Discount Gift Cards?

bobnfl

At check out ad Dad50. I am signed up for all the emails. lol

Thanks so much, I went and looked at my profile at Princess and the 'receive promos by email' was checked NO, I really can't complain when it was my bad to begin with. I have fixed that!

• 8 months later...

It has been a few months since this thread has seen any discussion. As we are taking our first Princess Cruise to Alaska this fall and have a few months I have started looking for a discount on the Gift Cards.  I found a really good deal on the Carnival Corp Cards through AMEX a few years back. Looking now they are going for a pretty standard rate of a penny per AMEX point, so hoping they run a promo there in the near future. Aside from the Mothers and Fathers Day Promotions directly from Princess, where else have you found recently that I should keep an eye on?

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/9/2018 at 12:35 AM, marybeshaw said:

Just throwing another way to get gift cards out: If you have an American Express card with membership rewards, you can use points to get Carnival Corporation gift cards. Those work on any Carnival line, including Princess.

They work great if you use them to pay for things over the phone, though Princess support reps sometimes need to ask for help in figuring out how to put them in the system.

Chase rewards only have carnival cruise lines gift cards, which cannot be redeemed on Princess. It is important to get the carnival corporation cards for Princess.

I have a question can u use carnival cruise line gift cards to pay for Princess. Or if Allstate stops jerking around and offer princess cards. Is there a limit how many ya will allow me to use. 

42 minutes ago, traveloh said:

I have a question can u use carnival cruise line gift cards to pay for Princess. Or if Allstate stops jerking around and offer princess cards. Is there a limit how many ya will allow me to use. 

No. Carnival gift cards are no good for Princess cruises. The fact that they are both owned by Carnival Corp. has no bearing. You can't use a Taco Bell gift card at Pizza Hut or KFC even though they are all owned by Yum! Brands, Inc.

Edited by Thrak

46 minutes ago, traveloh said:

The $100 Allstate cards are there today!

33 minutes ago, Thrak said:

No. Carnival gift cards are no good for Princess cruises. The fact that they are both owned by Carnival Corp. has no bearing. You can't use a Taco Bell gift card at Pizza Hut or KFC even though they are all owned by Yum! Brands, Inc.

Thank that is what I figured