Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast

Does anyone know when you can reserve for the Green Eggs and Ham breakfast? I know a lot have said to make reservations early, but we can't check in online until August for our November cruise, and I don't see an option for reservations on Carnival.

Is this something you do on embark day, or is there an online option?

Thanks in advance!

There's a small charge, I think $5 per person. It's OK. They have the Cat In The Hat, Thing 1, and Thing 2. Yes, you can get green eggs and ham. We were not overly impressed. If your kids LOVE Cat In The Hat, it might be worth it.

Easy to sign up. There is usually a sign up table either in the atrium lobby when you board or just inside the doors on Lido. You can sign up for that, get your Cheers package, and make reservations for the steakhouse in one stop.

We have done it every cruise.It has never sold out. There will be a table set up on embarkation day and you can book then or just call the dining number and reserve. If it fills up they usually add a second one.

and never sells out. so no real rush.

THis breakfast is held on a sea day in the MDR. Cost is 5.00 pp

I beg to differ here...on our last cruise, we missed the table for signing up. When we finally got to make our reservation about 2-3 days into the cruise, one of the sittings was already sold out and the other was already about 75% booked. Both times I've done it, pretty much every seat has been filled as well.

What happens at this breakfast? Is it free?

The Seuss breakfast is great! Esp. for little ones, but we saw several adults there without kids! The dining room is whimsically decorated in Seuss colors. The menu items are mostly inspired by Seuss books and everything we've had was really good. It's nice to have something different than the standard buffet or sea-day brunch. And the characters come in for pictures and visit the tables. My three year old loved it...and I had a blast too!

We went to this last November and loved the steak and eggs. We were a party of 4 adults and really enjoyed it. One of the cruise staff that I got to know came over and got me for pictures before they called up the kids. I am disabled so this was a nice gesture.

Candi

I beg to differ here...on our last cruise, we missed the table for signing up. When we finally got to make our reservation about 2-3 days into the cruise, one of the sittings was already sold out and the other was already about 75% booked. Both times I've done it, pretty much every seat has been filled as well.

Agreed. The first time we sailed the Breeze 2 years ago, it was sold out within 2-3 days. I think it varies by cruise, time of year, crowd, etc.

You can make reservations once on board with no fear they will sell out - there can be several sittings. We went without kids and absolutely loved it!

The main dining room is the setting so there is plenty of space. The decorations are themed, so colorful and whimsical. We enjoyed the delight of the little children as the characters came out. Sam I Am, Thing 1 and Thing 2, and the Cat in the Hat come to each table. You get an autograph book (several sheets with games for kids, plus blank spaces) and the character's helper will put the character's autograph.

The ship photographer is there but they do not make any fuss if your family takes pictures too.

The menu is the same as Sea Day Brunch in the other dining room - steak and eggs, omelets, pork chops, cereal, plus green eggs and ham. But the whole menu is written like a Dr. Seuss book. Cost is $5 and, for the show and happy interaction, seems very reasonable. We had a blast.

Do not listen to those who say it doesn’t sell out. We did it 2 years ago with our kids and we loved it!! We tried to do it last year but waited too long and we were told there was no space available. (This was on day 4/5 of 7) It CAN sell out, but it MIGHT not. We won’t risk it this year; we’ll book it day 1/2.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums