Carnival Spirit Questions

Yes The delay was 2 fold; the filming of The Grinch trying to steal the boat. carnival has a big association with Dr Sueess. plus there was a few passengers with Noro on the previous cruise, so they did a much more through cleaning... it wasn't bad, but a few more then normal, so better to be safe then sure..

Yes The delay was 2 fold; the filming of The Grinch trying to steal the boat. carnival has a big association with Dr Sueess. plus there was a few passengers with Noro on the previous cruise, so they did a much more through cleaning... it wasn't bad, but a few more then normal, so better to be safe then sure..

This is correct but I think the severity of the Noro on the previous cruise was undersold!

From embarkation on our cruise, the buffets were all crew service only. No staterooms were available before 2.30pm including elevated loyalty and FTTF. Most passengers were aware of the extra precautions but there was no official information or warnings issued.

By day 5 there were over 100 pax reporting Noro symptoms at the medical centre which probably means about 3 times that with the virus. By day 8 there had been more than 450 cases at the medical centre.

It makes me question though. If all passengers were made aware of the issues on the previous cruise, would the virus have flourished so easily on the next?

Cheers

This is correct but I think the severity of the Noro on the previous cruise was undersold!

From embarkation on our cruise, the buffets were all crew service only. No staterooms were available before 2.30pm including elevated loyalty and FTTF. Most passengers were aware of the extra precautions but there was no official information or warnings issued.

By day 5 there were over 100 pax reporting Noro symptoms at the medical centre which probably means about 3 times that with the virus. By day 8 there had been more than 450 cases at the medical centre.

It makes me question though. If all passengers were made aware of the issues on the previous cruise, would the virus have flourished so easily on the next?

Cheers

While I'm careful on a cruise if I'd known about Noro on the previous cruise I'm sure I would have been more vigilant.

Only elbows touching those hand rails on the stairways.

Not eating any bread rolls after handling the menus in the MDR. I'm sure they can't be sanitised properly between uses.

While I'm careful on a cruise if I'd known about Noro on the previous cruise I'm sure I would have been more vigilant.

Only elbows touching those hand rails on the stairways.

Not eating any bread rolls after handling the menus in the MDR. I'm sure they can't be sanitised properly between uses.

Agreed, I always take precautions but a heightened response is required when you know an outbreak occurred on the previous cruise.

Thinking about booking a cruise on the Spirit. We are from the US and have some questions. We are platinum members on carnival and wondering if we can pre-book our excursions. we were told that we couldn't. The wife wants to see koalas. whats the best excursion to do that ?

Quite honestly the best way to see the Koalas is at Toronga Zoo in Sydney, right on the harbour. Not sure if this is a pre-cruise option with Carnival but is very easily done via ferry from Circular Quay without the need for a booked tour. The Koala are one of the first exhibits you will see after entering the Zoo.

Cheers

Quite honestly the best way to see the Koalas is at Toronga Zoo in Sydney, right on the harbour. Not sure if this is a pre-cruise option with Carnival but is very easily done via ferry from Circular Quay without the need for a booked tour. The Koala are one of the first exhibits you will see after entering the Zoo.

Cheers

Or Lone Pine Sanctuary in Brisbane.

http://www.koala.net/en-au/

Thinking about booking a cruise on the Spirit. We are from the US and have some questions. We are platinum members on carnival and wondering if we can pre-book our excursions. we were told that we couldn't. The wife wants to see koalas. whats the best excursion to do that ?

With Carnival Australia you can only book excursions once you board. The pre-boarding website is very poor compared to other cruise lines, but the cruise itself is good!

See the Koala's I would come in a day early & go to Toronga. It's one of the best in the world on the world's greatest Harbour...As mentioned above you can not book excursions before had via Carnivals web page in Australia. Being Platnium my self, I use locals for my shore excursion's. I would use Trip Advisor & The F-Book page for the Carnival Spirit to get Info...

Keep in mind platinum is a little different over here in regards to boarding/check in. Unless it’s changed since May, your boarding pass will not state platinum nor will your luggage tags have priority on them. They do not begin check in until usually 12. On our first platinum cruise we were allowed to sit upstairs from 11 and wait until check in opened at 11:30. Our second we had to wait outside and have our names ticked off the platinum list that someone had. Once 12 hit, we could make our way inside. On our 5 cruises from Aust, only once has check in began before 12.

No pre booking, only done once on board. We loved that on our US cruises, the ability to book excursions early! But in saying that, much better excursions if you look privately. Let us know where you are looking and I’m sure suggestions will come thick and fast.

That goes with everything that you can pre purchase in the US. Also Carnival AU does not have a Cheers package, only the Bubbles. Apparently Carnival thinks Aussies drink enough!

If you are hoping to see wild koalas, it most likely will not happen. Just like when we searched Grand Tetons, Yellowstone ports in Alaska and 45 other states for the elusive moose, it didn’t happen :(

If you are hoping to see wild koalas, it most likely will not happen. Just like when we searched Grand Tetons, Yellowstone ports in Alaska and 45 other states for the elusive moose, it didn’t happen :(

Depends where you go, obviously time and distance is likely against most travellers / visitors to our shores. Tidbinbilla NP here in Canberra have an area where there is a resident population and the rangers go around each morning and spot where they are for the general population. They can still be very hard to see though as they are 30m away up in the fork of a gum.

Kangaroo Island also has a wild population that is easily found and generally accessible from the roads.