100 % REFUND, (you get cash, not offered to SUN passengers), and 50% credit for future cruise.

ALL we got is 100% credit of the FARE toward future cruise on NCL. TRASH to me. I spent a bucket list savings account to take the PANAMA CANAL cruise. As did the majority of fellow elderly cruisers from around the world. It was not a 7 day go to the Caribbean Cruise. Several are still sick ! A crime was committed. But "sorry" I signed a ticket to relieve NCL to do whatever they wanted to do.

Then use that 100% credit to take another Panama Canal cruise in the future. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

BECAUSE I don't have the money! For taxes, port fees, gratuities, excursions, (oh, I could just stay on the ship the whole time) hotel for one night, and flights.

So you book a cabin with taxes, port fees, gratuities, etc. that would be completely covered by the 100% credit they are giving you towards a future cruise. If you paid $5000... they are giving you $5000 towards a future cruise. Just be sure that covers all the add ons. Or am I missing something here.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The 100% credit is ONLY for the base fare. All other charges(including taxes) are not included and must be paid again. A few younger regular cruisers are taking the deal. I am in USA. Many flew from UK, Australia, New Zealand, Tasmania, Israel, Canada, Germany, Turkey.....many different languages heard on board, lots of scooters, oxygen canisters, who had to

pay out of pocket for breathing treatments, (due to toxic fumes) Really feel they deserve more compensation, for sure.

A permanent website has been established.

The 100% credit is ONLY for the base fare. All other charges(including taxes) are not included and must be paid again. A few younger regular cruisers are taking the deal. I am in USA. Many flew from UK, Australia, New Zealand, Tasmania, Israel, Canada, Germany, Turkey.....many different languages heard on board, lots of scooters, oxygen canisters, who had to

pay out of pocket for breathing treatments, (due to toxic fumes) Really feel they deserve more compensation, for sure.

A permanent website has been established.

Could you provide a link please?

No one ever wants to be in cruise from hell. Moreso if you have spent time and resources planning for it.

In varying degrees, we all have experienced a trip or a vacation we wish we have not taken.

I don't think it is right to question the anger and frustration one has gone through.

It is always easier to belittle someone else's feelings when they go through it.

It becomes a different story when it happens to you.

I am sorry that happened to you. I would be pretty pissed too, especially for a bucket list cruise.

It really says a lot about the difference of how Carnival treats their customers vs NCL. Congrats to Carnival for handling a situation well.