Willdra’s Hyperactive Carnival Horizon April 15-22 Cruise

willdra

YES so excited for another Willdra review!!! Last one I read was hands down the easiest read I’ve done on CC , so entertaining. Thanks for sharing your adventures and fabulous writing style with us!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were staying in Paris

To get away from your parents

You look so proud standing there with a frown and a cigarette, posting pictures of yourself on the internet **Paris-The Chainsmokers**

(This song has absolutely nothing to do with anything, it was just stuck in my head the whole time we were in Paris!)

Welcome to Willdra’s Hyperactive Carnival Horizon April 15-22 Cruise Review!

TLDR Version (Too Long Didn’t Read): We had a great time, loved the Horizon, and we would do it all over again, twice if we could!

P.S. Horizon pictures will follow the Paris portion.

Still here? Sweet!!!

My husband W and I took this journey as a part of a group cruise that our daughter (A) and her fiancé (Z) take every year. We've sailed with their group before, and we were thrilled that it worked out for us to join them again, especially on the brand new Horizon. It all started out as just the cruise with maybe a couple of days at the end in Barcelona. Somewhere along the way, it morphed into a pre-cruise stay in Paris, then the Horizon Cruise, followed by a post-cruise piece of Barcelona, and a short after party in Paris. Too much? Yep, that's why it's Hyperactive!

So A and Z play a super nerdy card game, that you've prolly never heard of, called Magic the Gathering. They also belong to a "Magic Cruise Group" on FB, which is a group of peeps who sail together annually, to play….Magic the Gathering. Woooohooooo!!! This is actually the group's 10th cruise together, so it's become a tradition for them. I’ve never played MTG before, since you have to be smart, and you know, remember things. #toohard

W has played tho and he seems to enjoy it. When he wins. Which isn't that often.

After over a year of agonizing, waiting, and planning (I did all of the planning, everyone else just waited), travel day finally arrived! I had an all-day meeting on travel day, so I technically “worked” until 4 (worked=sat in my seat daydreaming and faking attentiveness, which I’m great at).

By the time I got to this point I KNEW I had to subscribe! About time someone did a real trip report (though I have appreciated all the shorter pictorials and shorter reviews previously) on the Horizon. Your style is like hearing my own voice dictate a trip report. Plus, DH and I are also an interracial couple. This should be fun. I'll just pull up a chair, a cold beverage, brush up on Magic: The Gathering, and come along for the ride! There's room on the bus, right? ;p:'):'):')

• Like 1

Really looking forward to reading this. Every time I see one of your reviews I think, "I would like to travel with them. They are just the right amount of normal and just the right amount of fun!" You probably need to come on our Panama Canal Cruise in September. . . just so you know.

Woo hoo!!! I really enjoy reading your reviews and so happy to see this one, plus BONUS time (Paris, Barcelona), in progress, so I will definitely be following along for the ride. I love your writing style (love the humor) and I've always enjoyed the beautiful pictures you share. A European cruise may be in the cards for us down the road sometime but definitely not in the immediate future, so I really enjoy the reviews of the European itineraries. Thank you in advance for taking the time to do this one.

YES so excited for another Willdra review!!! Last one I read was hands down the easiest read I’ve done on CC , so entertaining. Thanks for sharing your adventures and fabulous writing style with us!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you [emoji4]!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh so waiting for this...April in Paris. We have 8 months to wait for our Horizon adventure.

Thanks and you’re gonna love the Horizon! [emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

By the time I got to this point I KNEW I had to subscribe! About time someone did a real trip report (though I have appreciated all the shorter pictorials and shorter reviews previously) on the Horizon. Your style is like hearing my own voice dictate a trip report. Plus, DH and I are also an interracial couple. This should be fun. I'll just pull up a chair, a cold beverage, brush up on Magic: The Gathering, and come along for the ride! There's room on the bus, right? ;p:'):'):')

LOL [emoji23] thanks for hopping on! It’s going to be a bumpy ride! 🤪

Really looking forward to reading this. Every time I see one of your reviews I think, "I would like to travel with them. They are just the right amount of normal and just the right amount of fun!" You probably need to come on our Panama Canal Cruise in September. . . just so you know.

OMG I so want to do Panama Canal!! 🤩🤩 We haven’t quite decided on our fall cruise yet, so maybe... [emoji6]

Woo hoo!!! I really enjoy reading your reviews and so happy to see this one, plus BONUS time (Paris, Barcelona), in progress, so I will definitely be following along for the ride. I love your writing style (love the humor) and I've always enjoyed the beautiful pictures you share. A European cruise may be in the cards for us down the road sometime but definitely not in the immediate future, so I really enjoy the reviews of the European itineraries. Thank you in advance for taking the time to do this one.

Thank you so much [emoji4]!! Let me know if you have questions about cruising in Europe. It’s completely different from Caribbean cruising, in the best way!

Hey Wildra!!! You know we're along for the ride. GREAT start, as always! :D

Hey Jeff!! So glad you’re here! Now it’s a party!!

P.S. Your review is so good!! I’m reading yours more than I’m working on this one![emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

So I'm sitting here eating supper (stir fry; I try to duplicate the Mongolian wok onboard... I get close enough!), anticipating my next cruise in a few-ish weeks, and trying to wile away the hours on cc and up pops a wildra review! Yay!

Paris Day Two

We slept hard and long, and we woke up lazily. I didn't even open my eyes until 10. W wanted breakfast, but I wasn't motivated enough for that, so he went without me. Once I was sufficiently rested, I got up and showered. There were no washcloths in the rooms, and somehow I don’t think they exist here. So do we just walk around with crusty eyes and chins?? Is that what we’re doing now? Nope. I improvised and used the end of my towel to wash my face. I bring my mesh sponge for the shower, so I was good to go. I didn't even ask W how he managed. I was scared of the answer.

When I was squeaky clean I went downstairs to meet the squad. We sat around for a while then decided to go find food. We walked up and down the hotel’s street, and settled on Paninis. We took everything back and ate at the hotel because it was easier to spread out.

My Panini

41941542882_7025af3199_z.jpg

41962575662_767a6bc1af_z.jpg

We hadn't heard from A and Z yet because they were touring museums with friends from the group. I checked the weather, and it was looking ominous, with rain headed our way. We decided to get started and just meet A and Z when they were done. We planned to go to Arc de Triomphe then down Champs Elysees. W mapped our route on the Metro and we left the hotel. We only needed to take 1 train to get there, which was convenient. Sometimes the train system is confusing, but once you do it a couple of times it gets easier. If I can figure it out, a hedgehog can.

AC and V on the Metro

26901323697_7c5bec429a_z.jpg

After we got to our stop we started walking out, but it took a minute to find our exit. We found it after walking around underground for an uncomfortable amount of time. We exited right in front of the Arc and it was everything! After we took pictures we walked through the tunnel under the Arc to the other side. A and Z were there by that time, so we waited for them to find us then we all strolled down Champs Elysees together.

W and I at the Arc

41941670052_56a88552a9_z.jpg

W waiting on the women

40870249135_b7ffb18d2e_z.jpg

AC and V needed to exchange USD for EUR because it never occurred to them that they could not use USD in Paris until we were here (even tho W and I told them several times), so we found a Telex very close. They exchanged their money quickly and we walked around some more. We spent time going in and out of shops that caught our eye. We loved every store that we went into. Paris is really about experience. It’s such a different over the top feel. Extra, but in a great way.

A loves Laduree!

26901308997_aa06555b9c_z.jpg

39961720110_b0aa5b2948_z.jpg

26901301897_1a0f9ff15e_z.jpg

Nike Paris

26901299577_8b6c7af24c_z.jpg

The Paris Disney Store

41051494654_1d42189b4b_z.jpg

After the stroll, we decided to go to the Louvre. We wanted to see the area then find gift shops. For the record, there are lots and lots of gift shops around there. We didn't get tickets to tour, but it would've been a good day for it. The lines were fairly short and it was raining, which prolly kept people away. We loved looking at all of the detail in everything.

41728388762_6dcdbdd03f_z.jpg

41728379942_aed2579993_z.jpg

41769658481_9bae4761c7_z.jpg

40179580530_9ae395c530_z.jpg