Karaoke?

GoldieJ

I thought anyone could participate, just go up and request a song? Perhaps the song choices for teens may be a bit limited though - unless the teen also fancies themselves the next Sinatra!

There are catalogs to look thru..the choices number into the thousands.

yes, if someone named Kory is in Crooners...he turns a very nice piano bar into his personal karaoke dive...:(

Hey, I loved Kory’s singalongs on my last cruise! Became a regular at Crooners just to listen to him and had a ball every night!

Not that many people sang a full song ala karaoke there, I remember maybe two people who performed there with him accompanying on piano, and they were both decent (esp compared to the ‘talent’ I heard at karaoke!).

I had a scan through the catalogues before, but had a difficult time finding the regular songs I would sing at karaoke (maybe they just don’t like the 90s/00s - which is my era). Another lady was looking with me and had the same issue of not being able to find anything to sing... so I dunno. They did have Frozen songs though so it’s not all old stuff!

I had a scan through the catalogues before, but had a difficult time finding the regular songs I would sing at karaoke (maybe they just don’t like the 90s/00s - which is my era). Another lady was looking with me and had the same issue of not being able to find anything to sing... so I dunno. They did have Frozen songs though so it’s not all old stuff!

I guess we shall see. She will sing 70's up through today. Not so sure about Sinatra. She sang Bon Jovi on the last cruise. Did pretty good.

Catalogs? On both the Royal and the Grand everything was computerized. You had to tell the staff person which song you wanted to sing. (I don't know whether or not they had the capability to search by artist.) Are there actual physical catalogs on the Emerald?

Catalogs? On both the Royal and the Grand everything was computerized. You had to tell the staff person which song you wanted to sing. (I don't know whether or not they had the capability to search by artist.) Are there actual physical catalogs on the Emerald?

Yes there were books on the Emerald a few years ago even with the new system. While HQ likes to think paperless is better, it is really much easier and more efficient for passengers to scan through the books. When Princess changed their karaoke system a few years ago they made it worse with limited songs to choose and on some ships no books. Some staff members like to say, you ask for a song, we don't have it, you ask for another, we don't have it, ask again we don't have it, then you walk away. Way easier to look in a book yourself.