Tropical Depression forming off the Yucatán Peninsula

zubee23

Concerned about the Sun being detoured this upcoming Monday (5/28). Hoped to celebrate my 70th birthday in Cuba! Already tendering in Key West which doesn’t tickle my heartstrings.

What are the odds we’ll end up in Nassau?

I know. Man plans - God laughs!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When planning for a cruise, it is always advisable to have a Plan C in addition to Plan B, and, optionally - not "required" - travel/trip interruption insurance ... ships sailing away from incoming storms can all be doing donuts if the nearest available ports are already "full" to capacity with all its berths or piers for docking.

Officially, the season isn't here yet but - one can expect to run into some wild rides in the coming months, depending on how lucky & unlucky ... against mother nature. Of course, some of the Caribbean ports are still in recovery mode from 2017 storms.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/2018-atlantic-hurricane-outlook-how-active-will-the-season-be-following-this-weekends-threat/70005036

Thank you for the info. We had already arranged this trip for last December. Life has its quirky ways so we postponed to this May to celebrate my birthday. At Platinum level, I’m experienced with cruises needing additional Plans. If someone does hear anything about changes to this cruise, I would love a heads up!

Concerned about the Sun being detoured this upcoming Monday (5/28). Hoped to celebrate my 70th birthday in Cuba! Already tendering in Key West which doesn’t tickle my heartstrings.

What are the odds we’ll end up in Nassau?

I know. Man plans - God laughs!

I always check the National Hurricane Center for answers to question like this. As of now, it looks like OP should be fine by the time he sails on Monday.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/