Table requested/Laundry times

Cruisefun86

Hey everyone! My DW and I are cruising the Freedom on 5/12 out of Galveston. 4th year in a row we are heading out to sea.

First I just wanted to make a comment....I emailed Csaba (He goes by Chubby?) YESTERDAY 5/9 about requesting a table for 2 by a window for our confirmed late dining time. The email I sent was at 11am. At 11pm, he writes back that he is more than happy to honor my request!! I think that is phenomenal after seeing some haven't heard back from their Maitre d' at all. Its been a rough last 12 months and we cannot wait! Also, should I check in when we get on board that the request has been processed?

To the question: Regardless of how I fold clothes and how much ironing I do before I pack and regardless of how I pack.... When I open my bags, my elegant night clothes and almost everything else is wrinkled to a point where I turn on the shower and have to hang them in bathroom for an hour to make myself feel half way acceptable...

Is the self service laundry station where I can use the Iron available 24/7, or do they close that down? I didnt realize that there was self laundry stations with an ironing board before, i feel silly now. lol

Thank you!!

I use the laundry services now too (used to do the free laundry as Platinum but clothes come back in a manner I am unhappy with), so I actually wash and dry a load of clothes myself (the clothes we wored down to go back home in as it is usually pants, and also the first day or two of shorts to stretch my clothes onboard and so I don't have to pack anything but a small airline carry on size suitecase) I am pretty sure the irons are available 24/7, but washing in port is not allowed. I iron hubby's pants and dress shirts, but I have great dresses in a fabric that doesn't wrinkle for anything!

On the first day, before the muster drill, I'm in the laundry ironing my shirts for elegant night. No more ironing for the rest of the cruise.

More power to you but I don’t iron at home so I am sure as heck not ironing on a cruise. We only have wrinkle free clothing - including DH dress shirts!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While I'm glad that you got a response from the Maitre'D, just know that for those that didn't get a response that it is not their job or responsibility to respond to guest requests.

Yea I had 0 expectations that i would get a reply. Usually around 2 we just head to the MDR and speak with the maitre d'. Thought that was pretty good though.

Jmae, thats what I was thinking unless it is open 24 hours and then I may just get in there early one morning. Still wondering if the ironing board will be available to use throughout the night.

Bakers that is a great idea! I may try that!