Help needed with Transportation in Stockholm

Cost is about 500 SEK with Taxi kurir, It should be about the same for Taxi Stockholm and Sverigetaxi (former Taxi 020).

Book through or via Smartphone App.

https://www.taxikurir.se/stockholm

https://www.taxistockholm.se

https://www.sverigetaxi.se/

Thank you Desdichado62, for all the information. I'll think about it. It might be easier than trying to navigate the public transportation network. Do you think the 500 SEK cost includes one suitcase and gratuity, or would that be extra?

Again, thank you for your help. It's nice to have a knowledgeable person to help out....if you ever come to Ottawa, Canada...:D

Sorry to say, pre-booking isn't working. They don't have the cruise pier options. I don't have a smart phone with data....they quoted me 11,438 SEK for the trip. I think that's too expensive. I don't know how else to do it. There is no contact info for the taxi. I'll take my chances at the pier, I guess. Thanks for the information. It might help someone else.

11400? There is no way that can be correct. The website specifically says the the price to Arlanda from

central Stockholm is 495 since it is a fixed prixe. The only thing I can think of is that you somehow selected

Frihamnen in Gothenburg because it would make sense price wize since Gothenburg is 300+ km away.

"Fast pris till/från* Arlanda Flygplats – Stockholms City Arlanda och Stockholm City är 495 kr inklusive moms."

*= an additional charge if you going from Arlanda to Stockholm city.

Fill it in like this (change time, date and terminal) and you should get the correct price.

TK_pris.png

I did that.......and the request still failed. Do you think I'm trying to book too far ahead....it's for July 1....which is only 5.5 weeks away. But the price is as you said....495 SEK. That's an improvement. :D

Thanks for your help!

Going on the Serenade, leaving out of Stockholm, what are my options to get from my hotel to the port and then port to airport. I am taking a train from airport to hotel. Are there any car services, is there Uber?

Thank you

Going on the Serenade, leaving out of Stockholm, what are my options to get from my hotel to the port and then port to airport. I am taking a train from airport to hotel. Are there any car services, is there Uber?

Thank you

Either any of the taxi companies listed above or car service - Freys Hyrverk. http://freys.se/

buses 50, 53, 54 and 65 will not stop at centralstation between 21 May - 21 June due to construction works.

Bus 53 is commonly used for getting to/from Old Town/Londonviadukten/Centralstation.

To get to the Centralstation, get off at Stadshuset and walk to Centralstation.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/59.3303948,18.0587375/Stadshuset,+112+21+Stockholm/@59.3292899,18.053431,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m9!4m8!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x465f77df8ee1f6dd:0x5bf432c579bd8af6!2m2!1d18.0539015!2d59.3280502!3e2

https://sl.se/sv/info/nyheter/bussar-via-vasagatan-laggs-*****-dagtid-pa-grund-av-vagarbeten/?date=true

• 2 weeks later...
We have the same question but only 2 of us. Our ship docks at Frihamnen 638 at 9am so want to get to Vasa hopefully before the ship tours. We travel late August.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

We are also at Frihamnen on 29/06/18 on Celebrity Silhouette.

I have booked tickets for the ABBA Museum.

I’m not sure if there is a bus stop outside the port or if a taxi might be our best option. Do they take Credit Cards?

We are also at Frihamnen on 29/06/18 on Celebrity Silhouette.

I have booked tickets for the ABBA Museum.

I’m not sure if there is a bus stop outside the port or if a taxi might be our best option. Do they take Credit Cards?

There is a bus stop very close and yes taxis will take credit cards but probably not cash.

Desdichado 62 can you tell me how we can get to the Abba Museum from Nynashamn please

Thank you

There are several ways.

1. Ship shuttle to Gustav Adolfs torg and tram 7 towards Waldermarsudde from Kungsträdgården to Liljevalchs/Gröna Lund stop.

2. Commuter train 42X from Nynäshamn to Odenplan station and from there bus 67 towards Skansen to Liljevalchs/Gröna Lund stop.

3. Commuter train 42X from Nynäshamn to Stockholm city station and from there bus 69 towards Kaknästornet to Kungsträdgården where you change to tram 7 towards Waldermarsudde from Kungsträdgården to Liljevalchs/Gröna Lund stop.

4. Same as #3 but continue with bus 69 to Djugårdsbron and walk from there (about 800 m / 10 minutes walk)..

As always for Stockholm, tickets must be bought before going onto the train/bus/tram.

• 3 weeks later...
Your best bet would likely be the HoHo boats. They usually do extra traffic in the morning as shuttle boats between

Stadsgården (S167 quay) and Vasa. There is also the harbour ferry M/S Emelie from Stadsgården in the morning.

From Vasa to Old Town -> Djurgårdsfärjan.

The thing with The city hall is that you can only visit it by taking their tours

but tickets for those are of a limited amount and can only be purchased at the

city hall on the same day as you want to visit.

Thank you for the great info. I think we will stick with visiting the Vasa first thing and then head over to old town to see the changing of the guard and then explore on our own using the Rick Steve's walking tour. I read somewhere that you could buy one-way tickets on the HOHO boats but then someone else said they stopped selling the one way/one stop tickets. If we take the MS Emilie (most cost friendly) from Stadsgarden to the Vasa what is the best way to get to Old Town? What are the options for getting back to Stadsgarden from old town - it looks like there is a good bit of construction going on? It looks like there are city boats but, I am having a hard time figuring out if they will go from Vasa area to Old Town and Old Town to Stadsgarden. If the city boats are a viable option what type of tickets do I need and can they be purchased where the boat departs?

Thank you for the great info. I think we will stick with visiting the Vasa first thing and then head over to old town to see the changing of the guard and then explore on our own using the Rick Steve's walking tour. I read somewhere that you could buy one-way tickets on the HOHO boats but then someone else said they stopped selling the one way/one stop tickets. If we take the MS Emilie (most cost friendly) from Stadsgarden to the Vasa what is the best way to get to Old Town? What are the options for getting back to Stadsgarden from old town - it looks like there is a good bit of construction going on? It looks like there are city boats but, I am having a hard time figuring out if they will go from Vasa area to Old Town and Old Town to Stadsgarden. If the city boats are a viable option what type of tickets do I need and can they be purchased where the boat departs?

Yeah as I said in another reply in another thread, one-stop tickets aren't sold on the HoHo boats anymore.

The easiest way from Vasa to Gamla Stan/Old Town is by harbour ferries (Djurgårdsfärjan). Tickets are bought

during the queuing/boarding process.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Vasamuseet,+Gal%C3%A4rvarvsv%C3%A4gen+14,+115+21+Stockholm/59.3241651,18.0946595/@59.3262404,18.0908296,16.75z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m10!1m1!1s0x465f9d546d8329af:0xcff09af1b4c13241!2m2!1d18.0913964!2d59.3280233!3m4!1m2!1d18.0920681!2d59.327263!3s0x465f9d545c16e3dd:0x3b5711be682e0d3b!1m0!3e2

From Old Town to ship it would be easiest to take a bus #53 from Mälartorget towards Henriksdal/Finnberget and

get off at Londonviadukten. You have to buy tickets in advance though. You can buy them at Pressbyrån on Västerlånggatan,

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/M%C3%A4lartorget/59.3147555,18.0967614/@59.3141832,18.0963607,816m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m12!4m11!1m5!1m1!1s0x465f77e3ae23cd5d:0x733aedf1e9bf46a7!2m2!1d18.0681729!2d59.3230156!1m0!2m2!7e2!8j1529506200!3e3

Another option is to go the same way you came with the harbour ferries. Djurgårdsfärjan to Allmänna Gränd and

then M/S Emelie from Djurgården to the ship at Stadsgården.

I am docking at Statsgarden and want to go to the Vasa first, and then to Gamla Stan.

When I look at the M/S Emelie website I don't see any info on how to get a single trip from the dock to Vasa . Can you please post more details on where the stop is in relation to the cruise ships. Otherwise I am thinking that a taxi would be the easiest option although it would be nice to try the ferry.

I am docking at Statsgarden and want to go to the Vasa first, and then to Gamla Stan.

When I look at the M/S Emelie website I don't see any info on how to get a single trip from the dock to Vasa . Can you please post more details on where the stop is in relation to the cruise ships. Otherwise I am thinking that a taxi would be the easiest option although it would be nice to try the ferry.

In my advice thread (unfortunately locked) I have directions under:

Public transport directions from/to berths and sights.

Transport from berths to Vasa:

From Stadsgården S167

S165167_zpsaozbklbl.png

If my information is correct there should be a painted line on the pavement that will guide you to where the ferry berths.

I don't know when you are sailing but M/S Emelie normally docks at Allmänna gränd at Djurgården but has temporarily changed to Vasa's jetty.