Is Sparkling Cider Available?

I have looked on the Fun Shops website and also searched these boards but have not been able to determine if it is possible to buy sparkling cider for our cabin. I have brought it on before instead of wine but prefer to bring the 2 bottles of wine if we can purchase the cider preferable prior to sailing. I did find old links for purchase on Google but none of them were valid anymore.

I think they do, but not 100%.

You should be able to bring as much as you want on board. It's non=alcoholic and comes in a bottle:D

It’s the bottle that’s the problem. Not allowed unless I use it as one of my wine allotments

I do not know if any soft sparkling cider is available to purchase on board, but would something like Izze Sparkling Juice work? You can get that in cans, and maybe you could treat it like bringing soda on board. Trader Joes also sells a canned sparking apple juice.

I am more of a hard cider drinker, so I don't know, but it's just a thought :)

It’s the bottle that’s the problem. Not allowed unless I use it as one of my wine allotments

Are you sure? You can bring other non alcohol drinks on board if they are in a bottle or can. That makes no sense.

Are you sure? You can bring other non alcohol drinks on board if they are in a bottle or can. That makes no sense.

Only wine/champagne can be in a bottle. Any non alcoholic drink must be in cans/cartons from the home port. Maybe you're thinking of Princess.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Good Grief.

Not sure if this is the reason they do it, but bottles can be easy to refill/reseal. Take a case of glass bottles of Sprite, empty them out and fill them with light rum or vodka, and then use a home-brew bottle capper to reseal them. Prohibiting glass bottles on the ship would certainly prevent that. Limiting people to one bottle each of wine/champagne per person, would at least limit the amount of contraband booze that could be brought on in a similar way using wine bottles. Cartons and cans are not easy to refill and reseal.

The net result is less alcohol contraband on the ship cutting into bar sales, and the cruise line's profits. Once again, I am not sure if this is why they do it, but it is a possible reason.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Good Grief.

you can thank the smugglers. Its been official from Carnival that the main reason for the change where you cant take bottles (except wine) is because of smugglers.

To the OP, I would try to find them in cans so you can enjoy them in your cabin.

If you are wanting non-alcoholic then you are correct in needing to bring your own in cans.

If you want hard cider, they do sell Angry Orchard in cans on the ship.

I didn't realize you could take non-alcoholic wine shaped bottled beverages (since you said subbing for your bottle of wine).

I didn't realize you could take non-alcoholic wine shaped bottled beverages (since you said subbing for your bottle of wine).

I don’t know if it’s “allowed” or if the checker at the port just didn’t pay attention. :rolleyes: