Just off sunshine tug boat pushed us in

BEEZALAR

You're right, I don't, but then again I don't make assumptions that breakdowns are based on poor maintenance. But, based on 43 years as a ship's engineer, I know that the class societies don't allow poor maintenance for systems like power generation and propulsion, since they are certifying that the ships are seaworthy, and can be held liable like any insurance underwriter. I also know how much it costs to maintain a ship like a cruise ship.

Fair enough, you're in good hands with the power generation and propulsion.

My balcony door handle fell off outside. It had been re-drilled so many times vertically and diagonally, that the door was pretty well stripped. Our maintenance guy drilled from the opposite diagonal position, with enough room for another 5 or 6 re-drills to go. If this is any example of what's going on elsewhere, it sounds like we're on the budget side of things.

When we arrived into our cabin (7177) on the Sunshine last month, we began wiping down all surfaces that prior passengers may have touched. In the bathroom, I noticed that the toilet seat was broken and the toilet itself was cracked from top to bottom! I found our cabin steward and showed it to him. He called maintenance and they replaced the entire toilet before we set sail. It had to be a quite large person to break the toilet! And who knows how long it had been broken?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

You have to understand that hotel maintenance is vastly different than systems of engineering maintenance. In my line of work our aircraft cabins have seen a lot of wear and tear but our engines, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems are always 100% we can’t operate if they aren’t.

When we arrived into our cabin (7177) on the Sunshine last month, we began wiping down all surfaces that prior passengers may have touched. In the bathroom, I noticed that the toilet seat was broken and the toilet itself was cracked from top to bottom! I found our cabin steward and showed it to him. He called maintenance and they replaced the entire toilet before we set sail. It had to be a quite large person to break the toilet! And who knows how long it had been broken?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Funny you should mention that, our bathroom floor was very soft (broken down) like a 400lb person had been standing on it. Was a little scary at first...i thought i was going to fall through.

Sent from my iPad using Forums